Apr 10, 2010, 11:00 AM EDT
Colorado Avalanche fans can breathe a sigh of relief because their rookie of the year candidate Matt Duchene “will be fine” after an injury scare, at least according to Adrian Dater of the Denver Post. Note: Dater’s post shows up in my Google Reader feed but the link is dead. Because of that, I’ll keep my eyes on the situation in case that post was taken down because Duchene is (in fact) hurt. If not, trust that Duchene should be OK.
Anyway, my text was chirping in the black hours of morning, with word from golden, trusted sources that Matt Duchene “will be fine.” A story detailing this and more should have been on denverpost.com a while ago, but hasn’t posted yet so I thought I’d do this here.
We’ll have to get the Avs’ official line later this morning after practice, but my sources are saying, indeed, he’ll be fine with his torso injury.
Again, if anything changes you will be informed. So far though, good news for the Colorado Avalanche. Duchene has been a big part of the young team’s resurgence, leading all NHL rookies with goals (24) and points (55).
- NHL, Coyotes deny report that team is moving to Vegas 23
- Report: Richards’ border incident involved oxycodone 46
- Trade: Bieksa headed to California — but it’s Anaheim, not San Jose 20
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago 85
- Hamilton signs six-year deal with Flames 18
- Sharks get Jones from Bruins for first-round pick and unsigned prospect 42
- Hurricanes to buy out Semin 15
- Bruins are talking to teams about Savard, but not Rask 13
- Report: Richards part of police investigation 47
- UFA of the Day: Mike Green 5
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (87)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)