Apr 10, 2010, 11:00 AM EST
Colorado Avalanche fans can breathe a sigh of relief because their rookie of the year candidate Matt Duchene “will be fine” after an injury scare, at least according to Adrian Dater of the Denver Post. Note: Dater’s post shows up in my Google Reader feed but the link is dead. Because of that, I’ll keep my eyes on the situation in case that post was taken down because Duchene is (in fact) hurt. If not, trust that Duchene should be OK.
Anyway, my text was chirping in the black hours of morning, with word from golden, trusted sources that Matt Duchene “will be fine.” A story detailing this and more should have been on denverpost.com a while ago, but hasn’t posted yet so I thought I’d do this here.
We’ll have to get the Avs’ official line later this morning after practice, but my sources are saying, indeed, he’ll be fine with his torso injury.
Again, if anything changes you will be informed. So far though, good news for the Colorado Avalanche. Duchene has been a big part of the young team’s resurgence, leading all NHL rookies with goals (24) and points (55).
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 1
- Breaking: Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 16
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 17
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)