Apr 10, 2010, 3:00 PM EDT
Let’s take a look at today’s playoff clinching/seeding opportunities. NHL.com provided the rundown.
1. If the San Jose Sharks lose in regulation tonight, the Blackhawks would clinch the West’s #1 seed.
The New Jersey Devils would clinch the Atlantic division with a win over the New York Islanders and a Penguins’ regulation loss.
Boston: Would clinch a playoff spot if they generate one point. Furthermore, they can clinch the sixth seed if they beat the Hurricanes and the Canadiens lose.
Montreal: Would clinch a playoff spot if they generate one point.
It’s looking like the Rangers and Flyers will play for the eighth seed tomorrow, though that’s not a guarantee.
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 9
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 34
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 27
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 14
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 30
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6