Apr 10, 2010, 3:00 PM EDT
Let’s take a look at today’s playoff clinching/seeding opportunities. NHL.com provided the rundown.
1. If the San Jose Sharks lose in regulation tonight, the Blackhawks would clinch the West’s #1 seed.
The New Jersey Devils would clinch the Atlantic division with a win over the New York Islanders and a Penguins’ regulation loss.
Boston: Would clinch a playoff spot if they generate one point. Furthermore, they can clinch the sixth seed if they beat the Hurricanes and the Canadiens lose.
Montreal: Would clinch a playoff spot if they generate one point.
It’s looking like the Rangers and Flyers will play for the eighth seed tomorrow, though that’s not a guarantee.
- Stars win one night after Peverley collapse, give Miller first Blues loss 3
- Crosby, Pens continue recent dominance of Ovechkin, Caps 19
- Terry Trafford’s body found in Michigan on Tuesday 8
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 17
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 57
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 11
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 27
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 19
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (70)
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter (60)