Apr 10, 2010, 3:00 PM EDT
Let’s take a look at today’s playoff clinching/seeding opportunities. NHL.com provided the rundown.
1. If the San Jose Sharks lose in regulation tonight, the Blackhawks would clinch the West’s #1 seed.
The New Jersey Devils would clinch the Atlantic division with a win over the New York Islanders and a Penguins’ regulation loss.
Boston: Would clinch a playoff spot if they generate one point. Furthermore, they can clinch the sixth seed if they beat the Hurricanes and the Canadiens lose.
Montreal: Would clinch a playoff spot if they generate one point.
It’s looking like the Rangers and Flyers will play for the eighth seed tomorrow, though that’s not a guarantee.
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 5
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 13
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 47
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 21
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12