Apr 10, 2010, 3:00 PM EDT
Let’s take a look at today’s playoff clinching/seeding opportunities. NHL.com provided the rundown.
1. If the San Jose Sharks lose in regulation tonight, the Blackhawks would clinch the West’s #1 seed.
The New Jersey Devils would clinch the Atlantic division with a win over the New York Islanders and a Penguins’ regulation loss.
Boston: Would clinch a playoff spot if they generate one point. Furthermore, they can clinch the sixth seed if they beat the Hurricanes and the Canadiens lose.
Montreal: Would clinch a playoff spot if they generate one point.
It’s looking like the Rangers and Flyers will play for the eighth seed tomorrow, though that’s not a guarantee.
- Ryan agrees to seven-year, $50.75 million extension 11
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ 37
- Holland doesn’t see Babcock deal by start of season 10
- Risk Factors: Pittsburgh Penguins edition 4
- PHT Morning Skate: Flyers bringing back Ice Girls 15
- Dillon’s agent: Discussions with Stars are ‘frustrating and disappointing’ 7
- NHL shoots down Tkachev’s contract with Edmonton 9
- NHL Board of Governors approves Islanders sale 6
- Johansen, Blue Jackets talks haven’t just resumed, they’re ‘very polite’ 15
- Speedy recovery: Giroux (lower body) to play vs. Rangers tonight 12
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ (37)
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Reinhart admits frustration; time running out to make Sabres? (25)
- Canucks waive Markstrom as Shinkaruk, Jensen continue to impress (23)
- Filip Forsberg has scored two thirds of the Preds’ preseason goals (21)