Apr 10, 2010, 10:59 PM EDT
Tonight’s season finale for the Atlanta Thrashers became a bit chippy, as the Penguins seemed to take exception to Atlanta’s physical play (although the Penguins outhit the Thrashers 19-5). Things also seemed to get all the more testy when the Thrashers laid a couple of hits on superstar Sidney Crosby.
This seemed to lead to some retaliation — of sorts — from the Penguins and Matt Cooke started targeting Evander Kane. That didn’t go so well.
After the game, Atlanta coach John Anderson had some choice words for Crosby and Cooke, including this:
“Crosby is so great for this game, he’s a wonderful player, but you know…you’re gonna get hit out there a little bit. As much as you don’t want to see him hurt or anything like that he’s gonna get hit because he has the puck so much. How else do you take it off him? That’s just part of the game. But everytime he gets body checked does that mean somebody’s got to get attacked?”
Here’s the video:
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 3
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 24
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 5
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 12
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 25