Apr 9, 2010, 4:15 PM EST
Here’s a quick roundup of news regarding injuries and goalies around the NHL.
Quick too young for so many starts?
Helene Elliott of the Los Angeles Times writes that perhaps Jonathan Quick’s lack of experience/youth might explain why he’s beginning to fall apart amid a heavy workload. On some level, it seems strange to ask that since one would assume that younger legs would allow for more mileage, but when you consider that a big part of playing well in net is between the ears … the question starts to make more sense.
So why not bring both Jonathans to the playoffs, then? Would the Kings really want to lean on Erik Ersberg if Quick falters?
Jeff Carter could return tonight
NHL.com reports that the sniping center could be back for the Flyers in their big game against the New York Rangers tonight. The high-scoring forward is recovering from a broken foot, although the report indicates that he “looked good” and didn’t walk with much of a limp in the locker room.
Alex Kovalev needs MRI
The often-frustrating but sublimely gifted forward injured his knee in last night’s game against the Tampa Bay Lightning. He’s expected to get a MRI today and the Ottawa Senators said that they expect to know more on Saturday, reports Sportsnet.ca.
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 22
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 42
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 15
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 29
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 11
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 48
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 44
- Jordan Leopold’s daughter may have orchestrated the Minnesota trade 17
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 65
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 46
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (168)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (69)