Apr 9, 2010, 4:15 PM EDT
Here’s a quick roundup of news regarding injuries and goalies around the NHL.
Quick too young for so many starts?
Helene Elliott of the Los Angeles Times writes that perhaps Jonathan Quick’s lack of experience/youth might explain why he’s beginning to fall apart amid a heavy workload. On some level, it seems strange to ask that since one would assume that younger legs would allow for more mileage, but when you consider that a big part of playing well in net is between the ears … the question starts to make more sense.
So why not bring both Jonathans to the playoffs, then? Would the Kings really want to lean on Erik Ersberg if Quick falters?
Jeff Carter could return tonight
NHL.com reports that the sniping center could be back for the Flyers in their big game against the New York Rangers tonight. The high-scoring forward is recovering from a broken foot, although the report indicates that he “looked good” and didn’t walk with much of a limp in the locker room.
Alex Kovalev needs MRI
The often-frustrating but sublimely gifted forward injured his knee in last night’s game against the Tampa Bay Lightning. He’s expected to get a MRI today and the Ottawa Senators said that they expect to know more on Saturday, reports Sportsnet.ca.
- Canucks ink Brandon Sutter to five-year, $21.875 million extension 18
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM 36
- It’s Detroit Red Wings Day at PHT 15
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 32
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 29
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Owner Pegula: Sabres have gone through ‘two of the most successful seasons we’ve ever had’ (43)
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM (38)