Apr 9, 2010, 4:15 PM EDT
Here’s a quick roundup of news regarding injuries and goalies around the NHL.
Quick too young for so many starts?
Helene Elliott of the Los Angeles Times writes that perhaps Jonathan Quick’s lack of experience/youth might explain why he’s beginning to fall apart amid a heavy workload. On some level, it seems strange to ask that since one would assume that younger legs would allow for more mileage, but when you consider that a big part of playing well in net is between the ears … the question starts to make more sense.
So why not bring both Jonathans to the playoffs, then? Would the Kings really want to lean on Erik Ersberg if Quick falters?
Jeff Carter could return tonight
NHL.com reports that the sniping center could be back for the Flyers in their big game against the New York Rangers tonight. The high-scoring forward is recovering from a broken foot, although the report indicates that he “looked good” and didn’t walk with much of a limp in the locker room.
Alex Kovalev needs MRI
The often-frustrating but sublimely gifted forward injured his knee in last night’s game against the Tampa Bay Lightning. He’s expected to get a MRI today and the Ottawa Senators said that they expect to know more on Saturday, reports Sportsnet.ca.
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 13
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 9
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 41
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 52
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 19
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 31
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center 45
- Eric Staal has surgery to repair ‘core muscle injury’ 6
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 16
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (53)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (41)
- Richards: If not for the cap, half the league would want to play for Hawks (36)