Apr 9, 2010, 4:15 PM EDT
Here’s a quick roundup of news regarding injuries and goalies around the NHL.
Quick too young for so many starts?
Helene Elliott of the Los Angeles Times writes that perhaps Jonathan Quick’s lack of experience/youth might explain why he’s beginning to fall apart amid a heavy workload. On some level, it seems strange to ask that since one would assume that younger legs would allow for more mileage, but when you consider that a big part of playing well in net is between the ears … the question starts to make more sense.
So why not bring both Jonathans to the playoffs, then? Would the Kings really want to lean on Erik Ersberg if Quick falters?
Jeff Carter could return tonight
NHL.com reports that the sniping center could be back for the Flyers in their big game against the New York Rangers tonight. The high-scoring forward is recovering from a broken foot, although the report indicates that he “looked good” and didn’t walk with much of a limp in the locker room.
Alex Kovalev needs MRI
The often-frustrating but sublimely gifted forward injured his knee in last night’s game against the Tampa Bay Lightning. He’s expected to get a MRI today and the Ottawa Senators said that they expect to know more on Saturday, reports Sportsnet.ca.
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 3
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 26
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 42
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)