Apr 9, 2010, 4:15 PM EDT
Here’s a quick roundup of news regarding injuries and goalies around the NHL.
Quick too young for so many starts?
Helene Elliott of the Los Angeles Times writes that perhaps Jonathan Quick’s lack of experience/youth might explain why he’s beginning to fall apart amid a heavy workload. On some level, it seems strange to ask that since one would assume that younger legs would allow for more mileage, but when you consider that a big part of playing well in net is between the ears … the question starts to make more sense.
So why not bring both Jonathans to the playoffs, then? Would the Kings really want to lean on Erik Ersberg if Quick falters?
Jeff Carter could return tonight
NHL.com reports that the sniping center could be back for the Flyers in their big game against the New York Rangers tonight. The high-scoring forward is recovering from a broken foot, although the report indicates that he “looked good” and didn’t walk with much of a limp in the locker room.
Alex Kovalev needs MRI
The often-frustrating but sublimely gifted forward injured his knee in last night’s game against the Tampa Bay Lightning. He’s expected to get a MRI today and the Ottawa Senators said that they expect to know more on Saturday, reports Sportsnet.ca.
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 6
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 52
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 54
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 161
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 7
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 16
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 6
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 25
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 30
- Watch Live: Bolts, Blues look to even up their respective series 0
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (161)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)