Apr 9, 2010, 10:33 PM EST
A potentially tough break for the playoff-bound Avalanche as their potential Calder Trophy candidate Matt Duchene has left the game in the first period against Chicago this evening with a torso injury and will not return to the game.
Duchene leads all rookies in scoring this season with 24 goals and 55 points and is being counted on heavily to help the Avalanche as they make their return to the playoffs this season. The Avs are destined for a first round match-up in the playoffs with either the San Jose Sharks or the Chicago Blackhawks. The drama level of a potential series with the Blackhawks just got ramped up a little bit.
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 4
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 2
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 17
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 33
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 15
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 15
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 2
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 11
- Video: Tempers boil over between Capitals, Penguins 46