Apr 9, 2010, 10:33 PM EDT
A potentially tough break for the playoff-bound Avalanche as their potential Calder Trophy candidate Matt Duchene has left the game in the first period against Chicago this evening with a torso injury and will not return to the game.
Duchene leads all rookies in scoring this season with 24 goals and 55 points and is being counted on heavily to help the Avalanche as they make their return to the playoffs this season. The Avs are destined for a first round match-up in the playoffs with either the San Jose Sharks or the Chicago Blackhawks. The drama level of a potential series with the Blackhawks just got ramped up a little bit.
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 24
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 14
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 46
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 51
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother (Updated) 31
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 29
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 54
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 10