Apr 9, 2010, 10:33 PM EDT
A potentially tough break for the playoff-bound Avalanche as their potential Calder Trophy candidate Matt Duchene has left the game in the first period against Chicago this evening with a torso injury and will not return to the game.
Duchene leads all rookies in scoring this season with 24 goals and 55 points and is being counted on heavily to help the Avalanche as they make their return to the playoffs this season. The Avs are destined for a first round match-up in the playoffs with either the San Jose Sharks or the Chicago Blackhawks. The drama level of a potential series with the Blackhawks just got ramped up a little bit.
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 0
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 7
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 18
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 6
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 114
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 55
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 7
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 14
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 42
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 20