Apr 9, 2010, 8:45 PM EDT
As a means to update our post from earlier this evening, the City of Glendale have sent out an official release stating that not only was Ice Edge Holdings putting in a bid for the team but another group called Glendale Hockey has also thrown their hat in the ring for the Phoenix Coyotes.
Glendale Hockey is headed up by current Chicago White Sox and Chicago Bulls owner Jerry Reinsdorf along with other locally based investors. Obviously a group being lead by a man with his hands in two other professional leagues presents the NHL with a very attractive alternative should Ice Edge not be able to get their own house in order. This, like everything else in this ongoing saga, is far from over.
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers won’t fool with Penguins on Rivalry Night 0
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 40
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 29
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 9
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 15
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 47
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 22
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8