Apr 9, 2010, 8:45 PM EST
As a means to update our post from earlier this evening, the City of Glendale have sent out an official release stating that not only was Ice Edge Holdings putting in a bid for the team but another group called Glendale Hockey has also thrown their hat in the ring for the Phoenix Coyotes.
Glendale Hockey is headed up by current Chicago White Sox and Chicago Bulls owner Jerry Reinsdorf along with other locally based investors. Obviously a group being lead by a man with his hands in two other professional leagues presents the NHL with a very attractive alternative should Ice Edge not be able to get their own house in order. This, like everything else in this ongoing saga, is far from over.
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 39
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 18
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 9
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 5
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 28