Apr 8, 2010, 1:00 PM EDT
Mark Recchi is eternal. Mark Recchi wants to enter Chris Chelios Territory.
Seriously, the guy just won’t retire. He defiantly takes off his helmet to reveal his time dishonored hairline. He remains a respectably productive point producer as his drop from 61 points last season to 42 this year probably has as much to do with the Boston Bruins’ fall than it does with Father Time checking his watch. Among a team of younger men, he’s one of the few who managed to play every game.
The Boston Herald reports that the 42-year old winger want to come back for the 2010-11 season.
If you think Mark Recchi is playing out his swan song, you are wrong.
The 42-year-old future Hall of Famer, who has 17 goals and 25 assists and is one of only three Bruins [team stats] to play every game this season, feels like he has gas left in the tank.
“I still feel great and it’s the end of the season, so I’m definitely leaning toward (playing again),” Recchi said yesterday. “We’ll see at the end of the year, but I’m still enjoying it.”
Well, good for you Mr. Recching Ball. The elderly skatesman is just 16 points shy of 1500 career points and will probably make the Hall of Fame even though he’s rarely (if ever) been a truly elite player. That’s fine, though, because Recchi seems like an exceedingly good guy.
- Subban: Contract in arbitrator’s hands now 14
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 22
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 64
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 9
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 32
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 47
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (64)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Poll: Is Drew Doughty the best defenseman in the world? (54)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (47)