Apr 8, 2010, 1:00 PM EDT
Mark Recchi is eternal. Mark Recchi wants to enter Chris Chelios Territory.
Seriously, the guy just won’t retire. He defiantly takes off his helmet to reveal his time dishonored hairline. He remains a respectably productive point producer as his drop from 61 points last season to 42 this year probably has as much to do with the Boston Bruins’ fall than it does with Father Time checking his watch. Among a team of younger men, he’s one of the few who managed to play every game.
The Boston Herald reports that the 42-year old winger want to come back for the 2010-11 season.
If you think Mark Recchi is playing out his swan song, you are wrong.
The 42-year-old future Hall of Famer, who has 17 goals and 25 assists and is one of only three Bruins [team stats] to play every game this season, feels like he has gas left in the tank.
“I still feel great and it’s the end of the season, so I’m definitely leaning toward (playing again),” Recchi said yesterday. “We’ll see at the end of the year, but I’m still enjoying it.”
Well, good for you Mr. Recching Ball. The elderly skatesman is just 16 points shy of 1500 career points and will probably make the Hall of Fame even though he’s rarely (if ever) been a truly elite player. That’s fine, though, because Recchi seems like an exceedingly good guy.
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 65
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5
- Wild assistant Sydor arrested for suspected drunk driving, child endangerment 30
- It’s Montreal Canadiens day at PHT 14
- Capitals’ biggest question: Is this finally the year? 32
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (65)
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process (50)
- Editorial rips Flames’ request for ‘ludicrous amount of taxpayer support’ to build arena (45)
- Capitals’ biggest question: Is this finally the year? (32)
- It’s Philadelphia Flyers Day at PHT (31)