Apr 8, 2010, 1:00 PM EDT
Mark Recchi is eternal. Mark Recchi wants to enter Chris Chelios Territory.
Seriously, the guy just won’t retire. He defiantly takes off his helmet to reveal his time dishonored hairline. He remains a respectably productive point producer as his drop from 61 points last season to 42 this year probably has as much to do with the Boston Bruins’ fall than it does with Father Time checking his watch. Among a team of younger men, he’s one of the few who managed to play every game.
The Boston Herald reports that the 42-year old winger want to come back for the 2010-11 season.
If you think Mark Recchi is playing out his swan song, you are wrong.
The 42-year-old future Hall of Famer, who has 17 goals and 25 assists and is one of only three Bruins [team stats] to play every game this season, feels like he has gas left in the tank.
“I still feel great and it’s the end of the season, so I’m definitely leaning toward (playing again),” Recchi said yesterday. “We’ll see at the end of the year, but I’m still enjoying it.”
Well, good for you Mr. Recching Ball. The elderly skatesman is just 16 points shy of 1500 career points and will probably make the Hall of Fame even though he’s rarely (if ever) been a truly elite player. That’s fine, though, because Recchi seems like an exceedingly good guy.
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 1
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 13
- Here’s the latest on coaching searches in Buffalo, San Jose and New Jersey 1
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 8
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 19
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 15
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 70
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 66
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)