Apr 8, 2010, 12:30 PM EDT
The Jamie Langenbrunner speculation can finally come to an end.
He wasn’t abducted by aliens. There is no secret pregnant girlfriend. Elvis did not leave or enter the building. Instead, Langenbrunner was oddly silent for the simplest reason: he was angry that Jacques Lemaire decided to sit him out for Saturday’s game against the Carolina Hurricanes. The New York Post has the story.
After five days of stewing, silence and speculation, Devils captain Jamie Langenbrunner yesterday revealed that his discontent was, as believed, the result of being “rested” by Jacques Lemaire Saturday, depriving him of the chance to play every game this season.
He also wondered, if the reason was to obtain rest, why he had to accompany the team to Carolina just to witness New Jersey’s 4-0 triumph Saturday.
Langenbrunner is not alone among the Devils in wishing Lemaire was more communicative with his players. Knowing where a player stands with the coach is a question that has been raised to The Post.
You know, for a team that prides itself in stability and discipline, they sure do have a lot of weird little tiffs involving coaches. Lou Lamoriello has been known to fire coaches abruptly, sometimes when the team looks primed to make the playoffs. Maybe that’s why there was so much speculation surrounding Langenbrunner’s silence.
Then again, people were probably just bored.
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 4
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 32
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 40
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 157
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 7
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 16
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 5
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 24
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 29
- Watch Live: Bolts, Blues look to even up their respective series 0
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (160)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)