Apr 8, 2010, 12:30 PM EDT
The Jamie Langenbrunner speculation can finally come to an end.
He wasn’t abducted by aliens. There is no secret pregnant girlfriend. Elvis did not leave or enter the building. Instead, Langenbrunner was oddly silent for the simplest reason: he was angry that Jacques Lemaire decided to sit him out for Saturday’s game against the Carolina Hurricanes. The New York Post has the story.
After five days of stewing, silence and speculation, Devils captain Jamie Langenbrunner yesterday revealed that his discontent was, as believed, the result of being “rested” by Jacques Lemaire Saturday, depriving him of the chance to play every game this season.
He also wondered, if the reason was to obtain rest, why he had to accompany the team to Carolina just to witness New Jersey’s 4-0 triumph Saturday.
Langenbrunner is not alone among the Devils in wishing Lemaire was more communicative with his players. Knowing where a player stands with the coach is a question that has been raised to The Post.
You know, for a team that prides itself in stability and discipline, they sure do have a lot of weird little tiffs involving coaches. Lou Lamoriello has been known to fire coaches abruptly, sometimes when the team looks primed to make the playoffs. Maybe that’s why there was so much speculation surrounding Langenbrunner’s silence.
Then again, people were probably just bored.
- Stars win one night after Peverley collapse, give Miller first Blues loss 3
- Crosby, Pens continue recent dominance of Ovechkin, Caps 19
- Terry Trafford’s body found in Michigan on Tuesday 8
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 17
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 57
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 11
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 27
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 19
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (69)
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter (60)