Apr 8, 2010, 12:30 PM EST
The Jamie Langenbrunner speculation can finally come to an end.
He wasn’t abducted by aliens. There is no secret pregnant girlfriend. Elvis did not leave or enter the building. Instead, Langenbrunner was oddly silent for the simplest reason: he was angry that Jacques Lemaire decided to sit him out for Saturday’s game against the Carolina Hurricanes. The New York Post has the story.
After five days of stewing, silence and speculation, Devils captain Jamie Langenbrunner yesterday revealed that his discontent was, as believed, the result of being “rested” by Jacques Lemaire Saturday, depriving him of the chance to play every game this season.
He also wondered, if the reason was to obtain rest, why he had to accompany the team to Carolina just to witness New Jersey’s 4-0 triumph Saturday.
Langenbrunner is not alone among the Devils in wishing Lemaire was more communicative with his players. Knowing where a player stands with the coach is a question that has been raised to The Post.
You know, for a team that prides itself in stability and discipline, they sure do have a lot of weird little tiffs involving coaches. Lou Lamoriello has been known to fire coaches abruptly, sometimes when the team looks primed to make the playoffs. Maybe that’s why there was so much speculation surrounding Langenbrunner’s silence.
Then again, people were probably just bored.
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 0
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 23
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 8
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 17
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 6
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 6
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 20
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 18
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 1
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)