Apr 8, 2010, 12:30 PM EDT
The Jamie Langenbrunner speculation can finally come to an end.
He wasn’t abducted by aliens. There is no secret pregnant girlfriend. Elvis did not leave or enter the building. Instead, Langenbrunner was oddly silent for the simplest reason: he was angry that Jacques Lemaire decided to sit him out for Saturday’s game against the Carolina Hurricanes. The New York Post has the story.
After five days of stewing, silence and speculation, Devils captain Jamie Langenbrunner yesterday revealed that his discontent was, as believed, the result of being “rested” by Jacques Lemaire Saturday, depriving him of the chance to play every game this season.
He also wondered, if the reason was to obtain rest, why he had to accompany the team to Carolina just to witness New Jersey’s 4-0 triumph Saturday.
Langenbrunner is not alone among the Devils in wishing Lemaire was more communicative with his players. Knowing where a player stands with the coach is a question that has been raised to The Post.
You know, for a team that prides itself in stability and discipline, they sure do have a lot of weird little tiffs involving coaches. Lou Lamoriello has been known to fire coaches abruptly, sometimes when the team looks primed to make the playoffs. Maybe that’s why there was so much speculation surrounding Langenbrunner’s silence.
Then again, people were probably just bored.
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 3
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 23
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 9
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 8
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 28
- Leafs deny rift between Kessel and coaching staff 20
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 12
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (62)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)