Apr 8, 2010, 12:30 PM EST
The Jamie Langenbrunner speculation can finally come to an end.
He wasn’t abducted by aliens. There is no secret pregnant girlfriend. Elvis did not leave or enter the building. Instead, Langenbrunner was oddly silent for the simplest reason: he was angry that Jacques Lemaire decided to sit him out for Saturday’s game against the Carolina Hurricanes. The New York Post has the story.
After five days of stewing, silence and speculation, Devils captain Jamie Langenbrunner yesterday revealed that his discontent was, as believed, the result of being “rested” by Jacques Lemaire Saturday, depriving him of the chance to play every game this season.
He also wondered, if the reason was to obtain rest, why he had to accompany the team to Carolina just to witness New Jersey’s 4-0 triumph Saturday.
Langenbrunner is not alone among the Devils in wishing Lemaire was more communicative with his players. Knowing where a player stands with the coach is a question that has been raised to The Post.
You know, for a team that prides itself in stability and discipline, they sure do have a lot of weird little tiffs involving coaches. Lou Lamoriello has been known to fire coaches abruptly, sometimes when the team looks primed to make the playoffs. Maybe that’s why there was so much speculation surrounding Langenbrunner’s silence.
Then again, people were probably just bored.
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 1
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 7
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 19
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 44
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 38
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 29
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 47
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)