Apr 8, 2010, 7:30 AM EDT
The Nashville Predators and Phoenix Coyotes faced off last night in
what could be a first round primer. The Predators weren’t just playing
to test their merit against a potential playoff opponent, they were
trying to hold off those teams behind them. A win was needed, especially
if Detroit won (which they did) and after last night’s 5-2 loss to the
Coyotes, the Preds have fallen down to 6th in the conference.
the least of the worries, it looks like. Leading scorer Patric
Hornqvist was injured in the second period when he was struck by a Shea
Weber shot. If you are unsure on how hard Weber can shoot, please go no
evaluated by our doctors,” Predators Coach Barry Trotz said.
“I don’t know if he had X-rays or not. I’m not going to answer that and I
don’t need to answer that.”
Ok then. Obviously,
we’ll try and stay updated on the severity of this injury as he is
If you are looking for someone to blame, look no
further than Dirk Hoag of On The Forecheck. How such a
great blogger be to blame, you ask? Well, he thought it would be just
hilarious to write up an April
fools post last week, stating that Steve Sullivan had been
‘seriously injured’ when struck by a Shea Weber shot.
that’s really funny now.
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 16
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 46
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 16
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 44
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 9
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 12
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 21
- P.K. Subban: ‘I’m not trying to change the game of hockey’ 24
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker 39