Apr 8, 2010, 7:30 AM EDT
The Nashville Predators and Phoenix Coyotes faced off last night in
what could be a first round primer. The Predators weren’t just playing
to test their merit against a potential playoff opponent, they were
trying to hold off those teams behind them. A win was needed, especially
if Detroit won (which they did) and after last night’s 5-2 loss to the
Coyotes, the Preds have fallen down to 6th in the conference.
the least of the worries, it looks like. Leading scorer Patric
Hornqvist was injured in the second period when he was struck by a Shea
Weber shot. If you are unsure on how hard Weber can shoot, please go no
evaluated by our doctors,” Predators Coach Barry Trotz said.
“I don’t know if he had X-rays or not. I’m not going to answer that and I
don’t need to answer that.”
Ok then. Obviously,
we’ll try and stay updated on the severity of this injury as he is
If you are looking for someone to blame, look no
further than Dirk Hoag of On The Forecheck. How such a
great blogger be to blame, you ask? Well, he thought it would be just
hilarious to write up an April
fools post last week, stating that Steve Sullivan had been
‘seriously injured’ when struck by a Shea Weber shot.
that’s really funny now.
- Report: Hextall ‘in the mix’ for Vancouver GM job 12
- Fuel, meet fire: Torres to return for Sharks-Kings Game 1 8
- FYI: Hartnell and Voracek have black beards now 31
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh 110
- Oshie and Berglund out, Tarasenko in for Blues tonight vs. ‘Hawks 9
- Ducks hold off spirited Stars comeback, take 1-0 series lead 11
- Weise gives Canadiens 1-0 series lead with overtime win 7
- Penguins outlast Blue Jackets, take Game 1 63
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 79
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 37