Apr 8, 2010, 7:30 AM EDT
The Nashville Predators and Phoenix Coyotes faced off last night in
what could be a first round primer. The Predators weren’t just playing
to test their merit against a potential playoff opponent, they were
trying to hold off those teams behind them. A win was needed, especially
if Detroit won (which they did) and after last night’s 5-2 loss to the
Coyotes, the Preds have fallen down to 6th in the conference.
the least of the worries, it looks like. Leading scorer Patric
Hornqvist was injured in the second period when he was struck by a Shea
Weber shot. If you are unsure on how hard Weber can shoot, please go no
evaluated by our doctors,” Predators Coach Barry Trotz said.
“I don’t know if he had X-rays or not. I’m not going to answer that and I
don’t need to answer that.”
Ok then. Obviously,
we’ll try and stay updated on the severity of this injury as he is
If you are looking for someone to blame, look no
further than Dirk Hoag of On The Forecheck. How such a
great blogger be to blame, you ask? Well, he thought it would be just
hilarious to write up an April
fools post last week, stating that Steve Sullivan had been
‘seriously injured’ when struck by a Shea Weber shot.
that’s really funny now.
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 24
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 5
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 40
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 34
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 13
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21