Apr 8, 2010, 10:03 PM EDT
The pressure is now squarely on the Philadelphia Flyers, thanks to Boston’s big 3-1 win over the Buffalo Sabres tonight. With the win, the Sabres leapfrog the Flyers into 7th in the East, with both having just two games remaining.
By my count, one more win and the Bruins clinch a playoff spot. For the Flyers, they face the New York Rangers in the final two games of the season and winning just one will ensure them a playoff spot as well.
It’s not as if the Bruins were facing a team that was just mailing it in either; the Sabres are attempting to pass the Devils into second place in the East.
If only the Bruins had turned to Tuukka Rask earlier in the season.
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 30
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 114
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 81
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (114)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (81)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (40)