Apr 8, 2010, 10:03 PM EDT
The pressure is now squarely on the Philadelphia Flyers, thanks to Boston’s big 3-1 win over the Buffalo Sabres tonight. With the win, the Sabres leapfrog the Flyers into 7th in the East, with both having just two games remaining.
By my count, one more win and the Bruins clinch a playoff spot. For the Flyers, they face the New York Rangers in the final two games of the season and winning just one will ensure them a playoff spot as well.
It’s not as if the Bruins were facing a team that was just mailing it in either; the Sabres are attempting to pass the Devils into second place in the East.
If only the Bruins had turned to Tuukka Rask earlier in the season.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 50
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 42
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)