Apr 8, 2010, 10:03 PM EDT
The pressure is now squarely on the Philadelphia Flyers, thanks to Boston’s big 3-1 win over the Buffalo Sabres tonight. With the win, the Sabres leapfrog the Flyers into 7th in the East, with both having just two games remaining.
By my count, one more win and the Bruins clinch a playoff spot. For the Flyers, they face the New York Rangers in the final two games of the season and winning just one will ensure them a playoff spot as well.
It’s not as if the Bruins were facing a team that was just mailing it in either; the Sabres are attempting to pass the Devils into second place in the East.
If only the Bruins had turned to Tuukka Rask earlier in the season.
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 3
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 23
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 9
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 8
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 28
- Leafs deny rift between Kessel and coaching staff 20
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 12
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (62)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)