Apr 8, 2010, 10:03 PM EST
The pressure is now squarely on the Philadelphia Flyers, thanks to Boston’s big 3-1 win over the Buffalo Sabres tonight. With the win, the Sabres leapfrog the Flyers into 7th in the East, with both having just two games remaining.
By my count, one more win and the Bruins clinch a playoff spot. For the Flyers, they face the New York Rangers in the final two games of the season and winning just one will ensure them a playoff spot as well.
It’s not as if the Bruins were facing a team that was just mailing it in either; the Sabres are attempting to pass the Devils into second place in the East.
If only the Bruins had turned to Tuukka Rask earlier in the season.
- Report: Laviolette a candidate to replace Capuano 10
- Sharks say Fleury was ‘shaky’ and ‘fighting it’ in 44-save victory 36
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 54
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 87
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 9
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 59
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 3
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 28
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (87)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (59)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) (54)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)