Apr 8, 2010, 10:03 PM EDT
The pressure is now squarely on the Philadelphia Flyers, thanks to Boston’s big 3-1 win over the Buffalo Sabres tonight. With the win, the Sabres leapfrog the Flyers into 7th in the East, with both having just two games remaining.
By my count, one more win and the Bruins clinch a playoff spot. For the Flyers, they face the New York Rangers in the final two games of the season and winning just one will ensure them a playoff spot as well.
It’s not as if the Bruins were facing a team that was just mailing it in either; the Sabres are attempting to pass the Devils into second place in the East.
If only the Bruins had turned to Tuukka Rask earlier in the season.
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 0
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 18
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 7
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 55
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 5
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 4
- Report: Sens’ Murray to retire after next season 0
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 48
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 11
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)