Apr 7, 2010, 1:45 AM EDT
We put a lot of content on this blog each day, and we understand it can be a bit tough to keep track of everything. So at the end of the day we’ll put up a nightly recap of all of that day’s news. Presenting the Pro Hockey Talk Nightcap:
Breaking down the Eastern bubble race: Dirty, soapy bubbles that smell funny.
Will Pens, Devils, or Sabres gain East #2 seed?: Teams licking their chops for whoever is #7.
New Phoenix Coyotes lease not official yet: Because you haven’t heard enough about this yet.
Save of the night: Jose Theodore: From Monday night.
Martin Brodeur aims for 600th win vs. Atlanta: Spoilers listed below.
Are the Canucks in trouble without Ehrhoff?: Bet you thought you’d never read that line before.
Ilya Kovalchuk trade impact on Devils, Thrashers: Ewing Theory at work here or not?
Penguins, Capitals still have plenty to play for: Bet you didn’t know these teams are popular.
Quick hits: Langenbrunner is a sad panda: He wishes his lawn was emo so it could cut itself.
How the Kings prepare for the playoffs: Orange slices and hugs are not on the list.
Vote for Bertuzzday V: Panthers not named Keith Ballard could win this.
Martin Brodeur wins #600: Remember that spoilers warning? BOOM!
Thrashers eliminated from playoff contention: Rapper Lil’ John has another reason to get crunk now.
Save of the night: Ryan Miller: Tuesday’s ridiculous save.
Keith Ballard’s own goal: He’s already the leading candidate for Bertuzzdays VI
Race for the Richard Trophy: It’s not just about Sid and Alex you know.
Playoff update: West is booked, East thins out: The East is still a gigantic mess
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 7
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 37
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 14
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)