Apr 7, 2010, 4:50 PM EDT
Here are a few quick injury updates and other news bits from around the league.
Vanek in, Connolly out
In a case of good news/bad news, the Buffalo Sabres found out that winger Thomas Vanek is set to return soon after missing 5 games while Tim Connolly is expected to sit out the rest of the regular season with a “lower body injury” according to TSN. It’s already started a bit, but get ready for the golden age of vague, one-half-of-the-body injury reports. Ah, the playoffs.
Cristobal Huet trying to stay positive
Considering the fact that the Chicago Blackhawks announced that Antti Niemi will be their starter for the playoffs instead of $5.6 million man Cristobal Huet, it’s understandable that Huet is struggling to keep a good attitude. The Chicago Tribune has the story.
“I can only blame myself for not being on top of my game the last two or three games,” said Huet, who is 26-14-4 with a 2.50 goals-against average this season. “Right now I’m just trying to stay sharp and mentally positive, to be ready in case the team needs me.
“The important thing is we are in the right place and where we want to be as a team. I try not to make waves.”
Chris Kunitz might sit out rest of regular season
The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reports that the team might keep Kunitz out for the rest of the regular season. I’d generally say that as long as a team has a playoff spot clinched, they should err on the side of safety.
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 4
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 32
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 40
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 157
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 7
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 16
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 5
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 24
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 29
- Watch Live: Bolts, Blues look to even up their respective series 0
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (160)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)