Apr 6, 2010, 1:40 PM EST
Martin Brodeur will be going for his 600th career win tonight against the Atlanta Thrashers. Obviously, since he broke Patrick Roy’s all-time wins record last season, Brodeur would be the first NHL goalie ever to reach that mark.
NHL.com ran a nice timeline of when some of his wins came.
Career win Score Date
100th career win 4-2 vs. Boston Jan. 14, 1997
200th career win 2-1 at Buffalo April 14, 1999
300th career win 2-0 at Ottawa Dec. 15, 2001
400th career win 4-3 (OT) at Florida March 23, 04
500th career win 6-2 at Philadelphia Nov. 17 07
It’s been a parade of milestones for the Devils goalie the last few years. Along with leading the league this year in wins with 42, he’s really put together a lot of records.
He’s already the NHL’s career record holder in games played (1,072), shutouts (109), minutes played (63,281) and most 40-win seasons (eight).
Surely the Thrashers aren’t thrilled that New Jersey has yet another reason to spoil their playoff dreams.
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 27
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 8
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 18
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 6
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 6
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 20
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 18
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 1
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch (45)