Apr 6, 2010, 1:40 PM EDT
Martin Brodeur will be going for his 600th career win tonight against the Atlanta Thrashers. Obviously, since he broke Patrick Roy’s all-time wins record last season, Brodeur would be the first NHL goalie ever to reach that mark.
NHL.com ran a nice timeline of when some of his wins came.
Career win Score Date
100th career win 4-2 vs. Boston Jan. 14, 1997
200th career win 2-1 at Buffalo April 14, 1999
300th career win 2-0 at Ottawa Dec. 15, 2001
400th career win 4-3 (OT) at Florida March 23, 04
500th career win 6-2 at Philadelphia Nov. 17 07
It’s been a parade of milestones for the Devils goalie the last few years. Along with leading the league this year in wins with 42, he’s really put together a lot of records.
He’s already the NHL’s career record holder in games played (1,072), shutouts (109), minutes played (63,281) and most 40-win seasons (eight).
Surely the Thrashers aren’t thrilled that New Jersey has yet another reason to spoil their playoff dreams.
- Blues lose Backes, Oshie indefinitely to concussions 0
- Red Wings take over third period, blank Ovechkin in win 7
- Video: Doc Emrick’s heartfelt words about Gordie Howe 4
- Rangers’ Moore suspended five games for ‘extremely difficult’ Haula hit 18
- Ovechkin looking to avoid career-long scoring slump tonight 11
- Nolan skates Sabres, says the time for ‘taking it easy is over’ 37
- Report: Gryba, Tropp avoid punishment after getting tossed for hits 6
- What they’re saying about the Sabres (and it’s not good) 22
- NHL on NBCSN: Caps, Red Wings battle after hotly contested 13-14 series 5
- Miller wins 300th, Canes finish Oct. without single victory 7
- Video: John Moore with an elbow to the head of Erik Haula (Updated) (61)
- Report: Varlamov being sued by ex-girlfriend (47)
- Kreider calls Brodin hit a ‘bang-bang play,’ doesn’t plan to dramatically change his game (45)
- No hearing scheduled for Kreider after Brodin hit (44)
- Kopitar out, Lombardi irate as Kings will play shorthanded vs. Flyers (40)