Apr 6, 2010, 1:40 PM EDT
Martin Brodeur will be going for his 600th career win tonight against the Atlanta Thrashers. Obviously, since he broke Patrick Roy’s all-time wins record last season, Brodeur would be the first NHL goalie ever to reach that mark.
NHL.com ran a nice timeline of when some of his wins came.
Career win Score Date
100th career win 4-2 vs. Boston Jan. 14, 1997
200th career win 2-1 at Buffalo April 14, 1999
300th career win 2-0 at Ottawa Dec. 15, 2001
400th career win 4-3 (OT) at Florida March 23, 04
500th career win 6-2 at Philadelphia Nov. 17 07
It’s been a parade of milestones for the Devils goalie the last few years. Along with leading the league this year in wins with 42, he’s really put together a lot of records.
He’s already the NHL’s career record holder in games played (1,072), shutouts (109), minutes played (63,281) and most 40-win seasons (eight).
Surely the Thrashers aren’t thrilled that New Jersey has yet another reason to spoil their playoff dreams.
- Video: Crosby scores goal No. 300 for his NHL career 2
- (Video) McKenzie: ‘Best guess is anywhere from 3-5 games’ for Byfuglien suspension 8
- Byfuglien to have phone hearing for Miller cross-check 44
- Patrick Kane is practicing today 30
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers won’t fool with Penguins on Rivalry Night 35
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 66
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 35
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 11
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 18
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller (66)
- Minnesota leapfrogs Chicago in the Central Division (65)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Sabres GM Tim Murray: ‘I think too much about’ McDavid (55)
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack (49)