Apr 6, 2010, 1:40 PM EST
Martin Brodeur will be going for his 600th career win tonight against the Atlanta Thrashers. Obviously, since he broke Patrick Roy’s all-time wins record last season, Brodeur would be the first NHL goalie ever to reach that mark.
NHL.com ran a nice timeline of when some of his wins came.
Career win Score Date
100th career win 4-2 vs. Boston Jan. 14, 1997
200th career win 2-1 at Buffalo April 14, 1999
300th career win 2-0 at Ottawa Dec. 15, 2001
400th career win 4-3 (OT) at Florida March 23, 04
500th career win 6-2 at Philadelphia Nov. 17 07
It’s been a parade of milestones for the Devils goalie the last few years. Along with leading the league this year in wins with 42, he’s really put together a lot of records.
He’s already the NHL’s career record holder in games played (1,072), shutouts (109), minutes played (63,281) and most 40-win seasons (eight).
Surely the Thrashers aren’t thrilled that New Jersey has yet another reason to spoil their playoff dreams.
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 22
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 29
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Fowler after Ducks’ win vs. Sharks: ‘We never give up’ 1
- Daly: Fehr’s lockout prediction ‘naive and uneducated’ 23
- Pens send Downie, Sutter, Greiss home for mumps test (Updated) 13
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (65)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Who are the Bruins targeting in trade talks? (47)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (42)