Apr 6, 2010, 1:40 PM EDT
Martin Brodeur will be going for his 600th career win tonight against the Atlanta Thrashers. Obviously, since he broke Patrick Roy’s all-time wins record last season, Brodeur would be the first NHL goalie ever to reach that mark.
NHL.com ran a nice timeline of when some of his wins came.
Career win Score Date
100th career win 4-2 vs. Boston Jan. 14, 1997
200th career win 2-1 at Buffalo April 14, 1999
300th career win 2-0 at Ottawa Dec. 15, 2001
400th career win 4-3 (OT) at Florida March 23, 04
500th career win 6-2 at Philadelphia Nov. 17 07
It’s been a parade of milestones for the Devils goalie the last few years. Along with leading the league this year in wins with 42, he’s really put together a lot of records.
He’s already the NHL’s career record holder in games played (1,072), shutouts (109), minutes played (63,281) and most 40-win seasons (eight).
Surely the Thrashers aren’t thrilled that New Jersey has yet another reason to spoil their playoff dreams.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 0
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 51
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 24
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 11
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (54)