Apr 6, 2010, 5:41 PM EST
With Monday behind us, you know that means only one thing … it’s Bertuzzday! OK, it actually means plenty of other things too, but Bertuzzday celebrations are the most important. Right?
Anyway, before we get to the exciting nominees, let’s take a look at who ended up winning Bertuzzday IV. Unlike part III, this race wasn’t particularly close (although one must wonder if Carcillo and the alarm clock trio Perot’d each other). Take a look at Jim “The Hulk” Playfair’s stick-breaking victory.
Click image to enlarge
It’s certainly a relief that the Kings didn’t win this week, even if they did temporarily deserve a little ribbing for assuming that they were in the playoffs before clinching a berth. Either way, I’m confident in saying that Playfair’s stunt will last the test of time while the others – even Patrick Eaves’ humorous shootout blunder – will fade into the ether. Check out the other Bertuzzday winners at your leisure. (Oh, and stay tuned because Joe Yerdon will handle Bertuzzday V nominee duties. My baby’s growing up!)
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 4
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 2
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 15
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 33
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 15
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 15
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 2
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 11
- Video: Tempers boil over between Capitals, Penguins 46