Apr 6, 2010, 5:41 PM EDT
With Monday behind us, you know that means only one thing … it’s Bertuzzday! OK, it actually means plenty of other things too, but Bertuzzday celebrations are the most important. Right?
Anyway, before we get to the exciting nominees, let’s take a look at who ended up winning Bertuzzday IV. Unlike part III, this race wasn’t particularly close (although one must wonder if Carcillo and the alarm clock trio Perot’d each other). Take a look at Jim “The Hulk” Playfair’s stick-breaking victory.
Click image to enlarge
It’s certainly a relief that the Kings didn’t win this week, even if they did temporarily deserve a little ribbing for assuming that they were in the playoffs before clinching a berth. Either way, I’m confident in saying that Playfair’s stunt will last the test of time while the others – even Patrick Eaves’ humorous shootout blunder – will fade into the ether. Check out the other Bertuzzday winners at your leisure. (Oh, and stay tuned because Joe Yerdon will handle Bertuzzday V nominee duties. My baby’s growing up!)
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5