Apr 6, 2010, 5:41 PM EDT
With Monday behind us, you know that means only one thing … it’s Bertuzzday! OK, it actually means plenty of other things too, but Bertuzzday celebrations are the most important. Right?
Anyway, before we get to the exciting nominees, let’s take a look at who ended up winning Bertuzzday IV. Unlike part III, this race wasn’t particularly close (although one must wonder if Carcillo and the alarm clock trio Perot’d each other). Take a look at Jim “The Hulk” Playfair’s stick-breaking victory.
Click image to enlarge
It’s certainly a relief that the Kings didn’t win this week, even if they did temporarily deserve a little ribbing for assuming that they were in the playoffs before clinching a berth. Either way, I’m confident in saying that Playfair’s stunt will last the test of time while the others – even Patrick Eaves’ humorous shootout blunder – will fade into the ether. Check out the other Bertuzzday winners at your leisure. (Oh, and stay tuned because Joe Yerdon will handle Bertuzzday V nominee duties. My baby’s growing up!)
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 13
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 39
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 27
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 14
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 31
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6