Apr 6, 2010, 10:30 AM EDT
Since the other two games were more or less glorified exhibitions, this morning’s video fun will focus mainly on the Washington-Boston contest. It’s a good thing that there’s some interesting video to show you.
First things first, let’s take a look at a moment that could have been controversial. This debated goal by Nicklas Backstrom was reviewed over and over again on TV and in Toronto for a good reason: it’s really a close call. It’s important to note that for a goal to count, the entire puck must cross the red line. You be the judge: does it make its way over or is there just a bit more to go before it’s actually a goal?
Personally, I think that it wasn’t a goal, but it’s so hard to say that I can understand why they went with the on-ice decision. I will say this, though: NHL defensemen have an almost eerie knack for stopping goals at the last minute. I’ll never forget Willie Mitchell saving an apparent goal during a Dallas Stars-Vancouver Canucks series years ago. Is there some secret last second goal stopping training school these guys go to or something?
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 11
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 36
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 17
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 29
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 10
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 18
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 34
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 58
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (106)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)