Apr 6, 2010, 10:30 AM EDT
Since the other two games were more or less glorified exhibitions, this morning’s video fun will focus mainly on the Washington-Boston contest. It’s a good thing that there’s some interesting video to show you.
First things first, let’s take a look at a moment that could have been controversial. This debated goal by Nicklas Backstrom was reviewed over and over again on TV and in Toronto for a good reason: it’s really a close call. It’s important to note that for a goal to count, the entire puck must cross the red line. You be the judge: does it make its way over or is there just a bit more to go before it’s actually a goal?
Personally, I think that it wasn’t a goal, but it’s so hard to say that I can understand why they went with the on-ice decision. I will say this, though: NHL defensemen have an almost eerie knack for stopping goals at the last minute. I’ll never forget Willie Mitchell saving an apparent goal during a Dallas Stars-Vancouver Canucks series years ago. Is there some secret last second goal stopping training school these guys go to or something?
- Risk Factors: Boston Bruins edition 0
- Hello Johansen? Boone Jenner out with broken hand 4
- Bruins release Leino; Boychuk staying put? 18
- Babcock doesn’t think this will be his last year with the Wings 9
- Starting tomorrow, PHT’s ‘Risk Factors’ Series 6
- Krug, Smith sign with Bruins 19
- PHT Morning Skate: Grigorenko with highlight-reel shootout goal 7
- Sabres lose Larsson, Kaleta to head injuries, Leafs’ Booth out too (Update: Franson’s hurt) 5
- Report: Dal Colle signs with Islanders (Updated) 1
- Bridge built: Blues lock up Schwartz to two-year deal reportedly worth $4.7M 12
- Jordan Subban has ‘moved on’ after ‘unfortunate’ photo caption by Vancouver papers (52)
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Sabres’ Nolan, Avalanche don’t believe in analytics (32)
- Caps unveil new Winter Classic jerseys (28)
- Ouch: Datsyuk (separated shoulder) out 4-5 weeks (27)