Apr 5, 2010, 11:00 AM EDT
How many times has a team with a one-goal lead scored an empty net goal with under a minute remaining, icing the game? Countless times. In fact, pulling the goaltender in an attempt to tie the game with an extra attacker is a gamble that pays off far less than actually leading to a tie game.
With a 2-1 lead late in the third period, Vancouver hit an empty net with 55 seconds remaining in regulation to push the lead to 3-1. Game over, right?
Watch the highlights. It was a great game overall, but the best stuff begins around the six-minute mark.
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 29
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 114
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 81
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (114)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (81)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (39)