Apr 5, 2010, 11:00 AM EDT
How many times has a team with a one-goal lead scored an empty net goal with under a minute remaining, icing the game? Countless times. In fact, pulling the goaltender in an attempt to tie the game with an extra attacker is a gamble that pays off far less than actually leading to a tie game.
With a 2-1 lead late in the third period, Vancouver hit an empty net with 55 seconds remaining in regulation to push the lead to 3-1. Game over, right?
Watch the highlights. It was a great game overall, but the best stuff begins around the six-minute mark.
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 0
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 14
- Vermette, Teravainen return for Blackhawks in Game 4 13
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 24
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 51
- All eyes on Lundqvist 11
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (173)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)