Apr 5, 2010, 11:55 PM EDT
Since I brought up the 2010 NHL Draft and the Taylor Hall-Tyler Seguin battle earlier tonight, I thought I’d give you an update of the Windsor Spitfires-Plymouth Whalers series. The Spitfires dominated the Whalers tonight, winning 5-0 to take a 3-0 series lead.
But what might be most important is the fact that, once again, Hall was productive (2 assists) while Seguin is still without a single point in the series.
Now that doesn’t mean that Hall is automatically better than Seguin or even “more clutch.” Judging from the highlights I saw on NHL on the Fly and the numbers I’ve found, it seems like the Spitfires simply outmatch the Whalers. That can make things pretty difficult for any player. This is the third straight game the Spitfires scored 5 goals on the Whalers. They apparently out-shot the Whalers 36 to 16 in that game.
So again, it’s unsafe to judge a prospect by a career in his teens, let alone one series. That being said, could this series clinch Hall’s No. 1 status over Seguin? I guess that answer will come soon enough.
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 10
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 14
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 29
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25