Apr 5, 2010, 11:55 PM EDT
Since I brought up the 2010 NHL Draft and the Taylor Hall-Tyler Seguin battle earlier tonight, I thought I’d give you an update of the Windsor Spitfires-Plymouth Whalers series. The Spitfires dominated the Whalers tonight, winning 5-0 to take a 3-0 series lead.
But what might be most important is the fact that, once again, Hall was productive (2 assists) while Seguin is still without a single point in the series.
Now that doesn’t mean that Hall is automatically better than Seguin or even “more clutch.” Judging from the highlights I saw on NHL on the Fly and the numbers I’ve found, it seems like the Spitfires simply outmatch the Whalers. That can make things pretty difficult for any player. This is the third straight game the Spitfires scored 5 goals on the Whalers. They apparently out-shot the Whalers 36 to 16 in that game.
So again, it’s unsafe to judge a prospect by a career in his teens, let alone one series. That being said, could this series clinch Hall’s No. 1 status over Seguin? I guess that answer will come soon enough.
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 17
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 7
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34