Apr 5, 2010, 11:55 PM EDT
Since I brought up the 2010 NHL Draft and the Taylor Hall-Tyler Seguin battle earlier tonight, I thought I’d give you an update of the Windsor Spitfires-Plymouth Whalers series. The Spitfires dominated the Whalers tonight, winning 5-0 to take a 3-0 series lead.
But what might be most important is the fact that, once again, Hall was productive (2 assists) while Seguin is still without a single point in the series.
Now that doesn’t mean that Hall is automatically better than Seguin or even “more clutch.” Judging from the highlights I saw on NHL on the Fly and the numbers I’ve found, it seems like the Spitfires simply outmatch the Whalers. That can make things pretty difficult for any player. This is the third straight game the Spitfires scored 5 goals on the Whalers. They apparently out-shot the Whalers 36 to 16 in that game.
So again, it’s unsafe to judge a prospect by a career in his teens, let alone one series. That being said, could this series clinch Hall’s No. 1 status over Seguin? I guess that answer will come soon enough.
- Happy now? Kessel dropped 13 lbs. this summer 18
- Rich Peverley retires from NHL, joins Stars’ front office 10
- Update: Multiple witnesses reportedly subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 40
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 26
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)