Apr 5, 2010, 11:55 PM EST
Since I brought up the 2010 NHL Draft and the Taylor Hall-Tyler Seguin battle earlier tonight, I thought I’d give you an update of the Windsor Spitfires-Plymouth Whalers series. The Spitfires dominated the Whalers tonight, winning 5-0 to take a 3-0 series lead.
But what might be most important is the fact that, once again, Hall was productive (2 assists) while Seguin is still without a single point in the series.
Now that doesn’t mean that Hall is automatically better than Seguin or even “more clutch.” Judging from the highlights I saw on NHL on the Fly and the numbers I’ve found, it seems like the Spitfires simply outmatch the Whalers. That can make things pretty difficult for any player. This is the third straight game the Spitfires scored 5 goals on the Whalers. They apparently out-shot the Whalers 36 to 16 in that game.
So again, it’s unsafe to judge a prospect by a career in his teens, let alone one series. That being said, could this series clinch Hall’s No. 1 status over Seguin? I guess that answer will come soon enough.
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 8
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 29
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 23
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 30
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 12
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 20
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 36
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 7
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 49
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Sabres announce Pat LaFontaine resigns as president of hockey operations (66)