Apr 5, 2010, 11:55 PM EDT
Since I brought up the 2010 NHL Draft and the Taylor Hall-Tyler Seguin battle earlier tonight, I thought I’d give you an update of the Windsor Spitfires-Plymouth Whalers series. The Spitfires dominated the Whalers tonight, winning 5-0 to take a 3-0 series lead.
But what might be most important is the fact that, once again, Hall was productive (2 assists) while Seguin is still without a single point in the series.
Now that doesn’t mean that Hall is automatically better than Seguin or even “more clutch.” Judging from the highlights I saw on NHL on the Fly and the numbers I’ve found, it seems like the Spitfires simply outmatch the Whalers. That can make things pretty difficult for any player. This is the third straight game the Spitfires scored 5 goals on the Whalers. They apparently out-shot the Whalers 36 to 16 in that game.
So again, it’s unsafe to judge a prospect by a career in his teens, let alone one series. That being said, could this series clinch Hall’s No. 1 status over Seguin? I guess that answer will come soon enough.
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 22
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 5
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 12
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 25
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 17