Apr 5, 2010, 1:35 PM EDT
Avalanche winger Peter Mueller has been
diagnosed with a concussion and is being further evaluated, the team
said today. He will not be with the team for Tuesday night’s game
against the Canucks in Vancouver.
No word yet
on the severity of the concussion. Mueller has already had his own
issues in recovering from a concussion in his career, and subsequent
head injuries can be tricky and sometimes take a while to return from.
unfortunate, as Mueller has quickly become a fan favorite in Colorado
and already, in month, far surpassed his offensive output for the season
while with Phoenix.
Since Mueller was hurt, and the hit was
questionable, expect the NHL’s Wheel of Justice to spin. Where it lands, no one knows.
For a look at the hit, frame by frame, please see our post from this morning.
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 5
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 5
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 17
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 23
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 24
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- NHL-to-Vegas talks gaining steam (68)
- Report: Bruins need to make a trade (61)
- Sounds like San Jose handled stripping Thornton’s captaincy really well (43)
- Fanspeak: Mats Sundin voted greatest Maple Leaf in franchise history (43)
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history (41)