Apr 5, 2010, 1:35 PM EST
Avalanche winger Peter Mueller has been
diagnosed with a concussion and is being further evaluated, the team
said today. He will not be with the team for Tuesday night’s game
against the Canucks in Vancouver.
No word yet
on the severity of the concussion. Mueller has already had his own
issues in recovering from a concussion in his career, and subsequent
head injuries can be tricky and sometimes take a while to return from.
unfortunate, as Mueller has quickly become a fan favorite in Colorado
and already, in month, far surpassed his offensive output for the season
while with Phoenix.
Since Mueller was hurt, and the hit was
questionable, expect the NHL’s Wheel of Justice to spin. Where it lands, no one knows.
For a look at the hit, frame by frame, please see our post from this morning.
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 2
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 25
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 22
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 28
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 10
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 20
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 36
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 7
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 49
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Sabres announce Pat LaFontaine resigns as president of hockey operations (66)