Apr 5, 2010, 1:35 PM EST
Avalanche winger Peter Mueller has been
diagnosed with a concussion and is being further evaluated, the team
said today. He will not be with the team for Tuesday night’s game
against the Canucks in Vancouver.
No word yet
on the severity of the concussion. Mueller has already had his own
issues in recovering from a concussion in his career, and subsequent
head injuries can be tricky and sometimes take a while to return from.
unfortunate, as Mueller has quickly become a fan favorite in Colorado
and already, in month, far surpassed his offensive output for the season
while with Phoenix.
Since Mueller was hurt, and the hit was
questionable, expect the NHL’s Wheel of Justice to spin. Where it lands, no one knows.
For a look at the hit, frame by frame, please see our post from this morning.
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 4
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 6
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 10
- Breaking: Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 27
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)