Apr 5, 2010, 1:35 PM EDT
Avalanche winger Peter Mueller has been
diagnosed with a concussion and is being further evaluated, the team
said today. He will not be with the team for Tuesday night’s game
against the Canucks in Vancouver.
No word yet
on the severity of the concussion. Mueller has already had his own
issues in recovering from a concussion in his career, and subsequent
head injuries can be tricky and sometimes take a while to return from.
unfortunate, as Mueller has quickly become a fan favorite in Colorado
and already, in month, far surpassed his offensive output for the season
while with Phoenix.
Since Mueller was hurt, and the hit was
questionable, expect the NHL’s Wheel of Justice to spin. Where it lands, no one knows.
For a look at the hit, frame by frame, please see our post from this morning.
- Happy now? Kessel dropped 13 lbs. this summer 11
- Rich Peverley retires from NHL, joins Stars’ front office 9
- Update: Multiple witnesses reportedly subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 35
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 26
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)