Apr 5, 2010, 1:35 PM EDT
Avalanche winger Peter Mueller has been
diagnosed with a concussion and is being further evaluated, the team
said today. He will not be with the team for Tuesday night’s game
against the Canucks in Vancouver.
No word yet
on the severity of the concussion. Mueller has already had his own
issues in recovering from a concussion in his career, and subsequent
head injuries can be tricky and sometimes take a while to return from.
unfortunate, as Mueller has quickly become a fan favorite in Colorado
and already, in month, far surpassed his offensive output for the season
while with Phoenix.
Since Mueller was hurt, and the hit was
questionable, expect the NHL’s Wheel of Justice to spin. Where it lands, no one knows.
For a look at the hit, frame by frame, please see our post from this morning.
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 4
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 9
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 3
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 7
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 22
- Leafs deny rift between Kessel and coaching staff 20
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 10
- Selanne rips Boudreau in book 18
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? 38
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 12
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (62)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (54)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)