Apr 5, 2010, 1:06 PM EST
I’m sure that from here on forward, we’re going to be hearing tidbits of reports from ‘sources’ and whispers from the back alleys of the NHL about just what exactly might be going on with a potential Stars ownership group.
Mike Modano has been linked with a potential group for over a year now, one that reportedly involved Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban. That alone caused one heck of a stir, even if Cuban would be nothing more that a minority owner. One part of that original report was that main name behind a potential ownership group was unknown, and no one was speaking.
Could that name be Brett Hull?
According to Mike Heika, Hull denied any involvement in a potential ownership situation last week. But today, in the wake of the Dallas Observer report, comes this report from Nick Kypreos and Sportsnet.ca:
According to Sportsnet’s Nick Kypreos, it is Hull that is the main
impetus behind the interest in the team. He has been pursuing the team
for more than a year and while Gretzky is not directly involved, sources
say he is “willing to listen.”
Until a formal announcement of any kind is made (although Mike Modano has announced he has no involvement with Gretzky), this is what we’ll get. “Sources” stating and whispering one thing, with the main people involved denying pretty much everything that’s stated.
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 7
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 9
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 8
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 10
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 31
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 31
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 66
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 27
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 32
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)