Apr 5, 2010, 1:06 PM EDT
I’m sure that from here on forward, we’re going to be hearing tidbits of reports from ‘sources’ and whispers from the back alleys of the NHL about just what exactly might be going on with a potential Stars ownership group.
Mike Modano has been linked with a potential group for over a year now, one that reportedly involved Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban. That alone caused one heck of a stir, even if Cuban would be nothing more that a minority owner. One part of that original report was that main name behind a potential ownership group was unknown, and no one was speaking.
Could that name be Brett Hull?
According to Mike Heika, Hull denied any involvement in a potential ownership situation last week. But today, in the wake of the Dallas Observer report, comes this report from Nick Kypreos and Sportsnet.ca:
According to Sportsnet’s Nick Kypreos, it is Hull that is the main
impetus behind the interest in the team. He has been pursuing the team
for more than a year and while Gretzky is not directly involved, sources
say he is “willing to listen.”
Until a formal announcement of any kind is made (although Mike Modano has announced he has no involvement with Gretzky), this is what we’ll get. “Sources” stating and whispering one thing, with the main people involved denying pretty much everything that’s stated.
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 10
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 12
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 11
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 24
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 74
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 28
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)