Apr 5, 2010, 1:06 PM EDT
I’m sure that from here on forward, we’re going to be hearing tidbits of reports from ‘sources’ and whispers from the back alleys of the NHL about just what exactly might be going on with a potential Stars ownership group.
Mike Modano has been linked with a potential group for over a year now, one that reportedly involved Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban. That alone caused one heck of a stir, even if Cuban would be nothing more that a minority owner. One part of that original report was that main name behind a potential ownership group was unknown, and no one was speaking.
Could that name be Brett Hull?
According to Mike Heika, Hull denied any involvement in a potential ownership situation last week. But today, in the wake of the Dallas Observer report, comes this report from Nick Kypreos and Sportsnet.ca:
According to Sportsnet’s Nick Kypreos, it is Hull that is the main
impetus behind the interest in the team. He has been pursuing the team
for more than a year and while Gretzky is not directly involved, sources
say he is “willing to listen.”
Until a formal announcement of any kind is made (although Mike Modano has announced he has no involvement with Gretzky), this is what we’ll get. “Sources” stating and whispering one thing, with the main people involved denying pretty much everything that’s stated.
- Couture accuses Kings captain Brown of diving 15
- Three reasons why the Rangers might buy out Richards 11
- Richards made a healthy scratch for Game 4 25
- Don Cherry: Canucks GM Gillis threw coaches ‘under the bus’ 20
- Playoffs Tonight: Bruins know series vs Rangers isn’t over 18
- Sens’ Alfredsson: We probably won’t win this series 20
- Discuss: Penguins overwhelm Senators to take Game 4 71
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting 101
- Gillis: Vigneault fired because results weren’t there 20
- Official: Canucks fire head coach Vigneault, assistants Bowness and Brown 33
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting (102)
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (99)
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? (99)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (95)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- Tebow fact: He reminds Chuck Norris of Chuck Norris
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1
- HBT: Astros vendor fired after taking food into bathroom
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement