Apr 5, 2010, 1:06 PM EDT
I’m sure that from here on forward, we’re going to be hearing tidbits of reports from ‘sources’ and whispers from the back alleys of the NHL about just what exactly might be going on with a potential Stars ownership group.
Mike Modano has been linked with a potential group for over a year now, one that reportedly involved Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban. That alone caused one heck of a stir, even if Cuban would be nothing more that a minority owner. One part of that original report was that main name behind a potential ownership group was unknown, and no one was speaking.
Could that name be Brett Hull?
According to Mike Heika, Hull denied any involvement in a potential ownership situation last week. But today, in the wake of the Dallas Observer report, comes this report from Nick Kypreos and Sportsnet.ca:
According to Sportsnet’s Nick Kypreos, it is Hull that is the main
impetus behind the interest in the team. He has been pursuing the team
for more than a year and while Gretzky is not directly involved, sources
say he is “willing to listen.”
Until a formal announcement of any kind is made (although Mike Modano has announced he has no involvement with Gretzky), this is what we’ll get. “Sources” stating and whispering one thing, with the main people involved denying pretty much everything that’s stated.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 12
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 17
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 15
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 92
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5