Apr 4, 2010, 11:15 AM EST
The blogs and newspapers are buzzing with activity over the Flyers and Red Wings today. Let’s take a look at what each side is saying about a match that should have some serious playoff implications for both teams.
What Detroit blogs and papers are saying
Ansar Khan of the Detroit Free Press shares that the Red Wings will “have Chris Osgood’s back” in his first start in months.
Winging it in Motown points out that the Red Wings can clinch a playoff spot with a win today.
“My heart just jumped,” Ford said of first seeing Howe. “The next thing I know, I was slammed. I’ve never been hit so hard in my life. I’m lying in this heap, and it’s Gordie looking down at me.
“He says, ‘Son, always skate with your head up.’ I was so honored to have been checked by Gordie Howe. That was the coolest thing that ever happened to me.”
Too bad Eric Lindros never went to that camp.
What the Philly papers/bloggers are saying
Are the 2009 Flyers the 1964 Phillies? And would anyone under the age of 60/not from Philadelphia even know what that means?
Possibly my favorite “active” show “It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia” apparently was taping during a recent Flyers game. No word on whether or not the episode will be titled “Battery cometh.”
Finally, Larry Brooks of the NY Post comically suggests that Chris Pronger is the problem in Philadelphia. Yup, nothing says “problem” quite like Norris Trophy-level defense.
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 13
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 42
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 26
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 31
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 12
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 20
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 36
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 7
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 49
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Sabres announce Pat LaFontaine resigns as president of hockey operations (66)