Apr 4, 2010, 11:15 AM EST
The blogs and newspapers are buzzing with activity over the Flyers and Red Wings today. Let’s take a look at what each side is saying about a match that should have some serious playoff implications for both teams.
What Detroit blogs and papers are saying
Ansar Khan of the Detroit Free Press shares that the Red Wings will “have Chris Osgood’s back” in his first start in months.
Winging it in Motown points out that the Red Wings can clinch a playoff spot with a win today.
“My heart just jumped,” Ford said of first seeing Howe. “The next thing I know, I was slammed. I’ve never been hit so hard in my life. I’m lying in this heap, and it’s Gordie looking down at me.
“He says, ‘Son, always skate with your head up.’ I was so honored to have been checked by Gordie Howe. That was the coolest thing that ever happened to me.”
Too bad Eric Lindros never went to that camp.
What the Philly papers/bloggers are saying
Are the 2009 Flyers the 1964 Phillies? And would anyone under the age of 60/not from Philadelphia even know what that means?
Possibly my favorite “active” show “It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia” apparently was taping during a recent Flyers game. No word on whether or not the episode will be titled “Battery cometh.”
Finally, Larry Brooks of the NY Post comically suggests that Chris Pronger is the problem in Philadelphia. Yup, nothing says “problem” quite like Norris Trophy-level defense.
- Byfuglien out 2-4 weeks with upper-body injury; Little hurt, too 9
- Bettman concedes there are ‘some members of the NHL family who would like to see fewer shootouts’ 48
- Season over: Avs lose MacKinnon to broken foot 19
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 20
- Bruins sign Krug and Smith to contract extensions 36
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 15
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 9
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 21
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 32