Apr 4, 2010, 11:15 AM EDT
The blogs and newspapers are buzzing with activity over the Flyers and Red Wings today. Let’s take a look at what each side is saying about a match that should have some serious playoff implications for both teams.
What Detroit blogs and papers are saying
Ansar Khan of the Detroit Free Press shares that the Red Wings will “have Chris Osgood’s back” in his first start in months.
Winging it in Motown points out that the Red Wings can clinch a playoff spot with a win today.
“My heart just jumped,” Ford said of first seeing Howe. “The next thing I know, I was slammed. I’ve never been hit so hard in my life. I’m lying in this heap, and it’s Gordie looking down at me.
“He says, ‘Son, always skate with your head up.’ I was so honored to have been checked by Gordie Howe. That was the coolest thing that ever happened to me.”
Too bad Eric Lindros never went to that camp.
What the Philly papers/bloggers are saying
Are the 2009 Flyers the 1964 Phillies? And would anyone under the age of 60/not from Philadelphia even know what that means?
Possibly my favorite “active” show “It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia” apparently was taping during a recent Flyers game. No word on whether or not the episode will be titled “Battery cometh.”
Finally, Larry Brooks of the NY Post comically suggests that Chris Pronger is the problem in Philadelphia. Yup, nothing says “problem” quite like Norris Trophy-level defense.
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 6
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 15
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 5
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 25
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 9
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 8
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 28
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)