Apr 4, 2010, 11:15 AM EDT
The blogs and newspapers are buzzing with activity over the Flyers and Red Wings today. Let’s take a look at what each side is saying about a match that should have some serious playoff implications for both teams.
What Detroit blogs and papers are saying
Ansar Khan of the Detroit Free Press shares that the Red Wings will “have Chris Osgood’s back” in his first start in months.
Winging it in Motown points out that the Red Wings can clinch a playoff spot with a win today.
“My heart just jumped,” Ford said of first seeing Howe. “The next thing I know, I was slammed. I’ve never been hit so hard in my life. I’m lying in this heap, and it’s Gordie looking down at me.
“He says, ‘Son, always skate with your head up.’ I was so honored to have been checked by Gordie Howe. That was the coolest thing that ever happened to me.”
Too bad Eric Lindros never went to that camp.
What the Philly papers/bloggers are saying
Are the 2009 Flyers the 1964 Phillies? And would anyone under the age of 60/not from Philadelphia even know what that means?
Possibly my favorite “active” show “It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia” apparently was taping during a recent Flyers game. No word on whether or not the episode will be titled “Battery cometh.”
Finally, Larry Brooks of the NY Post comically suggests that Chris Pronger is the problem in Philadelphia. Yup, nothing says “problem” quite like Norris Trophy-level defense.
- Gillis: Vigneault fired because results weren’t there 2
- Here’s an (updated) list of available NHL coaching candidates 6
- Official: Canucks fire head coach Vigneault, assistants Bowness and Brown 25
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? 87
- Playoffs Tonight: Senators confident they can beat Penguins 35
- Video: Kings denied a goal after quick whistle 29
- Tweet from L.A. Kings Twitter account stirs controversy 60
- Discuss: Sharks take Game 4, even semifinal series against Kings 15
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead 98
- Video: Callahan gets away with high-sticking Chara 31
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (98)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (90)
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? (87)
- Bryzgalov thinks Stalin did a good job, wishes Philadelphia wasn’t so old, and believes poor people don’t want to work (80)
- Live Extra: Watch Penguins-Senators, Game 4
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- PBT: Rugged Pacers hope to slow high-flying Heat
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games
- PFT: Crabtree tears achilles, out six months