Apr 4, 2010, 11:15 AM EST
The blogs and newspapers are buzzing with activity over the Flyers and Red Wings today. Let’s take a look at what each side is saying about a match that should have some serious playoff implications for both teams.
What Detroit blogs and papers are saying
Ansar Khan of the Detroit Free Press shares that the Red Wings will “have Chris Osgood’s back” in his first start in months.
Winging it in Motown points out that the Red Wings can clinch a playoff spot with a win today.
“My heart just jumped,” Ford said of first seeing Howe. “The next thing I know, I was slammed. I’ve never been hit so hard in my life. I’m lying in this heap, and it’s Gordie looking down at me.
“He says, ‘Son, always skate with your head up.’ I was so honored to have been checked by Gordie Howe. That was the coolest thing that ever happened to me.”
Too bad Eric Lindros never went to that camp.
What the Philly papers/bloggers are saying
Are the 2009 Flyers the 1964 Phillies? And would anyone under the age of 60/not from Philadelphia even know what that means?
Possibly my favorite “active” show “It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia” apparently was taping during a recent Flyers game. No word on whether or not the episode will be titled “Battery cometh.”
Finally, Larry Brooks of the NY Post comically suggests that Chris Pronger is the problem in Philadelphia. Yup, nothing says “problem” quite like Norris Trophy-level defense.
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 1
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 27
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 11
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 39
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks 51
- Report: NHL set to finally pay Gretzky at least $7M 13
- Kadri out as falling Leafs start tough stretch vs. Sharks 9
- Wounded Wings: Zetterberg (back) out, joins Datsyuk on shelf 7
- Burrows out with broken jaw (Update: expected to miss at least four weeks) 22
- NHL on NBCSN: Can battered, slumping Stars rise above Blackhawks? 8
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (51)
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension (39)
- Islanders embarrassed in fifth consecutive loss (33)
- ‘Don’t ruin a good thing,’ says Don Cherry after historic Rogers-NHL deal (32)