Apr 4, 2010, 9:30 AM EST
If you’re a Penguins fan like myself, you cannot help but have a rather large soft spot for Johan “The Moose” Hedberg. He came out of nowhere (OK, actually, from Manitoba) to play great in net for Pittsburgh during Mario Lemieux’s magical out-of-retirement run and will drink for free eternally in the bar that exists only in my mind.
He made a nice handful of saves in this video, including a jaw dropping gamble against Evgeni Malkin. Then he endeared himself to Pens fans by being good – but not good enough – to beat Pittsburgh. You’re a good man, Johan.
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 3
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 14
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 58
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 20
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 36
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 16
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 5