Apr 4, 2010, 9:30 AM EST
If you’re a Penguins fan like myself, you cannot help but have a rather large soft spot for Johan “The Moose” Hedberg. He came out of nowhere (OK, actually, from Manitoba) to play great in net for Pittsburgh during Mario Lemieux’s magical out-of-retirement run and will drink for free eternally in the bar that exists only in my mind.
He made a nice handful of saves in this video, including a jaw dropping gamble against Evgeni Malkin. Then he endeared himself to Pens fans by being good – but not good enough – to beat Pittsburgh. You’re a good man, Johan.
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 1
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 4
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 11
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 14
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 7
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 5
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 27
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 35