Apr 4, 2010, 9:30 AM EDT
If you’re a Penguins fan like myself, you cannot help but have a rather large soft spot for Johan “The Moose” Hedberg. He came out of nowhere (OK, actually, from Manitoba) to play great in net for Pittsburgh during Mario Lemieux’s magical out-of-retirement run and will drink for free eternally in the bar that exists only in my mind.
He made a nice handful of saves in this video, including a jaw dropping gamble against Evgeni Malkin. Then he endeared himself to Pens fans by being good – but not good enough – to beat Pittsburgh. You’re a good man, Johan.
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 5
- In praise of John Tavares 13
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 20
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 18
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 55
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36