Apr 4, 2010, 9:30 AM EDT
If you’re a Penguins fan like myself, you cannot help but have a rather large soft spot for Johan “The Moose” Hedberg. He came out of nowhere (OK, actually, from Manitoba) to play great in net for Pittsburgh during Mario Lemieux’s magical out-of-retirement run and will drink for free eternally in the bar that exists only in my mind.
He made a nice handful of saves in this video, including a jaw dropping gamble against Evgeni Malkin. Then he endeared himself to Pens fans by being good – but not good enough – to beat Pittsburgh. You’re a good man, Johan.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 12
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 17
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 15
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 92
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5