Apr 4, 2010, 1:00 PM EDT
The Philadelphia Flyers left Brian Boucher out to dry and Dan Cleary cashed in on a rebound to get the Red Wings back in the game. It’s now 2-1 Flyers thanks to what Joe called a “grimy” goal.
Personally, I’d like to ask every team that plays an NBC Game of the Week to play its backup-caliber goalies so we can have plenty of goals. Defensive showdowns and good goaltending? For the birds, I say. For the birds.
As I was typing this, the Red Wings tied it up after Darren Helm scored a backhand goal on a huge rebound from Boucher. You can see that Helm’s nose took quite a beating and may even be broken. Helm is one of those players you cannot help but admire, even when his hard work and speed does major damage to your blood pressure.
It is now 2-2 in a game that looks like it could turn into Jacques Lemaire’s ultimate nightmare.
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 32
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 44
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 18
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 31
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center 45
- Eric Staal has surgery to repair ‘core muscle injury’ 6
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 16
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 12
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 63
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (45)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)
- New Caps regime plans to keep Ovechkin at RW (for now) (42)