Apr 4, 2010, 1:00 PM EST
The Philadelphia Flyers left Brian Boucher out to dry and Dan Cleary cashed in on a rebound to get the Red Wings back in the game. It’s now 2-1 Flyers thanks to what Joe called a “grimy” goal.
Personally, I’d like to ask every team that plays an NBC Game of the Week to play its backup-caliber goalies so we can have plenty of goals. Defensive showdowns and good goaltending? For the birds, I say. For the birds.
As I was typing this, the Red Wings tied it up after Darren Helm scored a backhand goal on a huge rebound from Boucher. You can see that Helm’s nose took quite a beating and may even be broken. Helm is one of those players you cannot help but admire, even when his hard work and speed does major damage to your blood pressure.
It is now 2-2 in a game that looks like it could turn into Jacques Lemaire’s ultimate nightmare.
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 2
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 5
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 31
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 29
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 65
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 27
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 32
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 14
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 21
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (65)