Apr 4, 2010, 1:00 PM EST
The Philadelphia Flyers left Brian Boucher out to dry and Dan Cleary cashed in on a rebound to get the Red Wings back in the game. It’s now 2-1 Flyers thanks to what Joe called a “grimy” goal.
Personally, I’d like to ask every team that plays an NBC Game of the Week to play its backup-caliber goalies so we can have plenty of goals. Defensive showdowns and good goaltending? For the birds, I say. For the birds.
As I was typing this, the Red Wings tied it up after Darren Helm scored a backhand goal on a huge rebound from Boucher. You can see that Helm’s nose took quite a beating and may even be broken. Helm is one of those players you cannot help but admire, even when his hard work and speed does major damage to your blood pressure.
It is now 2-2 in a game that looks like it could turn into Jacques Lemaire’s ultimate nightmare.
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 1
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 15
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 58
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 28
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 16
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 81
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Wild need two points from NHL-leading Preds 21
- Video: Potential No. 1 overall pick Connor McDavid goes end-to-end, top shelf 9
- Leafs’ Rielly apologizes for insensitive remarks (86)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (81)
- Chiarelli understands scrutiny on GM and coach, but says, ‘It’s unfortunate that we’re under review for one year’ (69)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (65)