Apr 4, 2010, 1:00 PM EDT
The Philadelphia Flyers left Brian Boucher out to dry and Dan Cleary cashed in on a rebound to get the Red Wings back in the game. It’s now 2-1 Flyers thanks to what Joe called a “grimy” goal.
Personally, I’d like to ask every team that plays an NBC Game of the Week to play its backup-caliber goalies so we can have plenty of goals. Defensive showdowns and good goaltending? For the birds, I say. For the birds.
As I was typing this, the Red Wings tied it up after Darren Helm scored a backhand goal on a huge rebound from Boucher. You can see that Helm’s nose took quite a beating and may even be broken. Helm is one of those players you cannot help but admire, even when his hard work and speed does major damage to your blood pressure.
It is now 2-2 in a game that looks like it could turn into Jacques Lemaire’s ultimate nightmare.
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 30
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 14
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 10
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 5
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 18
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 25
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 18
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 54