Apr 4, 2010, 1:00 PM EST
The Philadelphia Flyers left Brian Boucher out to dry and Dan Cleary cashed in on a rebound to get the Red Wings back in the game. It’s now 2-1 Flyers thanks to what Joe called a “grimy” goal.
Personally, I’d like to ask every team that plays an NBC Game of the Week to play its backup-caliber goalies so we can have plenty of goals. Defensive showdowns and good goaltending? For the birds, I say. For the birds.
As I was typing this, the Red Wings tied it up after Darren Helm scored a backhand goal on a huge rebound from Boucher. You can see that Helm’s nose took quite a beating and may even be broken. Helm is one of those players you cannot help but admire, even when his hard work and speed does major damage to your blood pressure.
It is now 2-2 in a game that looks like it could turn into Jacques Lemaire’s ultimate nightmare.
- Report: Canes’ Jordan Staal to make season debut Monday 1
- ‘We can build on this': Devils lose with Lou Lamoriello behind the bench 5
- Video: Nyquist scores OT winner on incredible individual effort 8
- Video: Ovechkin crushes Letang, Capitals cruise by the Penguins 6
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 73
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 4
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 14
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap (73)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)