Apr 4, 2010, 1:16 PM EST
The Philadelphia Flyers had the right idea. They came out with a strong forecheck and lots of energy against a much more talented team that played yesterday, and it paid off. Carcillo opened the scoring 17 seconds into the game, and Kimmo Timmonen put the Flyers up 2-0 not long after.
Chris Osgood did not look good on either goal, he was out of position horribly on the Timmonen goal and the Flyers took advantage.
Then Boucher lost all control on the other end and the life was sucked out of Wachovia. He failed to control a number of tight rebounds before Cleary knocked the puck in, and instantly the Flyers defense regressed to “stand around and watch the Red Wings” approaches. On Helm’s goal, Pronger just stood and watched the puck flop around the crease. Not a flinch.
It’s a microcosm of the Flyers’ season so far, and it’s obvious that Boucher is likely not able to lead this team to postseason glory. He may not allow them to even get there.
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 1
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 27
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 11
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 39
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks 51
- Report: NHL set to finally pay Gretzky at least $7M 13
- Kadri out as falling Leafs start tough stretch vs. Sharks 9
- Wounded Wings: Zetterberg (back) out, joins Datsyuk on shelf 7
- Burrows out with broken jaw (Update: expected to miss at least four weeks) 22
- NHL on NBCSN: Can battered, slumping Stars rise above Blackhawks? 8
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (51)
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension (39)
- Islanders embarrassed in fifth consecutive loss (33)
- ‘Don’t ruin a good thing,’ says Don Cherry after historic Rogers-NHL deal (32)