Apr 4, 2010, 1:16 PM EST
The Philadelphia Flyers had the right idea. They came out with a strong forecheck and lots of energy against a much more talented team that played yesterday, and it paid off. Carcillo opened the scoring 17 seconds into the game, and Kimmo Timmonen put the Flyers up 2-0 not long after.
Chris Osgood did not look good on either goal, he was out of position horribly on the Timmonen goal and the Flyers took advantage.
Then Boucher lost all control on the other end and the life was sucked out of Wachovia. He failed to control a number of tight rebounds before Cleary knocked the puck in, and instantly the Flyers defense regressed to “stand around and watch the Red Wings” approaches. On Helm’s goal, Pronger just stood and watched the puck flop around the crease. Not a flinch.
It’s a microcosm of the Flyers’ season so far, and it’s obvious that Boucher is likely not able to lead this team to postseason glory. He may not allow them to even get there.
- In praise of the Hamburglar 3
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 4
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 35
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 52
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (173)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)