Apr 4, 2010, 1:16 PM EST
The Philadelphia Flyers had the right idea. They came out with a strong forecheck and lots of energy against a much more talented team that played yesterday, and it paid off. Carcillo opened the scoring 17 seconds into the game, and Kimmo Timmonen put the Flyers up 2-0 not long after.
Chris Osgood did not look good on either goal, he was out of position horribly on the Timmonen goal and the Flyers took advantage.
Then Boucher lost all control on the other end and the life was sucked out of Wachovia. He failed to control a number of tight rebounds before Cleary knocked the puck in, and instantly the Flyers defense regressed to “stand around and watch the Red Wings” approaches. On Helm’s goal, Pronger just stood and watched the puck flop around the crease. Not a flinch.
It’s a microcosm of the Flyers’ season so far, and it’s obvious that Boucher is likely not able to lead this team to postseason glory. He may not allow them to even get there.
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 38
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 16
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 115
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 23
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 17
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 32
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 27
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 7
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (115)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)