Apr 4, 2010, 1:16 PM EDT
The Philadelphia Flyers had the right idea. They came out with a strong forecheck and lots of energy against a much more talented team that played yesterday, and it paid off. Carcillo opened the scoring 17 seconds into the game, and Kimmo Timmonen put the Flyers up 2-0 not long after.
Chris Osgood did not look good on either goal, he was out of position horribly on the Timmonen goal and the Flyers took advantage.
Then Boucher lost all control on the other end and the life was sucked out of Wachovia. He failed to control a number of tight rebounds before Cleary knocked the puck in, and instantly the Flyers defense regressed to “stand around and watch the Red Wings” approaches. On Helm’s goal, Pronger just stood and watched the puck flop around the crease. Not a flinch.
It’s a microcosm of the Flyers’ season so far, and it’s obvious that Boucher is likely not able to lead this team to postseason glory. He may not allow them to even get there.
- Report: Canucks fire head coach Vigneault, assistants Bowness and Brown 4
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? 59
- Playoffs Tonight: Senators confident they can beat Penguins 33
- Video: Kings denied a goal after quick whistle 29
- Tweet from L.A. Kings Twitter account stirs controversy 56
- Discuss: Sharks take Game 4, even semifinal series against Kings 14
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead 95
- Video: Callahan gets away with high-sticking Chara 30
- Playoffs Tonight: Kings look for ‘killer instinct’ against Sharks 10
- Brother says Patrick Roy will be Avs’ head coach 21
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (95)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (90)
- Bryzgalov thinks Stalin did a good job, wishes Philadelphia wasn’t so old, and believes poor people don’t want to work (80)
- McPhee says lack of power plays ‘didn’t feel right’; Torts says Washington is ‘whining’ (70)
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- PBT: Rugged Pacers hope to slow high-flying Heat
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games
- PFT: Crabtree reportedly tears achilles, out for year
- HBT: Soriano calls out Harper after blown save