Apr 4, 2010, 12:40 PM EDT
The Flyers already have a lead against Detroit at 1-0.
Normally, I call Daniel Carcillo “CarcilLOL” because he’s kind of a goober. This time, the recently suspended ruffian elicited a laugh out loud by scoring on Chris Osgood seemingly in the blink of an eye.
Could it have been a simple matter of rust for Osgood? He hasn’t started a game in months and has put up a pathetic 89% save percentage this season. Carcillo has supposedly improved his consistency this season. Either way, this is a big goal in a huge game for the desperate Philadelphia Flyers.
Carcillo is one of the players being followed by NBC’s Star Cam, for what it’s worth. One other interesting note: Brandon is in the press box tonight. He noticed that Darren Helm is getting some additional attention on the bench after a hit and might be missing some teeth. Mike Richards also seems like he was affected by a hit.
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 3
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 24
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 9
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 8
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 28
- Leafs deny rift between Kessel and coaching staff 20
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 12
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (62)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)