Apr 4, 2010, 12:40 PM EST
The Flyers already have a lead against Detroit at 1-0.
Normally, I call Daniel Carcillo “CarcilLOL” because he’s kind of a goober. This time, the recently suspended ruffian elicited a laugh out loud by scoring on Chris Osgood seemingly in the blink of an eye.
Could it have been a simple matter of rust for Osgood? He hasn’t started a game in months and has put up a pathetic 89% save percentage this season. Carcillo has supposedly improved his consistency this season. Either way, this is a big goal in a huge game for the desperate Philadelphia Flyers.
Carcillo is one of the players being followed by NBC’s Star Cam, for what it’s worth. One other interesting note: Brandon is in the press box tonight. He noticed that Darren Helm is getting some additional attention on the bench after a hit and might be missing some teeth. Mike Richards also seems like he was affected by a hit.
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 4
- Criticism spreads to GM Lou Lamoriello after Devils fire DeBoer 4
- Eichel earns assist and scores in shootout as U.S. squeaks by Finland 1
- Canada enters World Juniors as 11/10 favorite; USA next at 9/4 2
- Devils fire DeBoer 20
- More mumps: Downie and Greiss test positive 4
- Orpik reflects on ‘outside pressure’ in Pittsburgh 18
- Canada tabs Fucale for WJC opener 0
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 10
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)