Apr 4, 2010, 12:40 PM EDT
The Flyers already have a lead against Detroit at 1-0.
Normally, I call Daniel Carcillo “CarcilLOL” because he’s kind of a goober. This time, the recently suspended ruffian elicited a laugh out loud by scoring on Chris Osgood seemingly in the blink of an eye.
Could it have been a simple matter of rust for Osgood? He hasn’t started a game in months and has put up a pathetic 89% save percentage this season. Carcillo has supposedly improved his consistency this season. Either way, this is a big goal in a huge game for the desperate Philadelphia Flyers.
Carcillo is one of the players being followed by NBC’s Star Cam, for what it’s worth. One other interesting note: Brandon is in the press box tonight. He noticed that Darren Helm is getting some additional attention on the bench after a hit and might be missing some teeth. Mike Richards also seems like he was affected by a hit.
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 8
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 46
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 19
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13