Apr 4, 2010, 12:40 PM EDT
The Flyers already have a lead against Detroit at 1-0.
Normally, I call Daniel Carcillo “CarcilLOL” because he’s kind of a goober. This time, the recently suspended ruffian elicited a laugh out loud by scoring on Chris Osgood seemingly in the blink of an eye.
Could it have been a simple matter of rust for Osgood? He hasn’t started a game in months and has put up a pathetic 89% save percentage this season. Carcillo has supposedly improved his consistency this season. Either way, this is a big goal in a huge game for the desperate Philadelphia Flyers.
Carcillo is one of the players being followed by NBC’s Star Cam, for what it’s worth. One other interesting note: Brandon is in the press box tonight. He noticed that Darren Helm is getting some additional attention on the bench after a hit and might be missing some teeth. Mike Richards also seems like he was affected by a hit.
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 5
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 5
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 26
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 42
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 38
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 69
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M (58)