Apr 4, 2010, 2:05 PM EDT
Earlier today I raved about three goals that featured great puck movement, so it’s nice to see an example of that in the Game of the Week. Ville Leino sent the puck to Kimmo Timonen who immediately moved it to Aaron Asham, who scored his 10th goal of the season to make it 4-2 Philadelphia.
The Flyers are outplaying the Red Wings right now. What would you blame for the slouching performance so far: bad goaltending or back-to-back games against two hungry teams?
Either way, the Red Wings face quite the mountain to climb in the third period.
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 24
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 17
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 46
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 56
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 21
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 31
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center 45
- Eric Staal has surgery to repair ‘core muscle injury’ 6
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 16
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (56)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (46)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)
- Richards: If not for the cap, half the league would want to play for Hawks (36)