Apr 4, 2010, 2:05 PM EST
Earlier today I raved about three goals that featured great puck movement, so it’s nice to see an example of that in the Game of the Week. Ville Leino sent the puck to Kimmo Timonen who immediately moved it to Aaron Asham, who scored his 10th goal of the season to make it 4-2 Philadelphia.
The Flyers are outplaying the Red Wings right now. What would you blame for the slouching performance so far: bad goaltending or back-to-back games against two hungry teams?
Either way, the Red Wings face quite the mountain to climb in the third period.
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 5
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 4
- Breaking: Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 21
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 17
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)