Apr 3, 2010, 9:30 AM EDT
After all these years, never question Barry Trotz’ decision making.
He’s earned the benefit of the doubt.
Jordin Tootoo, just months removed from signing a two-year contract
extension, was scratched on Thursday against the St. Louis Blues which
was surprising considering the physical approach the Blues take.
Trotz is happy with his decision, according
to Bryan Mullen of The Tennessean:
“St. Louis was bringing more elements to the game than he
was,” Trotz said. “I expect him to be better in his game. It was a
decision based on what St. Louis put in their lineup. For me it was the
right decision. We won the hockey game.”
just three points in the past month, but he also has just 18 penalty
minutes (ten coming from two fights) in that span, meaning he’s been
just a completely invisible presence on the ice. Not what Trotz is
looking for heading into the playoffs.
Perhaps a surprise scratch
will have the same effect on Tootoo that it did for Sean Avery.
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 15
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 11
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 84
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 16
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 25
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 23
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 43
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (85)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)