Apr 3, 2010, 9:30 AM EDT
After all these years, never question Barry Trotz’ decision making.
He’s earned the benefit of the doubt.
Jordin Tootoo, just months removed from signing a two-year contract
extension, was scratched on Thursday against the St. Louis Blues which
was surprising considering the physical approach the Blues take.
Trotz is happy with his decision, according
to Bryan Mullen of The Tennessean:
“St. Louis was bringing more elements to the game than he
was,” Trotz said. “I expect him to be better in his game. It was a
decision based on what St. Louis put in their lineup. For me it was the
right decision. We won the hockey game.”
just three points in the past month, but he also has just 18 penalty
minutes (ten coming from two fights) in that span, meaning he’s been
just a completely invisible presence on the ice. Not what Trotz is
looking for heading into the playoffs.
Perhaps a surprise scratch
will have the same effect on Tootoo that it did for Sean Avery.
- Sharks beat Kings in OT, take 3-0 stranglehold on series 20
- Rangers chase Emery, top Flyers for 2-1 series lead 42
- Bruins dominate Red Wings, take 2-1 series lead 18
- And then there were 15: Lightning eliminated 60
- WATCH LIVE: San Jose Sharks at Los Angeles Kings (Game 3) 2
- Bettman says shootouts are staying, gives salary cap estimate 31
- Video: Yeo asked if Cooke told to ‘target’ Avs, does not like question 44
- On Matt Cooke and whether he’s a ‘repeat offender’ 58
- Marleau, O’Reilly and St. Louis named Lady Byng finalists 20
- Zuccarello: ‘I’m not a diver’ 50
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (127)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)