Apr 3, 2010, 9:30 AM EST
After all these years, never question Barry Trotz’ decision making.
He’s earned the benefit of the doubt.
Jordin Tootoo, just months removed from signing a two-year contract
extension, was scratched on Thursday against the St. Louis Blues which
was surprising considering the physical approach the Blues take.
Trotz is happy with his decision, according
to Bryan Mullen of The Tennessean:
“St. Louis was bringing more elements to the game than he
was,” Trotz said. “I expect him to be better in his game. It was a
decision based on what St. Louis put in their lineup. For me it was the
right decision. We won the hockey game.”
just three points in the past month, but he also has just 18 penalty
minutes (ten coming from two fights) in that span, meaning he’s been
just a completely invisible presence on the ice. Not what Trotz is
looking for heading into the playoffs.
Perhaps a surprise scratch
will have the same effect on Tootoo that it did for Sean Avery.
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 0
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 3
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 17
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 4
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11
- Video: Coyotes defeat Oilers with 0.3 seconds remaining in OT 3
- It’s ‘unlikely’ Duncan Keith has the mumps, says Blackhawks coach 3
- Bjugstad scores the winner as Panthers, Capitals make history with 20-round shootout 21
- Yep, Beau Bennett has the mumps 24
- (Video) PHT Extra: Would the Oilers really trade Taylor Hall? 11