Apr 3, 2010, 9:30 AM EDT
After all these years, never question Barry Trotz’ decision making.
He’s earned the benefit of the doubt.
Jordin Tootoo, just months removed from signing a two-year contract
extension, was scratched on Thursday against the St. Louis Blues which
was surprising considering the physical approach the Blues take.
Trotz is happy with his decision, according
to Bryan Mullen of The Tennessean:
“St. Louis was bringing more elements to the game than he
was,” Trotz said. “I expect him to be better in his game. It was a
decision based on what St. Louis put in their lineup. For me it was the
right decision. We won the hockey game.”
just three points in the past month, but he also has just 18 penalty
minutes (ten coming from two fights) in that span, meaning he’s been
just a completely invisible presence on the ice. Not what Trotz is
looking for heading into the playoffs.
Perhaps a surprise scratch
will have the same effect on Tootoo that it did for Sean Avery.
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 28
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 26
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 13
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 78
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 5
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Ruff blasts Dallas for playing ‘garbage hockey’ vs. Flyers 7
- Schwartz’s first career hat trick leads Blues past Coyotes 2
- Giroux nets OT winner as Flyers top Stars 3
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)