Apr 3, 2010, 9:30 AM EDT
After all these years, never question Barry Trotz’ decision making.
He’s earned the benefit of the doubt.
Jordin Tootoo, just months removed from signing a two-year contract
extension, was scratched on Thursday against the St. Louis Blues which
was surprising considering the physical approach the Blues take.
Trotz is happy with his decision, according
to Bryan Mullen of The Tennessean:
“St. Louis was bringing more elements to the game than he
was,” Trotz said. “I expect him to be better in his game. It was a
decision based on what St. Louis put in their lineup. For me it was the
right decision. We won the hockey game.”
just three points in the past month, but he also has just 18 penalty
minutes (ten coming from two fights) in that span, meaning he’s been
just a completely invisible presence on the ice. Not what Trotz is
looking for heading into the playoffs.
Perhaps a surprise scratch
will have the same effect on Tootoo that it did for Sean Avery.
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 11
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 56
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 7
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 30
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 46
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 21
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (62)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (46)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)