Apr 3, 2010, 8:04 PM EDT
Dennis Seidenberg left Boston’s game against Toronto after suffering a serious cut on his wrist. No word on his condition just yet, but we’ll keep an eye on the situation as it develops. Seidenberg earned my admiration (and the nickname “Pain Sponge” which now has some tragic irony) for leading the league in blocked shots as well as checks received.
The Bruins have dealt with all kinds of injury problems this season. From all the problems Marc Savard had to minor injuries for players like Milan Lucic, the team seemingly has had no luck after having almost everything go their way last season.
Again, we’ll keep an eye on the situation as we hear more. One thing we know for sure is that he won’t return to tonight’s game against the Maple Leafs.
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 0
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 12
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 10
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)