Apr 3, 2010, 8:04 PM EDT
Dennis Seidenberg left Boston’s game against Toronto after suffering a serious cut on his wrist. No word on his condition just yet, but we’ll keep an eye on the situation as it develops. Seidenberg earned my admiration (and the nickname “Pain Sponge” which now has some tragic irony) for leading the league in blocked shots as well as checks received.
The Bruins have dealt with all kinds of injury problems this season. From all the problems Marc Savard had to minor injuries for players like Milan Lucic, the team seemingly has had no luck after having almost everything go their way last season.
Again, we’ll keep an eye on the situation as we hear more. One thing we know for sure is that he won’t return to tonight’s game against the Maple Leafs.
- After prepping for three years, Franson excited to test free agency 1
- Sabres’ Kane (shoulder) ‘ahead of schedule’ with recovery 10
- Lightning ‘answer the challenge’ in Game 7 to reach Stanley Cup Final 34
- Vigneault: McDonagh was playing with a broken foot 16
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers 76
- The Ducks got Kesler for a game like Saturday’s 32
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 58
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 14
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 46
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 18
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (77)
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers (76)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win (58)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)