Apr 3, 2010, 8:04 PM EDT
Dennis Seidenberg left Boston’s game against Toronto after suffering a serious cut on his wrist. No word on his condition just yet, but we’ll keep an eye on the situation as it develops. Seidenberg earned my admiration (and the nickname “Pain Sponge” which now has some tragic irony) for leading the league in blocked shots as well as checks received.
The Bruins have dealt with all kinds of injury problems this season. From all the problems Marc Savard had to minor injuries for players like Milan Lucic, the team seemingly has had no luck after having almost everything go their way last season.
Again, we’ll keep an eye on the situation as we hear more. One thing we know for sure is that he won’t return to tonight’s game against the Maple Leafs.
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 3
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 26
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 42
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)