Apr 3, 2010, 8:04 PM EDT
Dennis Seidenberg left Boston’s game against Toronto after suffering a serious cut on his wrist. No word on his condition just yet, but we’ll keep an eye on the situation as it develops. Seidenberg earned my admiration (and the nickname “Pain Sponge” which now has some tragic irony) for leading the league in blocked shots as well as checks received.
The Bruins have dealt with all kinds of injury problems this season. From all the problems Marc Savard had to minor injuries for players like Milan Lucic, the team seemingly has had no luck after having almost everything go their way last season.
Again, we’ll keep an eye on the situation as we hear more. One thing we know for sure is that he won’t return to tonight’s game against the Maple Leafs.
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 11
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 26
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 19
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 55
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 40