Apr 3, 2010, 8:04 PM EDT
Dennis Seidenberg left Boston’s game against Toronto after suffering a serious cut on his wrist. No word on his condition just yet, but we’ll keep an eye on the situation as it develops. Seidenberg earned my admiration (and the nickname “Pain Sponge” which now has some tragic irony) for leading the league in blocked shots as well as checks received.
The Bruins have dealt with all kinds of injury problems this season. From all the problems Marc Savard had to minor injuries for players like Milan Lucic, the team seemingly has had no luck after having almost everything go their way last season.
Again, we’ll keep an eye on the situation as we hear more. One thing we know for sure is that he won’t return to tonight’s game against the Maple Leafs.
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 9
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 4
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 20
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime 91
- Sens’ Anderson continues to haunt Habs, forces Game 6 10
- Price, Dubnyk, Rinne are Vezina Trophy finalists 16
- Chicago to start Darling in Game 6 17
- Chiarelli named Oilers’ GM and president of hockey ops 35
- Weber out for remainder of series, but ‘did not suffer an ACL injury’ 6
- Report: Oilers’ Lowe removed from Hockey Ops role 19
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (174)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (98)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (93)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (89)