Apr 2, 2010, 10:04 PM EDT
The Chicago Blackhawks secured some important two points, as they are
once again right in the middle of the battle for the top spot in the
West. As I write this, San Jose is currently tied with Minnesota 2-2
headed into the 2nd intermission, so Chicago narrowing it down to a
one-point deficit could be short lived.
The ‘Hawks nearly lost
another close one, however as their powerful offense once again had
trouble putting pucks in the net. Of course, taking on the Devils and
Brodeur is never the best way to get your offense back on track.
to Kris Versteeg’s goal with 26 seconds left in regulation, the
Blackhawks were able to send the game into overtime. The Hawks
eventually won in the shootout, with Jonathan Toews netting the
Have I mentioned how much I hate that the shootout is
deciding these incredibly important games at the end of the season?
goal isn’t exactly the most interesting aspect of the win. Amazingly,
there were zero penalties called the entire game, the first time that
has happened in the NHL since March 28, 2001 when Boston and Toronto
played without heading to the sin bin.
With the way the referees
have been blowing their whistles this season, it’s amazing to think that
neither team did anything close to resembling something illegal in
order to draw the ire of Paul Devorksi and Greg Kimmerly.
we’re just getting a taste of how the refs are preparing for the
playoffs, where they’ll allow the players to just, you know, play?
Somehow I doubt it.
- Byfuglien to have phone hearing for Miller cross-check 11
- Patrick Kane is practicing today 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers won’t fool with Penguins on Rivalry Night 17
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 58
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 32
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 9
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 18
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 48
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 22