Apr 2, 2010, 10:04 PM EDT
The Chicago Blackhawks secured some important two points, as they are
once again right in the middle of the battle for the top spot in the
West. As I write this, San Jose is currently tied with Minnesota 2-2
headed into the 2nd intermission, so Chicago narrowing it down to a
one-point deficit could be short lived.
The ‘Hawks nearly lost
another close one, however as their powerful offense once again had
trouble putting pucks in the net. Of course, taking on the Devils and
Brodeur is never the best way to get your offense back on track.
to Kris Versteeg’s goal with 26 seconds left in regulation, the
Blackhawks were able to send the game into overtime. The Hawks
eventually won in the shootout, with Jonathan Toews netting the
Have I mentioned how much I hate that the shootout is
deciding these incredibly important games at the end of the season?
goal isn’t exactly the most interesting aspect of the win. Amazingly,
there were zero penalties called the entire game, the first time that
has happened in the NHL since March 28, 2001 when Boston and Toronto
played without heading to the sin bin.
With the way the referees
have been blowing their whistles this season, it’s amazing to think that
neither team did anything close to resembling something illegal in
order to draw the ire of Paul Devorksi and Greg Kimmerly.
we’re just getting a taste of how the refs are preparing for the
playoffs, where they’ll allow the players to just, you know, play?
Somehow I doubt it.
- Kucherov isn’t going to ‘cry’ about Kronwall hit 9
- Nothing but Kuznetsov: Caps best Isles in Game 7 18
- Not done yet: Lightning earn Game 7 against Red Wings 5
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 27
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 16
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 76
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 8
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 51
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 13
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (99)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)