Apr 2, 2010, 10:04 PM EST
The Chicago Blackhawks secured some important two points, as they are
once again right in the middle of the battle for the top spot in the
West. As I write this, San Jose is currently tied with Minnesota 2-2
headed into the 2nd intermission, so Chicago narrowing it down to a
one-point deficit could be short lived.
The ‘Hawks nearly lost
another close one, however as their powerful offense once again had
trouble putting pucks in the net. Of course, taking on the Devils and
Brodeur is never the best way to get your offense back on track.
to Kris Versteeg’s goal with 26 seconds left in regulation, the
Blackhawks were able to send the game into overtime. The Hawks
eventually won in the shootout, with Jonathan Toews netting the
Have I mentioned how much I hate that the shootout is
deciding these incredibly important games at the end of the season?
goal isn’t exactly the most interesting aspect of the win. Amazingly,
there were zero penalties called the entire game, the first time that
has happened in the NHL since March 28, 2001 when Boston and Toronto
played without heading to the sin bin.
With the way the referees
have been blowing their whistles this season, it’s amazing to think that
neither team did anything close to resembling something illegal in
order to draw the ire of Paul Devorksi and Greg Kimmerly.
we’re just getting a taste of how the refs are preparing for the
playoffs, where they’ll allow the players to just, you know, play?
Somehow I doubt it.
- Criticism spreads to GM Lou Lamoriello after Devils fire DeBoer 0
- Eichel earns assist and scores in shootout as U.S. squeaks by Finland 1
- Canada enters World Juniors as 11/10 favorite; USA next at 9/4 1
- Devils fire DeBoer 20
- More mumps: Downie and Greiss test positive 3
- Orpik reflects on ‘outside pressure’ in Pittsburgh 18
- Canada tabs Fucale for WJC opener 0
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 10
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)