Apr 2, 2010, 10:04 PM EDT
The Chicago Blackhawks secured some important two points, as they are
once again right in the middle of the battle for the top spot in the
West. As I write this, San Jose is currently tied with Minnesota 2-2
headed into the 2nd intermission, so Chicago narrowing it down to a
one-point deficit could be short lived.
The ‘Hawks nearly lost
another close one, however as their powerful offense once again had
trouble putting pucks in the net. Of course, taking on the Devils and
Brodeur is never the best way to get your offense back on track.
to Kris Versteeg’s goal with 26 seconds left in regulation, the
Blackhawks were able to send the game into overtime. The Hawks
eventually won in the shootout, with Jonathan Toews netting the
Have I mentioned how much I hate that the shootout is
deciding these incredibly important games at the end of the season?
goal isn’t exactly the most interesting aspect of the win. Amazingly,
there were zero penalties called the entire game, the first time that
has happened in the NHL since March 28, 2001 when Boston and Toronto
played without heading to the sin bin.
With the way the referees
have been blowing their whistles this season, it’s amazing to think that
neither team did anything close to resembling something illegal in
order to draw the ire of Paul Devorksi and Greg Kimmerly.
we’re just getting a taste of how the refs are preparing for the
playoffs, where they’ll allow the players to just, you know, play?
Somehow I doubt it.
- Stars win one night after Peverley collapse, give Miller first Blues loss 1
- Crosby, Pens continue recent dominance of Ovechkin, Caps 17
- Terry Trafford’s body found in Michigan on Tuesday 8
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 16
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 57
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 11
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 27
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 19
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (69)
- Flyers’ Luke Schenn on first-period brawl: ‘That’s the way it goes’ (57)