Apr 1, 2010, 6:15 PM EDT
Once again, there’s a playoff impact (either big or small) for every one of tonight’s games. There are four that stand out as being more interesting, though, so we’ll focus on those.
Vancouver Canucks (46-26-4, 96 pts) at Los Angeles Kings (43-27-6, 92 pts) 10:30 PM ET
I have to admit, I’m starting to wonder if Vancouver is the team that is best equipped for a deep playoff run in the West since they have a little bit of everything. The Kings, on the other hand, are a solid but not-quite-there-yet club that still needs to ensure its place in the playoffs.
Atlanta Thrashers (34-31-12, 80 pts) at Washington Capitals (49-15-12, 110 pts) 7 PM ET
The Capitals can be excused for being vaguely disinterested in this one since they already wrapped up the top spot in the East. The Thrashers have to feel good about their chances since they’re only two points behind the bottom three playoff teams in the East. Of course, we’re all aware of their murderous final five games, though.
St. Louis Blues (37-30-9, 83 pts) at Nashville Predators (44-28-6, 94 pts) 8 PM ET
The Blues are heating up right now, winning three in a row, but they would need to win their next six games and get a lot of breaks to get into the playoffs. I’m hoping that I didn’t put the whammy on the Predators, who were scratching and clawing to an 8-1-1 record before I praised them as a dark horse candidate. Then again, 8-2-1 isn’t too bad either, right?
Carolina Hurricanes (33-35-9, 75 pts) at Ottawa Senators (42-30-5, 89 pts) 7:30 PM ET
The Senators are on the verge of clinching a spot in the playoffs while the Hurricanes are hoping for a miraculous last second run into the post-season. Both teams are playing pretty well right now, with Ottawa especially hot on a five game winning streak.
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead 22
- Video: Jets fans celebrate return of playoff hockey with whiteout in Winnipeg 3
- Would McLellan like to coach McDavid? ‘You can have the best player and still not have the best team’ 20
- Burrows’ instigator suspension rescinded, allowed to play Game 4 24
- No hearing scheduled for Hamhuis after Bennett headshot 13
- Sharks and McLellan have ‘mutually agreed’ to part ways 50
- Desperate Jets will ‘lean on’ their crowd tonight 19
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 16
- Video: More late-game nastiness between Flames, Canucks 17
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (171)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)