Apr 1, 2010, 1:00 AM EDT
We put a lot of content on this blog each day, and we understand it can be a bit tough to keep track of everything. So at the end of the day we’ll put up a nightly recap of all of that day’s news. Presenting the Pro Hockey Talk Nightcap:
Predators grinding through a brutal March – Grinding is what they do best in Smashville. No, wait…
Burrows says Coyotes would love Winnipeg – Coyotes fans are now big fans of Stephane Auger.
Ville Leino feeling confident in Philly – Detroit fans asking, “Where was this before?”
Chicago needs to raise its level of concern – Antti Niemi then later on went and told us to get our shine box.
Edmonton Oilers “earn” right to draft Hall or Seguin – Oh they earned it all right. The hard way.
USA Hockey names its 2010 under-18 team – See who will beat Canada for gold in the future now. USA! USA! USA!
Calgary Flames should fire the Sutter brothers – Not to point fingers here but…
Taylor Hall, Tyler Seguin among Combine invitees – Guess which one is the future Oiler.
Caption contest: John Tavares gets pinched – Win a free fake dinner on James.
Getting to know Hobey Baker Award finalists – They’re the best players you haven’t heard of until now.
Inside Henrik Sedin’s assist-filled season – Daniel feels all the pride though.
Happy Birthday to Gordie Howe – And he celebrates by pulling a sweater over his sons’ heads.
Eastern Conference Playoff Spoilers – Who knew the Leafs would be a factor?!
Nervous About Nabokov – Because the Sharks need another scapegoat in the playoffs.
Avalanche Playoff Hopes Under Fire – Since they’re being chased by the Flames. Ahh, puns.
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 2
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 5
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 30
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 13
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)