Apr 1, 2010, 10:00 AM EDT
There were some great candidates for goal of the night last night (check out Scott Niedermayer threading the needle and Brent Sutters’ great breakaway tally on NHL.com for sure), but none matched the courage and timing of Brian Sutherby’s pass to set up one of Steve Ott’s goals. He was absolutely pulverized by Doug Murray right after he let go of the puck. I haven’t seen someone take one for the team like that since (insert tasteless wingman joke).
Ott ended up scoring his first career hat trick in a dominant 5-1 Dallas win, so I’d say that it was a fairly meaningful setup, overall.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5
- Wild assistant Sydor arrested for suspected drunk driving, child endangerment 30