Apr 1, 2010, 10:00 AM EST
There were some great candidates for goal of the night last night (check out Scott Niedermayer threading the needle and Brent Sutters’ great breakaway tally on NHL.com for sure), but none matched the courage and timing of Brian Sutherby’s pass to set up one of Steve Ott’s goals. He was absolutely pulverized by Doug Murray right after he let go of the puck. I haven’t seen someone take one for the team like that since (insert tasteless wingman joke).
Ott ended up scoring his first career hat trick in a dominant 5-1 Dallas win, so I’d say that it was a fairly meaningful setup, overall.
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 5
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 3
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 9
- Video: Coyotes defeat Oilers with 0.3 seconds remaining in OT 3
- It’s ‘unlikely’ Duncan Keith has the mumps, says Blackhawks coach 3
- Bjugstad scores the winner as Panthers, Capitals make history with 20-round shootout 20
- Yep, Beau Bennett has the mumps 24
- (Video) PHT Extra: Would the Oilers really trade Taylor Hall? 11
- Russia’s economic crisis causing big trouble for KHL 56
- Eakins calls for patience in Edmonton, whether fans ‘like it or not’ 15