Mar 31, 2010, 12:40 AM EST
We put a lot of content on this blog each day, and we understand it can be a bit tough to keep track of everything. So at the end of the day we’ll put up a nightly recap of all of that day’s news. Presenting the Pro Hockey Talk Nightcap:
Penguins sign Kris Letang to four year extension – $3.5 million per year seems mostly reasonable for the young offensive defenseman.
Carcillo to have hearing with NHL today- Prelude to the suspension.
Does Letang’s contract mean Gonchar leaves Pens? – My guess is: yes, it does mean that.
Josh Harding likely done for season with hip injury- Harding is one of the league’s most reliable backups.
Will Jere Lehtinen return next season?- It’s been a rough couple years for Lehtinen, so I don’t know.
NHL Playoffs Update: No one wants 8th spot – You mean the right to lose to Washington?
Dallas Stars sign Yale’s Sean Backman – Hey, it’s Hockey Joe’s first post! Hooray!
Coyotes take aim at top seed in West- They have a decent shot at the Pacific (and therefore, most likely, the top spot.)
NHL suspends Dan Carcillo two games – He certainly deserved it.
Thrashers reload with Pavelec in goal – The little-known goalie has had flashes of brilliance this year.
Brian Burke’s cathartic Afghanistan trip – You have to feel for the Leafs’ general manager.
Rocky Wirtz (barely) wins Bertuzzday III: Not as exciting as the Cooke or Ovechkin debates.
Alex Ovechkin tops Crosby in players’ poll: This also includes some other interesting results.
Boston Bruins at Washington Capitals: April 11 Game of the Week: Could be a big one for Boston.
Pekka Rinne, Nashville Predators are sneaky-hot: I think I might have jinxed them though. Sorry guys.
Sergei Gonchar could help Caps, Devils, others in 10-11: I doubt he’ll be back in Pittsburgh, sadly enough.
Vote for Bertuzzday IV: Do it!
Andrew Peters is a source of Devils’ frustration: Great stuff from John of In Lou We Trust.
Again, the Bruins need to go with Tuukka Rask: Seriously, guys.
Ryan Kesler’s hit on Derek Morris earns misconduct – Still not totally sure how I feel about that situation.
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 17
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 82
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (68)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)