Mar 31, 2010, 12:40 AM EDT
We put a lot of content on this blog each day, and we understand it can be a bit tough to keep track of everything. So at the end of the day we’ll put up a nightly recap of all of that day’s news. Presenting the Pro Hockey Talk Nightcap:
Penguins sign Kris Letang to four year extension - $3.5 million per year seems mostly reasonable for the young offensive defenseman.
Carcillo to have hearing with NHL today- Prelude to the suspension.
Does Letang’s contract mean Gonchar leaves Pens? - My guess is: yes, it does mean that.
Josh Harding likely done for season with hip injury- Harding is one of the league’s most reliable backups.
Will Jere Lehtinen return next season?- It’s been a rough couple years for Lehtinen, so I don’t know.
NHL Playoffs Update: No one wants 8th spot - You mean the right to lose to Washington?
Dallas Stars sign Yale’s Sean Backman - Hey, it’s Hockey Joe’s first post! Hooray!
Coyotes take aim at top seed in West- They have a decent shot at the Pacific (and therefore, most likely, the top spot.)
NHL suspends Dan Carcillo two games - He certainly deserved it.
Thrashers reload with Pavelec in goal - The little-known goalie has had flashes of brilliance this year.
Brian Burke’s cathartic Afghanistan trip - You have to feel for the Leafs’ general manager.
Rocky Wirtz (barely) wins Bertuzzday III: Not as exciting as the Cooke or Ovechkin debates.
Alex Ovechkin tops Crosby in players’ poll: This also includes some other interesting results.
Boston Bruins at Washington Capitals: April 11 Game of the Week: Could be a big one for Boston.
Pekka Rinne, Nashville Predators are sneaky-hot: I think I might have jinxed them though. Sorry guys.
Sergei Gonchar could help Caps, Devils, others in 10-11: I doubt he’ll be back in Pittsburgh, sadly enough.
Vote for Bertuzzday IV: Do it!
Andrew Peters is a source of Devils’ frustration: Great stuff from John of In Lou We Trust.
Again, the Bruins need to go with Tuukka Rask: Seriously, guys.
Ryan Kesler’s hit on Derek Morris earns misconduct – Still not totally sure how I feel about that situation.
- Video: Stamkos scores first goal since returning to Lightning lineup 1
- Sedin backs Tortorella and staff: ‘We love playing for these coaches’ 19
- Here are three ‘major changes’ the NHL should consider 91
- Callahan: I wanted to stay in New York 35
- Playoff bubble watch — Wild edition 18
- Video: Ryan Kesler injured on knee-on-knee collision, on his way back to Vancouver 12
- Discuss: Bruins run over Habs in newest chapter of historic rivalry 26
- Peverley to undergo heart procedure, will miss rest of season 13
- Comeau gets two games for boarding Smith 9
- Three things the Canucks haven’t done well under Torts 22
- Here are three ‘major changes’ the NHL should consider (91)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (74)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (72)
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter (61)
- Video: Dryden on why hockey should ‘give up the fighting, but keep the fight’ (57)