Mar 31, 2010, 12:40 AM EDT
We put a lot of content on this blog each day, and we understand it can be a bit tough to keep track of everything. So at the end of the day we’ll put up a nightly recap of all of that day’s news. Presenting the Pro Hockey Talk Nightcap:
Penguins sign Kris Letang to four year extension – $3.5 million per year seems mostly reasonable for the young offensive defenseman.
Carcillo to have hearing with NHL today– Prelude to the suspension.
Does Letang’s contract mean Gonchar leaves Pens? – My guess is: yes, it does mean that.
Josh Harding likely done for season with hip injury– Harding is one of the league’s most reliable backups.
Will Jere Lehtinen return next season?– It’s been a rough couple years for Lehtinen, so I don’t know.
NHL Playoffs Update: No one wants 8th spot – You mean the right to lose to Washington?
Dallas Stars sign Yale’s Sean Backman – Hey, it’s Hockey Joe’s first post! Hooray!
Coyotes take aim at top seed in West– They have a decent shot at the Pacific (and therefore, most likely, the top spot.)
NHL suspends Dan Carcillo two games – He certainly deserved it.
Thrashers reload with Pavelec in goal – The little-known goalie has had flashes of brilliance this year.
Brian Burke’s cathartic Afghanistan trip – You have to feel for the Leafs’ general manager.
Rocky Wirtz (barely) wins Bertuzzday III: Not as exciting as the Cooke or Ovechkin debates.
Alex Ovechkin tops Crosby in players’ poll: This also includes some other interesting results.
Boston Bruins at Washington Capitals: April 11 Game of the Week: Could be a big one for Boston.
Pekka Rinne, Nashville Predators are sneaky-hot: I think I might have jinxed them though. Sorry guys.
Sergei Gonchar could help Caps, Devils, others in 10-11: I doubt he’ll be back in Pittsburgh, sadly enough.
Vote for Bertuzzday IV: Do it!
Andrew Peters is a source of Devils’ frustration: Great stuff from John of In Lou We Trust.
Again, the Bruins need to go with Tuukka Rask: Seriously, guys.
Ryan Kesler’s hit on Derek Morris earns misconduct – Still not totally sure how I feel about that situation.
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 22
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 21
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 33
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 20
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 53
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- Deal with the Devils: New Jersey re-signs Larsson to six-year contract 14
- Stepan seeks $7.25M in arbitration, Rangers counter at $5.2M 24
- Post expansion, could NHL realign with eight divisions? (138)
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (67)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)