Mar 31, 2010, 12:40 AM EDT
We put a lot of content on this blog each day, and we understand it can be a bit tough to keep track of everything. So at the end of the day we’ll put up a nightly recap of all of that day’s news. Presenting the Pro Hockey Talk Nightcap:
Penguins sign Kris Letang to four year extension – $3.5 million per year seems mostly reasonable for the young offensive defenseman.
Carcillo to have hearing with NHL today– Prelude to the suspension.
Does Letang’s contract mean Gonchar leaves Pens? – My guess is: yes, it does mean that.
Josh Harding likely done for season with hip injury– Harding is one of the league’s most reliable backups.
Will Jere Lehtinen return next season?– It’s been a rough couple years for Lehtinen, so I don’t know.
NHL Playoffs Update: No one wants 8th spot – You mean the right to lose to Washington?
Dallas Stars sign Yale’s Sean Backman – Hey, it’s Hockey Joe’s first post! Hooray!
Coyotes take aim at top seed in West– They have a decent shot at the Pacific (and therefore, most likely, the top spot.)
NHL suspends Dan Carcillo two games – He certainly deserved it.
Thrashers reload with Pavelec in goal – The little-known goalie has had flashes of brilliance this year.
Brian Burke’s cathartic Afghanistan trip – You have to feel for the Leafs’ general manager.
Rocky Wirtz (barely) wins Bertuzzday III: Not as exciting as the Cooke or Ovechkin debates.
Alex Ovechkin tops Crosby in players’ poll: This also includes some other interesting results.
Boston Bruins at Washington Capitals: April 11 Game of the Week: Could be a big one for Boston.
Pekka Rinne, Nashville Predators are sneaky-hot: I think I might have jinxed them though. Sorry guys.
Sergei Gonchar could help Caps, Devils, others in 10-11: I doubt he’ll be back in Pittsburgh, sadly enough.
Vote for Bertuzzday IV: Do it!
Andrew Peters is a source of Devils’ frustration: Great stuff from John of In Lou We Trust.
Again, the Bruins need to go with Tuukka Rask: Seriously, guys.
Ryan Kesler’s hit on Derek Morris earns misconduct – Still not totally sure how I feel about that situation.
- Andre’s gigantic game: Caps push Rangers to the brink 33
- Quick strike: Lightning steal Game 3 from Habs with last-second goal 17
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Canada fights back to beat Sweden at worlds 18
- NHL hockey ops explains no-goal call 46
- Jack Adams Award finalists to be announced tonight 4
- Video: Flames stun Ducks in OT to get back in the series 10
- Video: Controversial no-goal call on Flames 15
- Video: Crawford, Kane help Blackhawks push Wild to brink of elimination 53
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 1
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (103)
- ‘You can’t win,’ ex-NHL ref Fraser says of Prust incident (83)
- New York second: Capitals stun Rangers for 1-0 series lead (76)
- Red Wings’ Devellano calls Mantha ‘very, very, very disappointing’ (67)
- Lundqvist thinks Backstrom’s hit caused Rangers to lose focus before game-winning goal (63)