Mar 31, 2010, 12:40 AM EDT
We put a lot of content on this blog each day, and we understand it can be a bit tough to keep track of everything. So at the end of the day we’ll put up a nightly recap of all of that day’s news. Presenting the Pro Hockey Talk Nightcap:
Penguins sign Kris Letang to four year extension – $3.5 million per year seems mostly reasonable for the young offensive defenseman.
Carcillo to have hearing with NHL today- Prelude to the suspension.
Does Letang’s contract mean Gonchar leaves Pens? – My guess is: yes, it does mean that.
Josh Harding likely done for season with hip injury- Harding is one of the league’s most reliable backups.
Will Jere Lehtinen return next season?- It’s been a rough couple years for Lehtinen, so I don’t know.
NHL Playoffs Update: No one wants 8th spot – You mean the right to lose to Washington?
Dallas Stars sign Yale’s Sean Backman – Hey, it’s Hockey Joe’s first post! Hooray!
Coyotes take aim at top seed in West- They have a decent shot at the Pacific (and therefore, most likely, the top spot.)
NHL suspends Dan Carcillo two games – He certainly deserved it.
Thrashers reload with Pavelec in goal – The little-known goalie has had flashes of brilliance this year.
Brian Burke’s cathartic Afghanistan trip – You have to feel for the Leafs’ general manager.
Rocky Wirtz (barely) wins Bertuzzday III: Not as exciting as the Cooke or Ovechkin debates.
Alex Ovechkin tops Crosby in players’ poll: This also includes some other interesting results.
Boston Bruins at Washington Capitals: April 11 Game of the Week: Could be a big one for Boston.
Pekka Rinne, Nashville Predators are sneaky-hot: I think I might have jinxed them though. Sorry guys.
Sergei Gonchar could help Caps, Devils, others in 10-11: I doubt he’ll be back in Pittsburgh, sadly enough.
Vote for Bertuzzday IV: Do it!
Andrew Peters is a source of Devils’ frustration: Great stuff from John of In Lou We Trust.
Again, the Bruins need to go with Tuukka Rask: Seriously, guys.
Ryan Kesler’s hit on Derek Morris earns misconduct – Still not totally sure how I feel about that situation.
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 4
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 11
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 62
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 33
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 22
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 31
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (62)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)
- Arena deal in jeopardy? Glendale mayor requests investigation into ‘clear violation’ of state law (42)
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal (42)