Mar 31, 2010, 10:30 AM EDT
The rumors are swirling about a possible move by the Phoenix Coyotes back to Winnipeg, and while it looks like it’s still a far off option there’s bound to be some chatter within NHL circles about a relocation.
What you never really get in the player’s perspective in all this; after all, they’re just paid to play the game and generally are shipped around anyways.
But The Province was able to get this quote from Alex Burrows, who played 134 games with the Manitoba Moose.
“I have nothing bad to say about the organization, the rink — the
fans are unreal, everything is great,” said Alex Burrows.
“As far as a city,
I’d tell people it’s really cold, you’re not going to eat at those nice,
fancy, five-star restaurants, [and] your wife will definitely not enjoy
“That’s what I would tell them.”
Now I’ve never been to Winnipeg personally, but I’ve heard the residents and the atmosphere are great. It’s still a relatively ‘quaint’ city, but I doubt it’s as bad as Burrows says. I guess living in Vancouver can tend to make you a bit jaded when it comes to the “shopping culture”.
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 8
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 17
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 25
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 16
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- NHL-to-Vegas talks gaining steam (68)
- Report: Bruins need to make a trade (61)
- Sounds like San Jose handled stripping Thornton’s captaincy really well (43)
- Fanspeak: Mats Sundin voted greatest Maple Leaf in franchise history (43)
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history (41)