Mar 31, 2010, 10:30 AM EDT
The rumors are swirling about a possible move by the Phoenix Coyotes back to Winnipeg, and while it looks like it’s still a far off option there’s bound to be some chatter within NHL circles about a relocation.
What you never really get in the player’s perspective in all this; after all, they’re just paid to play the game and generally are shipped around anyways.
But The Province was able to get this quote from Alex Burrows, who played 134 games with the Manitoba Moose.
“I have nothing bad to say about the organization, the rink — the
fans are unreal, everything is great,” said Alex Burrows.
“As far as a city,
I’d tell people it’s really cold, you’re not going to eat at those nice,
fancy, five-star restaurants, [and] your wife will definitely not enjoy
“That’s what I would tell them.”
Now I’ve never been to Winnipeg personally, but I’ve heard the residents and the atmosphere are great. It’s still a relatively ‘quaint’ city, but I doubt it’s as bad as Burrows says. I guess living in Vancouver can tend to make you a bit jaded when it comes to the “shopping culture”.
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 0
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 5
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 37
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 25
- Pressing question: Can the Blues get back on track? 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension 90
- Sabres, Panthers have best odds for 2014 NHL draft lottery 16
- Leafs ‘lack an identity,’ says Leiweke 30
- On the hot seat: McPhee will ‘talk in a couple of days’ 21
- Bruins are 7/2 favorites to win the Stanley Cup; Blues next at 6/1 49
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (90)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- Halak’s agent ‘bewildered’ by Oates’ remarks prior to Blues game (51)
- Here’s the schedule for the first round of the 2014 playoffs (51)