Mar 31, 2010, 10:30 AM EST
The rumors are swirling about a possible move by the Phoenix Coyotes back to Winnipeg, and while it looks like it’s still a far off option there’s bound to be some chatter within NHL circles about a relocation.
What you never really get in the player’s perspective in all this; after all, they’re just paid to play the game and generally are shipped around anyways.
But The Province was able to get this quote from Alex Burrows, who played 134 games with the Manitoba Moose.
“I have nothing bad to say about the organization, the rink — the
fans are unreal, everything is great,” said Alex Burrows.
“As far as a city,
I’d tell people it’s really cold, you’re not going to eat at those nice,
fancy, five-star restaurants, [and] your wife will definitely not enjoy
“That’s what I would tell them.”
Now I’ve never been to Winnipeg personally, but I’ve heard the residents and the atmosphere are great. It’s still a relatively ‘quaint’ city, but I doubt it’s as bad as Burrows says. I guess living in Vancouver can tend to make you a bit jaded when it comes to the “shopping culture”.
- Update: Ryan Callahan out 4-6 weeks with MCL sprain 6
- Ovechkin wills Caps to stunning shootout win vs. Bolts 48
- Bettman: No decision on expansion, but they’re listening 12
- Neal admits kneeing Marchand was ‘not the smartest decision’ 70
- Leafs captain Phaneuf suspended two games for boarding 37
- Rangers confirm Staal suffered concussion 8
- Winnipeg to get outdoor game; Phoenix wants one 33
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 156
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 104
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 136
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (137)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)