Mar 31, 2010, 10:30 AM EDT
The rumors are swirling about a possible move by the Phoenix Coyotes back to Winnipeg, and while it looks like it’s still a far off option there’s bound to be some chatter within NHL circles about a relocation.
What you never really get in the player’s perspective in all this; after all, they’re just paid to play the game and generally are shipped around anyways.
But The Province was able to get this quote from Alex Burrows, who played 134 games with the Manitoba Moose.
“I have nothing bad to say about the organization, the rink — the
fans are unreal, everything is great,” said Alex Burrows.
“As far as a city,
I’d tell people it’s really cold, you’re not going to eat at those nice,
fancy, five-star restaurants, [and] your wife will definitely not enjoy
“That’s what I would tell them.”
Now I’ve never been to Winnipeg personally, but I’ve heard the residents and the atmosphere are great. It’s still a relatively ‘quaint’ city, but I doubt it’s as bad as Burrows says. I guess living in Vancouver can tend to make you a bit jaded when it comes to the “shopping culture”.
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 4
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 16
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 20
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 11
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 12
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 33
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 31
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 66
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)