Mar 30, 2010, 9:15 PM EDT
Bertuzzday part IV may be a barometer for the fledgling award. The NHL is providing a steady stream of boneheaded moments, but it’s up to you – the readers – to let us know if you enjoy voting for this silly award of shame. So voice your opinion by voting and telling your friends (and enemies?) to cast their votes as well.
First, the last three winners.
Now, let’s take a look at the contestants.
Daniel Carcillo: Let’s face it, “CarcilLOL” is kind of a knucklehead. Here is video of the high-sticking act that netted him a two game suspension.
Jim Playfair: The former Flames coach absolutely lost his mind (and some money) in an act that had many wondering if he was going to turn green and appear in a pseudo intellectual Ang Lee movie. (That’s a lengthy way of saying he resembled The Incredible Hulk.)
Even I seem more mature when I throw a controller in an NHL ’10-related hissy fit. (Wait, I don’t? Oh.)
Patrick Eaves: Kudos to Eaves for self-deprecation but humility will only slightly help your cause when avoiding a Bertuzzday award. His shootout flub was pretty funny.
Los Angeles Kings: There are some serious worries that the Kings might slip out of the playoffs now that they’re on a four game losing streak (at least as of this writing). Considering the fact that they announced that they’d be wearing their facsimile Gretzky knock-offs in the playoffs before clinching a spot, this could be one of the most amusing self-jinx moments since Mark Cuban planned a Dallas Mavericks championship parade route only to see the team lose four in a row to the Miami Heat.
Mike Ribeiro-Patrik Berglund-Shane O’Brien three-head embarrassment monster: While Ribeiro was suspended for mysterious “disciplinary reasons,” Berglund and O’Brien missed practice because they overslept. You’d think these guys would be able to afford two alarm clocks, eh?
Other: As usual, write-in candidates are welcome.
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Western Conference Final Game 7 0
- After prepping for three years, Franson excited to test free agency 7
- Sabres’ Kane (shoulder) ‘ahead of schedule’ with recovery 17
- Lightning ‘answer the challenge’ in Game 7 to reach Stanley Cup Final 37
- Vigneault: McDonagh was playing with a broken foot 21
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers 76
- The Ducks got Kesler for a game like Saturday’s 32
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 58
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 14
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 46
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (77)
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers (76)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win (58)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)