Mar 30, 2010, 6:00 PM EDT
Tuesday’s games are full of intrigue. There are two games that didn’t make the top three that are fairly interesting, but it seems that we know more or less the fate of the Capitals-Senators and Blackhawks-Blues. Since profiling all of today’s nine games might be a bit much, here are the three best. Two of them have fairly huge ramifications.
(However, if you want a full schedule, click here.)
Today’s Best Games
Los Angeles Kings (42-27-6, 90 pts) at Nashville Predators (44-27-6, 94 pts) 8 PM ET
Nashville’s four-point lead over the Kings is misleading because the Predators have played two more games. This game is especially enormous for Los Angeles; they’ve lost four in a row and would have to start to sweat the Flames a bit if they don’t make it out of this one with at least a point. It’s not going to be easy as Nashville is quietly one of the league’s hottest teams at an impressive 8-1-1 in their last 10.
Boston Bruins (34-29-6, 80 pts) at New Jersey Devils (44-26-5, 93 pts) 7 PM ET
This game is big for both teams, even if they have wildly disparate ambitions. For the Bruins, they must continue to fight-and-claw simply to remain in the playoff hunt. The Devils can re-gain the Atlantic Division lead with a win. My money is on New Jersey in this one.
Phoenix Coyotes (47-23-6, 100 pts) at Vancouver Canucks (45-26-4, 94 pts) 10 PM ET
The Sharks’ lead over the Coyotes for the Pacific division is another deceptive four-point gap. Why? Because the two teams finish their seasons against each other. If Phoenix can make up 2-3 points in their remaining 5 games, that could give them an opportunity to take it. The Canucks are pretty much set at No. 3, so perhaps this one’s all about advancing Henrik Sedin’s Art Ross cause.
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; Blues tie it up in waning moments 92
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 2) 0
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 30
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 48
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 76
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 115
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 63