Mar 30, 2010, 6:00 PM EST
Tuesday’s games are full of intrigue. There are two games that didn’t make the top three that are fairly interesting, but it seems that we know more or less the fate of the Capitals-Senators and Blackhawks-Blues. Since profiling all of today’s nine games might be a bit much, here are the three best. Two of them have fairly huge ramifications.
(However, if you want a full schedule, click here.)
Today’s Best Games
Los Angeles Kings (42-27-6, 90 pts) at Nashville Predators (44-27-6, 94 pts) 8 PM ET
Nashville’s four-point lead over the Kings is misleading because the Predators have played two more games. This game is especially enormous for Los Angeles; they’ve lost four in a row and would have to start to sweat the Flames a bit if they don’t make it out of this one with at least a point. It’s not going to be easy as Nashville is quietly one of the league’s hottest teams at an impressive 8-1-1 in their last 10.
Boston Bruins (34-29-6, 80 pts) at New Jersey Devils (44-26-5, 93 pts) 7 PM ET
This game is big for both teams, even if they have wildly disparate ambitions. For the Bruins, they must continue to fight-and-claw simply to remain in the playoff hunt. The Devils can re-gain the Atlantic Division lead with a win. My money is on New Jersey in this one.
Phoenix Coyotes (47-23-6, 100 pts) at Vancouver Canucks (45-26-4, 94 pts) 10 PM ET
The Sharks’ lead over the Coyotes for the Pacific division is another deceptive four-point gap. Why? Because the two teams finish their seasons against each other. If Phoenix can make up 2-3 points in their remaining 5 games, that could give them an opportunity to take it. The Canucks are pretty much set at No. 3, so perhaps this one’s all about advancing Henrik Sedin’s Art Ross cause.
- Firing Dallas Eakins ‘would be so unfair,’ says Taylor Hall 6
- ‘It sucks for us, it sucks for the fans’: Oilers losing skid hits six games 3
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ 30
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 3
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 7
- Don Cherry on Leafs not saluting fans: ‘I couldn’t believe these guys would do something like this’ 14
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 5
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 10
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 86
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch 43
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (86)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)