Mar 30, 2010, 6:00 PM EST
Tuesday’s games are full of intrigue. There are two games that didn’t make the top three that are fairly interesting, but it seems that we know more or less the fate of the Capitals-Senators and Blackhawks-Blues. Since profiling all of today’s nine games might be a bit much, here are the three best. Two of them have fairly huge ramifications.
(However, if you want a full schedule, click here.)
Today’s Best Games
Los Angeles Kings (42-27-6, 90 pts) at Nashville Predators (44-27-6, 94 pts) 8 PM ET
Nashville’s four-point lead over the Kings is misleading because the Predators have played two more games. This game is especially enormous for Los Angeles; they’ve lost four in a row and would have to start to sweat the Flames a bit if they don’t make it out of this one with at least a point. It’s not going to be easy as Nashville is quietly one of the league’s hottest teams at an impressive 8-1-1 in their last 10.
Boston Bruins (34-29-6, 80 pts) at New Jersey Devils (44-26-5, 93 pts) 7 PM ET
This game is big for both teams, even if they have wildly disparate ambitions. For the Bruins, they must continue to fight-and-claw simply to remain in the playoff hunt. The Devils can re-gain the Atlantic Division lead with a win. My money is on New Jersey in this one.
Phoenix Coyotes (47-23-6, 100 pts) at Vancouver Canucks (45-26-4, 94 pts) 10 PM ET
The Sharks’ lead over the Coyotes for the Pacific division is another deceptive four-point gap. Why? Because the two teams finish their seasons against each other. If Phoenix can make up 2-3 points in their remaining 5 games, that could give them an opportunity to take it. The Canucks are pretty much set at No. 3, so perhaps this one’s all about advancing Henrik Sedin’s Art Ross cause.
- Byfuglien out 2-4 weeks with upper-body injury; Little hurt, too 9
- Bettman concedes there are ‘some members of the NHL family who would like to see fewer shootouts’ 48
- Season over: Avs lose MacKinnon to broken foot 19
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 20
- Bruins sign Krug and Smith to contract extensions 36
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 15
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 9
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 21
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 32