Mar 30, 2010, 6:00 PM EDT
Tuesday’s games are full of intrigue. There are two games that didn’t make the top three that are fairly interesting, but it seems that we know more or less the fate of the Capitals-Senators and Blackhawks-Blues. Since profiling all of today’s nine games might be a bit much, here are the three best. Two of them have fairly huge ramifications.
(However, if you want a full schedule, click here.)
Today’s Best Games
Los Angeles Kings (42-27-6, 90 pts) at Nashville Predators (44-27-6, 94 pts) 8 PM ET
Nashville’s four-point lead over the Kings is misleading because the Predators have played two more games. This game is especially enormous for Los Angeles; they’ve lost four in a row and would have to start to sweat the Flames a bit if they don’t make it out of this one with at least a point. It’s not going to be easy as Nashville is quietly one of the league’s hottest teams at an impressive 8-1-1 in their last 10.
Boston Bruins (34-29-6, 80 pts) at New Jersey Devils (44-26-5, 93 pts) 7 PM ET
This game is big for both teams, even if they have wildly disparate ambitions. For the Bruins, they must continue to fight-and-claw simply to remain in the playoff hunt. The Devils can re-gain the Atlantic Division lead with a win. My money is on New Jersey in this one.
Phoenix Coyotes (47-23-6, 100 pts) at Vancouver Canucks (45-26-4, 94 pts) 10 PM ET
The Sharks’ lead over the Coyotes for the Pacific division is another deceptive four-point gap. Why? Because the two teams finish their seasons against each other. If Phoenix can make up 2-3 points in their remaining 5 games, that could give them an opportunity to take it. The Canucks are pretty much set at No. 3, so perhaps this one’s all about advancing Henrik Sedin’s Art Ross cause.
- Andersen shuts out Flames as Ducks stay perfect in playoffs 0
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 7
- Wild can’t contain ‘Hawks star forwards in Game 2 18
- Stamkos, power play comes alive as Lightning take 2-0 series lead vs. Habs 27
- Video: Stamkos ends goal drought in style 9
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 9
- Rangers hang on, even series with Caps 55
- Video: Ovechkin splits ‘D’, scores while falling 32
- Flames’ Gaudreau wasn’t happy with benching in Game 1 2
- Video: Blackhawks hold off Wild to take series lead 23
- Niklas Kronwall suspended for Game 7 vs. Tampa Bay (116)
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (103)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb (81)
- Lightning’s Bishop silences Red Wings in hard fought Game 7 (81)