Mar 30, 2010, 1:00 PM EDT
The Dallas Stars announced the signing of free agent college forward Sean Backman from Yale University today.
Backman, a 5’8″ 165 pound forward may not stand very tall but his scoring numbers for the Bulldogs over his career speak for themselves as he’s scored 20+ goals the last two seasons and lead the team in scoring during his freshman and sophomore years. Backman’s career totals with Yale look pretty gaudy scoring 77 goals and 49 assists during his four years with the Ivy Leaguers.
If you’re wondering what kind of numbers Backman put up for Yale during the NCAA Tournament this year, you can stop checking box scores as he was out of commission with a broken heel. It sounds as painful as it reads and, worse yet for Backman, the injury didn’t occur during a game.
Yale forward Sean Backman…broke his heel last Sunday while “horsing around” during after-hours use of a pool located at the school gym, according to sources.
“Horsing around,” eh? Perhaps Sean Backman and Mike Ribeiro can become fast friends in Dallas now.
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 8
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 46
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 19
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13