Mar 30, 2010, 1:00 PM EST
The Dallas Stars announced the signing of free agent college forward Sean Backman from Yale University today.
Backman, a 5’8″ 165 pound forward may not stand very tall but his scoring numbers for the Bulldogs over his career speak for themselves as he’s scored 20+ goals the last two seasons and lead the team in scoring during his freshman and sophomore years. Backman’s career totals with Yale look pretty gaudy scoring 77 goals and 49 assists during his four years with the Ivy Leaguers.
If you’re wondering what kind of numbers Backman put up for Yale during the NCAA Tournament this year, you can stop checking box scores as he was out of commission with a broken heel. It sounds as painful as it reads and, worse yet for Backman, the injury didn’t occur during a game.
Yale forward Sean Backman…broke his heel last Sunday while “horsing around” during after-hours use of a pool located at the school gym, according to sources.
“Horsing around,” eh? Perhaps Sean Backman and Mike Ribeiro can become fast friends in Dallas now.
- Burke wants the Flames to be — yep, you guessed it — more ‘truculent’ 1
- BREAKING: Flames fire Feaster 29
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 14
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 36
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 76
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 32
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 11
- Rivalry Night on NBCSN: Flyers challenge top-ranked Blackhawks 18
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)