Mar 30, 2010, 1:00 PM EDT
The Dallas Stars announced the signing of free agent college forward Sean Backman from Yale University today.
Backman, a 5’8″ 165 pound forward may not stand very tall but his scoring numbers for the Bulldogs over his career speak for themselves as he’s scored 20+ goals the last two seasons and lead the team in scoring during his freshman and sophomore years. Backman’s career totals with Yale look pretty gaudy scoring 77 goals and 49 assists during his four years with the Ivy Leaguers.
If you’re wondering what kind of numbers Backman put up for Yale during the NCAA Tournament this year, you can stop checking box scores as he was out of commission with a broken heel. It sounds as painful as it reads and, worse yet for Backman, the injury didn’t occur during a game.
Yale forward Sean Backman…broke his heel last Sunday while “horsing around” during after-hours use of a pool located at the school gym, according to sources.
“Horsing around,” eh? Perhaps Sean Backman and Mike Ribeiro can become fast friends in Dallas now.
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 3
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 15
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 11
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 40
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 60
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 9
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)