Mar 30, 2010, 1:00 PM EST
The Dallas Stars announced the signing of free agent college forward Sean Backman from Yale University today.
Backman, a 5’8″ 165 pound forward may not stand very tall but his scoring numbers for the Bulldogs over his career speak for themselves as he’s scored 20+ goals the last two seasons and lead the team in scoring during his freshman and sophomore years. Backman’s career totals with Yale look pretty gaudy scoring 77 goals and 49 assists during his four years with the Ivy Leaguers.
If you’re wondering what kind of numbers Backman put up for Yale during the NCAA Tournament this year, you can stop checking box scores as he was out of commission with a broken heel. It sounds as painful as it reads and, worse yet for Backman, the injury didn’t occur during a game.
Yale forward Sean Backman…broke his heel last Sunday while “horsing around” during after-hours use of a pool located at the school gym, according to sources.
“Horsing around,” eh? Perhaps Sean Backman and Mike Ribeiro can become fast friends in Dallas now.
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 10
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 27
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 6
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 77
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 16
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 52
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 55
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (77)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)