Mar 30, 2010, 1:00 PM EDT
The Dallas Stars announced the signing of free agent college forward Sean Backman from Yale University today.
Backman, a 5’8″ 165 pound forward may not stand very tall but his scoring numbers for the Bulldogs over his career speak for themselves as he’s scored 20+ goals the last two seasons and lead the team in scoring during his freshman and sophomore years. Backman’s career totals with Yale look pretty gaudy scoring 77 goals and 49 assists during his four years with the Ivy Leaguers.
If you’re wondering what kind of numbers Backman put up for Yale during the NCAA Tournament this year, you can stop checking box scores as he was out of commission with a broken heel. It sounds as painful as it reads and, worse yet for Backman, the injury didn’t occur during a game.
Yale forward Sean Backman…broke his heel last Sunday while “horsing around” during after-hours use of a pool located at the school gym, according to sources.
“Horsing around,” eh? Perhaps Sean Backman and Mike Ribeiro can become fast friends in Dallas now.
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 11
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 36
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 17
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 29
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 10
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 18
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 34
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 58
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)