Mar 30, 2010, 11:56 PM EDT
Ryan Kesler was tossed from tonight’s game against the Phoenix Coyotes for a hit on Derek Morris. At least from what I’ve seen, I mostly agree with Crash the Crease’s assessment of the hit (video included in that link). I’m not sure if Morris clearly saw it coming, but it was still a very tough call. Here’s Crash the Crease’s take on the situation.
I think the refs were in a tough situation, the play happened fast and based on all the talk surrounding the league and headshots/hits from behind even if they did not see it clearly they wanted to make sure if it was a dirty play Kesler paid for it and it didn’t make them look bad.
Morris clearly sees him coming, and in slo motion you can see Kesler hits him from the side but Morris turns and ends up going face first into the boards.
How do you feel about the hit? Do you think Kesler deserved a five minute penalty and a game misconduct for it?
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 0
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 6
- It’s Philadelphia Flyers Day at PHT 31
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 41
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 9
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 6
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 35
- Poll: Will Washington get back into the playoffs? 28
- Buffalo lands next two NHL scouting combines 25