Mar 30, 2010, 11:56 PM EDT
Ryan Kesler was tossed from tonight’s game against the Phoenix Coyotes for a hit on Derek Morris. At least from what I’ve seen, I mostly agree with Crash the Crease’s assessment of the hit (video included in that link). I’m not sure if Morris clearly saw it coming, but it was still a very tough call. Here’s Crash the Crease’s take on the situation.
I think the refs were in a tough situation, the play happened fast and based on all the talk surrounding the league and headshots/hits from behind even if they did not see it clearly they wanted to make sure if it was a dirty play Kesler paid for it and it didn’t make them look bad.
Morris clearly sees him coming, and in slo motion you can see Kesler hits him from the side but Morris turns and ends up going face first into the boards.
How do you feel about the hit? Do you think Kesler deserved a five minute penalty and a game misconduct for it?
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Western Conference Final Game 7 0
- After prepping for three years, Franson excited to test free agency 7
- Sabres’ Kane (shoulder) ‘ahead of schedule’ with recovery 17
- Lightning ‘answer the challenge’ in Game 7 to reach Stanley Cup Final 37
- Vigneault: McDonagh was playing with a broken foot 21
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers 76
- The Ducks got Kesler for a game like Saturday’s 32
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 58
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 14
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 46
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (77)
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers (76)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win (58)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)