Mar 30, 2010, 11:56 PM EST
Ryan Kesler was tossed from tonight’s game against the Phoenix Coyotes for a hit on Derek Morris. At least from what I’ve seen, I mostly agree with Crash the Crease’s assessment of the hit (video included in that link). I’m not sure if Morris clearly saw it coming, but it was still a very tough call. Here’s Crash the Crease’s take on the situation.
I think the refs were in a tough situation, the play happened fast and based on all the talk surrounding the league and headshots/hits from behind even if they did not see it clearly they wanted to make sure if it was a dirty play Kesler paid for it and it didn’t make them look bad.
Morris clearly sees him coming, and in slo motion you can see Kesler hits him from the side but Morris turns and ends up going face first into the boards.
How do you feel about the hit? Do you think Kesler deserved a five minute penalty and a game misconduct for it?
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 32
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 4
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 13
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 54
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 3
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 27
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 11
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 41
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks 52
- Report: NHL set to finally pay Gretzky at least $7M 15
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (54)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (52)
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension (41)
- Panthers announced attendance Tuesday night lowest since 2008 (38)