Mar 30, 2010, 1:47 PM EDT
According to the official
Twitter feed of the Philadelphia Flyers, the NHL has suspended Dan
Carcillo two games for his high stick on David Clarkson. Or, as they put
Carcillo gets two game suspension for his
unintentional high stick on Sunday against New Jersey.
I don’t think he exactly wanted to slam his stick into Clarkson’s face,
but when you go to cross check a player a couple of times up high,
you’re going to be held responsible for what happens with your stick. Of
course, Paul Holmgren doesn’t exactly agree:
“I am disappointed in this decision by the league.
This was clearly an accidental high stick and I do not believe a match
apologizing and and looking incredibly guilty while he and Clarkson
‘hugged’ after the check was likely a big factor in the suspension.
That, and his prior suspensions as well. But like I said above, the NHL
is going to hold players responsible for what they do with their sticks.
you poke another player in the eye with it.
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 16
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 46
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 16
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 44
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 9
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 12
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 21
- P.K. Subban: ‘I’m not trying to change the game of hockey’ 24
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker 39