Mar 30, 2010, 1:47 PM EDT
According to the official
Twitter feed of the Philadelphia Flyers, the NHL has suspended Dan
Carcillo two games for his high stick on David Clarkson. Or, as they put
Carcillo gets two game suspension for his
unintentional high stick on Sunday against New Jersey.
I don’t think he exactly wanted to slam his stick into Clarkson’s face,
but when you go to cross check a player a couple of times up high,
you’re going to be held responsible for what happens with your stick. Of
course, Paul Holmgren doesn’t exactly agree:
“I am disappointed in this decision by the league.
This was clearly an accidental high stick and I do not believe a match
apologizing and and looking incredibly guilty while he and Clarkson
‘hugged’ after the check was likely a big factor in the suspension.
That, and his prior suspensions as well. But like I said above, the NHL
is going to hold players responsible for what they do with their sticks.
you poke another player in the eye with it.
- On carrying three goalies, and which teams might be forced to do it 1
- Bettman: NHL won’t expand ‘just to fulfill somebody’s notion of symmetry’ 7
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough 32
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 8
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 44
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 16
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 19
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers (44)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)