Mar 30, 2010, 1:47 PM EST
According to the official
Twitter feed of the Philadelphia Flyers, the NHL has suspended Dan
Carcillo two games for his high stick on David Clarkson. Or, as they put
Carcillo gets two game suspension for his
unintentional high stick on Sunday against New Jersey.
I don’t think he exactly wanted to slam his stick into Clarkson’s face,
but when you go to cross check a player a couple of times up high,
you’re going to be held responsible for what happens with your stick. Of
course, Paul Holmgren doesn’t exactly agree:
“I am disappointed in this decision by the league.
This was clearly an accidental high stick and I do not believe a match
apologizing and and looking incredibly guilty while he and Clarkson
‘hugged’ after the check was likely a big factor in the suspension.
That, and his prior suspensions as well. But like I said above, the NHL
is going to hold players responsible for what they do with their sticks.
you poke another player in the eye with it.
- Leafs scoring slump hits historical low 20
- Video: Rangers’ Lundqvist takes puck to the neck 10
- Zamboni driver arrested for DUI, allegedly cleaned ice surface while drunk 16
- Mike Richards trying to make the best of being sent to the AHL 13
- Price leads Habs past Caps with second straight shutout 10
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 27
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 61
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4