Mar 30, 2010, 1:47 PM EST
According to the official
Twitter feed of the Philadelphia Flyers, the NHL has suspended Dan
Carcillo two games for his high stick on David Clarkson. Or, as they put
Carcillo gets two game suspension for his
unintentional high stick on Sunday against New Jersey.
I don’t think he exactly wanted to slam his stick into Clarkson’s face,
but when you go to cross check a player a couple of times up high,
you’re going to be held responsible for what happens with your stick. Of
course, Paul Holmgren doesn’t exactly agree:
“I am disappointed in this decision by the league.
This was clearly an accidental high stick and I do not believe a match
apologizing and and looking incredibly guilty while he and Clarkson
‘hugged’ after the check was likely a big factor in the suspension.
That, and his prior suspensions as well. But like I said above, the NHL
is going to hold players responsible for what they do with their sticks.
you poke another player in the eye with it.
- Pat Quinn, ‘one of hockey’s most respected individuals,’ has died 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Bruins seek perfect game vs. Penguins 2
- Legendary hockey coach Viktor Tikhonov has died 8
- Canucks’ Hamhuis placed on IR 3
- Firing Dallas Eakins ‘would be so unfair,’ says Taylor Hall 31
- ‘It sucks for us, it sucks for the fans’: Oilers losing skid hits six games 17
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ 97
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 5
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 8
- Don Cherry on Leafs not saluting fans: ‘I couldn’t believe these guys would do something like this’ 16
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (97)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (87)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)