Mar 30, 2010, 10:28 AM EDT
Philadelphia Flyers winger Dan Carcillo will have a disciplinary hearing
today with the NHL, to be held at Noon EDT.
The word is that the
hearing will be via phone with Colin Campbell and his office.
is always the case with the NHL and these hearings, the punishment is
completely arbitrary and who knows what happens. The fact that David
Clarkson was injured (he needed three stitches) won’t help Carcillo’s
case, but watching the video it certainly didn’t appear that Carcillo
was actually trying to strike Clarkson in the face with his stick.
course, Carcillo’s past will be in play as well. He was suspended four
games earlier this season for sucker punching Matt Bradley, and was
suspended twice last season.
If it was a standalone incident, I’m
guessing it would be nothing more than a fine. Taking into account
Carcillo’s suspension history, a one-game suspension won’t be
But it’s Colin Campbell, so who knows.
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 15
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 54
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 44
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)