Mar 30, 2010, 10:28 AM EDT
Philadelphia Flyers winger Dan Carcillo will have a disciplinary hearing
today with the NHL, to be held at Noon EDT.
The word is that the
hearing will be via phone with Colin Campbell and his office.
is always the case with the NHL and these hearings, the punishment is
completely arbitrary and who knows what happens. The fact that David
Clarkson was injured (he needed three stitches) won’t help Carcillo’s
case, but watching the video it certainly didn’t appear that Carcillo
was actually trying to strike Clarkson in the face with his stick.
course, Carcillo’s past will be in play as well. He was suspended four
games earlier this season for sucker punching Matt Bradley, and was
suspended twice last season.
If it was a standalone incident, I’m
guessing it would be nothing more than a fine. Taking into account
Carcillo’s suspension history, a one-game suspension won’t be
But it’s Colin Campbell, so who knows.
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 10
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 23
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 66
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 48
- Klingberg signs seven-year, $29.75 million extension with Stars 10
- Video: Perry paces Ducks to victory over Jets with four-point night 13
- Video: Wild hold off late push from Blues 38
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)
- PHT Morning Skate: Ottawa Sun runs with front page headline ‘Heads Up, P.K.’ (74)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (67)