Mar 30, 2010, 10:28 AM EDT
Philadelphia Flyers winger Dan Carcillo will have a disciplinary hearing
today with the NHL, to be held at Noon EDT.
The word is that the
hearing will be via phone with Colin Campbell and his office.
is always the case with the NHL and these hearings, the punishment is
completely arbitrary and who knows what happens. The fact that David
Clarkson was injured (he needed three stitches) won’t help Carcillo’s
case, but watching the video it certainly didn’t appear that Carcillo
was actually trying to strike Clarkson in the face with his stick.
course, Carcillo’s past will be in play as well. He was suspended four
games earlier this season for sucker punching Matt Bradley, and was
suspended twice last season.
If it was a standalone incident, I’m
guessing it would be nothing more than a fine. Taking into account
Carcillo’s suspension history, a one-game suspension won’t be
But it’s Colin Campbell, so who knows.
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 0
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 8
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 38
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 16
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 7
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 5
- Report: Sens’ Murray to retire after next season 0
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 49
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)