Mar 30, 2010, 11:00 PM EDT
The Rangers and Thrashers also won tonight, along with Boston, so the Bruins need every point they can earn.
As I’ve pointed out before, the full season numbers show that Rask wins more often and has a near 93% save percentage while Thomas is a little bit over 91.5 percent (a big deal considering that NHL goalies face a ton of shots). Here’s a breakdown of the two goalies’ last 10 games, including nights when one was pulled for the other.
Whether you look at the season as a whole or recent games, the answer – in my opinion – is Rask. That’s not to say that Thomas is useless or even a sub-par goalie. He could very well find his game again next season. Right now, though, Boston has every reason to play the hot hand.
Just saying, this isn’t a time to play goalie politics.
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 16
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 4
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 5
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 34
- Poll: Will Washington get back into the playoffs? 28
- Buffalo lands next two NHL scouting combines 23
- Under Pressure: In Washington? Take your pick 24
- It’s Washington Capitals day on PHT 42
- It’s Florida Panthers day on PHT 8