Mar 30, 2010, 11:00 PM EDT
The Rangers and Thrashers also won tonight, along with Boston, so the Bruins need every point they can earn.
As I’ve pointed out before, the full season numbers show that Rask wins more often and has a near 93% save percentage while Thomas is a little bit over 91.5 percent (a big deal considering that NHL goalies face a ton of shots). Here’s a breakdown of the two goalies’ last 10 games, including nights when one was pulled for the other.
Whether you look at the season as a whole or recent games, the answer – in my opinion – is Rask. That’s not to say that Thomas is useless or even a sub-par goalie. He could very well find his game again next season. Right now, though, Boston has every reason to play the hot hand.
Just saying, this isn’t a time to play goalie politics.
- Bruins’ Hamilton: ‘I don’t feel like a rookie anymore’ 4
- Penguins’ Murray: ‘We need to be better’ 1
- Senators’ coach MacLean: Karlsson ‘wasn’t one of the best players’ 4
- Discuss: Penguins defeat Senators in Game 2; lead series 2-0 30
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators 76
- Torres won’t appeal suspension, Sharks call punishment ‘grossly unfair’ 8
- Flyers owner Snider: ‘I didn’t pick Bryz’ 60
- Sens’ MacLean, Ducks’ Boudreau, Hawks’ Quenneville are Jack Adams finalists 23
- Playoffs Tonight: ‘Pesky’ Sens fight to even series vs Pens 18
- Video: Vlasic’s controversial delay of game penalty 22
- Alex ‘they wanted Game 7′ Ovechkin to address media today before heading to Worlds (110)
- Discuss: Penguins knock Islanders out of playoffs (99)
- Question for commenters: What’s the hardest team to support? (93)
- Capitals discuss ‘lopsided’ penalty calls (82)
- Bryzgalov thinks Stalin did a good job, wishes Philadelphia wasn’t so old, and believes poor people don’t want to work (79)
- Swimmer Phelps denies comeback rumors
- PHT: Crosby's hat trick powers Penguins past Senators
- PFT: Jets' Goodson gets five gun and drug charges
- PFT: Gronk taking pre-surgery rip through Vegas
- PFT: Seahawks' Irvin suspended for violating PED policy
- Orb favored to take Preakness, set up Triple try
- What to watch for at the Preakness