Mar 30, 2010, 11:00 PM EDT
The Rangers and Thrashers also won tonight, along with Boston, so the Bruins need every point they can earn.
As I’ve pointed out before, the full season numbers show that Rask wins more often and has a near 93% save percentage while Thomas is a little bit over 91.5 percent (a big deal considering that NHL goalies face a ton of shots). Here’s a breakdown of the two goalies’ last 10 games, including nights when one was pulled for the other.
Whether you look at the season as a whole or recent games, the answer – in my opinion – is Rask. That’s not to say that Thomas is useless or even a sub-par goalie. He could very well find his game again next season. Right now, though, Boston has every reason to play the hot hand.
Just saying, this isn’t a time to play goalie politics.
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 3
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 4
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 22
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 14
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 28
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 3
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 45