Mar 30, 2010, 11:00 PM EDT
The Rangers and Thrashers also won tonight, along with Boston, so the Bruins need every point they can earn.
As I’ve pointed out before, the full season numbers show that Rask wins more often and has a near 93% save percentage while Thomas is a little bit over 91.5 percent (a big deal considering that NHL goalies face a ton of shots). Here’s a breakdown of the two goalies’ last 10 games, including nights when one was pulled for the other.
Whether you look at the season as a whole or recent games, the answer – in my opinion – is Rask. That’s not to say that Thomas is useless or even a sub-par goalie. He could very well find his game again next season. Right now, though, Boston has every reason to play the hot hand.
Just saying, this isn’t a time to play goalie politics.
- Playoffs tonight: Spezza’s Game 3 return, Bruins-Rangers highlight your Sunday 5
- Penner blasts refs for having ‘gall to guess’ on goalie interference call 59
- Discuss: Sharks win in OT, draw series to 2-1 19
- NHL fines Sharks $100K for Torres suspension critique 44
- Toews has beef with officiating after Game 2 loss 56
- Discuss: Red Wings even up series, take down Chicago 4-1 27
- No surgery needed for Eric Staal following injury at Worlds 3
- Playoffs tonight: Detroit and San Jose look to change things up 3
- Bruins’ Hamilton: ‘I don’t feel like a rookie anymore’ 26
- Penguins’ Murray: ‘We need to be better’ 8
- Alex ‘they wanted Game 7′ Ovechkin to address media today before heading to Worlds (110)
- Question for commenters: What’s the hardest team to support? (93)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Capitals discuss ‘lopsided’ penalty calls (82)
- Bryzgalov thinks Stalin did a good job, wishes Philadelphia wasn’t so old, and believes poor people don’t want to work (79)
- Play Video: Highlights: Sharks take critical Game 3 in OT
- Play Video: Stuart lands huge hit on Williams
- Play Video: Toffoli gets Kings on the board
- Play Video: Sharks take advantage of early penalty
- Play Video: Highlights: Red Wings even series, thump Blackhawks
- Play Video: Filppula scores impressive, unbalanced goal