Mar 29, 2010, 1:40 AM EDT
We put a lot of content on this blog each day, and we understand it can be a bit tough to keep track of everything. So at the end of the day we’ll put up a nightly recap of all of that day’s news. Presenting the Pro Hockey Talk Nightcap:
NHL Playoffs Update: Flyers sinking – They needed tonight’s win for sure.
Thornton’s injury rare sight to see: Sharks fans are hoping that a San Jose team without Thornton will be a rare sight as well.
Devils clinch 13th straight playoff berth: The Eastern Conference’s answer to the Red Wings, for sure.
Flyers goaltending situation gets uglier: They didn’t hire Mike Ricci did they? (Sorry that was uncalled for.)
Referees cause confusion after disallowed goal: Michigan Wolverines fans can relate.
Tonight’s remaining games: Previews for the games.
Crosby, Ovechkin continue see-saw Richard race: Who do you think will win it?
Analyzing the race for the East’s bottom 3 seeds: The Rangers still have a shot, believe it or not.
Byfuglien: a deep dish of frustration: Get it, because it’s Chicago? Fine, be that way.
The outlook for the ‘rest’ of the West: The Avs better be careful. Their lead is big but not insurmountable.
Source of frustration master post: All the great guest posts in one easy spot. Bookmark it, kiddos.
Get to know your Frozen Four finalists: I am a college hockey novice, as you can see.
- Big money: Tarasenko signs eight-year, $60 million extension with Blues 69
- Blackhawks extend TVR through 2017-18 3
- Good start: McDavid scores five in Oilers scrimmage 32
- Caps ink Kuznetsov to two-year, $6 million extension 9
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 12
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 15
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 37
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 15
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Expansion process underway as NHL sends out applications (92)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)
- Big money: Tarasenko signs eight-year, $60 million extension with Blues (72)