Mar 29, 2010, 11:50 PM EDT
We put a lot of content on this blog each day, and we understand it can be a bit tough to keep track of everything. So at the end of the day we’ll put up a nightly recap of all of that day’s news. Presenting the Pro Hockey Talk Nightcap:
Goal of the Night: Rene Bourque - Seriously, check that goal out. It’s fantastic.
Save(s) of the Night: Thomas Greiss - Nice work by the Sharks’ backup here.
Red Wings best team in the West? - It’s hard to name a true favorite.
Capitals fans need a reality check - Don’t we all?
Should Dan Carcillo be suspended for high stick? - Oh, Dan “CarcilLOL” you’re such a scamp.
Flyers targeting young goaltender this summer? - Does this mean my twisted fantasy of Turco in Philadelphia won’t ever happen? Darn.
Mike Modano could return Friday- In other news, his wife is extremely attractive.
Senators sign UNH’s Bobby Butler - One of the coolest things about the Frozen Four is seeing unsigned or non-drafted players get scooped up by NHL teams.
Injuries put Rangers’ playoff hopes in doubt - Somehow Marian Gaborik is not involved.
Don’t forget about Henrik Sedin and the Canucks - Sedin is the least-ballyhooed 100 point getter in quite some time.
NHL working on sending Coyotes to Winnipeg? - Crazy stuff, though it seems unlikely now.
Mike Green’s case for the Norris Trophy - 1. He scores a bajillion points. 2. He allows me to use the term “faux-hawk.”
Duncan Keith blames his skates for the poor play - I blame my keyboard for my weak jokes.
Report: Coyotes to Winnipeg rumors false - Moving the Coyotes to Winnipeg makes about as little sense as possible. (No offense ‘Peggers, but it doesn’t make sense to move a small market to a smaller market.)
Mike Ribeiro to sit out for ‘disciplinary reasons.’ - This fails to shock me.
Shane O’Brien has made Alain Vigneault very angry - Those O’Brien folks are real ruffians.
Kaleta out two weeks after thumb surgery - I resist the urge to make a Siskel and Ebert joke.
Odd bounces: Eaves, Playfair provide bloopers - That Playfair clip is fantastic.
Danny Briere frustrates Flyers fans - Great stuff from Flyers Goal Scored By.
Atlanta Thrashers are the masters of frustration - And He-Man is the master of the universe.
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 16
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 10
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 30
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 32
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)
- Red Wings unveil plans for new arena, look to open in 2017 (57)