Mar 29, 2010, 11:50 PM EDT
We put a lot of content on this blog each day, and we understand it can be a bit tough to keep track of everything. So at the end of the day we’ll put up a nightly recap of all of that day’s news. Presenting the Pro Hockey Talk Nightcap:
Goal of the Night: Rene Bourque - Seriously, check that goal out. It’s fantastic.
Save(s) of the Night: Thomas Greiss - Nice work by the Sharks’ backup here.
Red Wings best team in the West? - It’s hard to name a true favorite.
Capitals fans need a reality check - Don’t we all?
Should Dan Carcillo be suspended for high stick? - Oh, Dan “CarcilLOL” you’re such a scamp.
Flyers targeting young goaltender this summer? - Does this mean my twisted fantasy of Turco in Philadelphia won’t ever happen? Darn.
Mike Modano could return Friday- In other news, his wife is extremely attractive.
Senators sign UNH’s Bobby Butler - One of the coolest things about the Frozen Four is seeing unsigned or non-drafted players get scooped up by NHL teams.
Injuries put Rangers’ playoff hopes in doubt - Somehow Marian Gaborik is not involved.
Don’t forget about Henrik Sedin and the Canucks - Sedin is the least-ballyhooed 100 point getter in quite some time.
NHL working on sending Coyotes to Winnipeg? - Crazy stuff, though it seems unlikely now.
Mike Green’s case for the Norris Trophy - 1. He scores a bajillion points. 2. He allows me to use the term “faux-hawk.”
Duncan Keith blames his skates for the poor play - I blame my keyboard for my weak jokes.
Report: Coyotes to Winnipeg rumors false - Moving the Coyotes to Winnipeg makes about as little sense as possible. (No offense ‘Peggers, but it doesn’t make sense to move a small market to a smaller market.)
Mike Ribeiro to sit out for ‘disciplinary reasons.’ - This fails to shock me.
Shane O’Brien has made Alain Vigneault very angry - Those O’Brien folks are real ruffians.
Kaleta out two weeks after thumb surgery - I resist the urge to make a Siskel and Ebert joke.
Odd bounces: Eaves, Playfair provide bloopers - That Playfair clip is fantastic.
Danny Briere frustrates Flyers fans - Great stuff from Flyers Goal Scored By.
Atlanta Thrashers are the masters of frustration - And He-Man is the master of the universe.
- Maloney signs long-term contract as Coyotes GM 0
- Playoffs Tonight: Penguins aim to finish off Senators 16
- Kings’ Quick ‘didn’t have to work hard’ in shutout win over Sharks 7
- Discuss: Kings dominate Game 5, one win away from Western Conference final 21
- Discuss: Red Wings take 3-1 series lead 62
- Discuss: Rangers stay alive with OT win 85
- What they’re saying about the Avs hiring Patrick Roy 9
- It’s official: Colorado names Roy sixth head coach in franchise history 56
- Couture accuses Kings captain Brown of diving 38
- Three reasons why the Rangers might buy out Richards 26
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting (113)
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? (101)
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (99)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (95)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Tiger, LeBron and bids to be the best that ever lived
- PHT: Senators fight for playoff lives in Game 5
- HBT: A-Rod sells Miami home for $30 million
- PST: Key battles for Champions League final
- Struggling Blackhawks on brink of elimination
- PHT: Wings push Blackhawks to brink | Highlights
- PHT: Kreider keeps Rangers alive | Highlights