Mar 29, 2010, 11:50 PM EDT
We put a lot of content on this blog each day, and we understand it can be a bit tough to keep track of everything. So at the end of the day we’ll put up a nightly recap of all of that day’s news. Presenting the Pro Hockey Talk Nightcap:
Goal of the Night: Rene Bourque – Seriously, check that goal out. It’s fantastic.
Save(s) of the Night: Thomas Greiss – Nice work by the Sharks’ backup here.
Red Wings best team in the West? – It’s hard to name a true favorite.
Capitals fans need a reality check – Don’t we all?
Should Dan Carcillo be suspended for high stick? – Oh, Dan “CarcilLOL” you’re such a scamp.
Flyers targeting young goaltender this summer? – Does this mean my twisted fantasy of Turco in Philadelphia won’t ever happen? Darn.
Mike Modano could return Friday– In other news, his wife is extremely attractive.
Senators sign UNH’s Bobby Butler – One of the coolest things about the Frozen Four is seeing unsigned or non-drafted players get scooped up by NHL teams.
Injuries put Rangers’ playoff hopes in doubt – Somehow Marian Gaborik is not involved.
Don’t forget about Henrik Sedin and the Canucks – Sedin is the least-ballyhooed 100 point getter in quite some time.
NHL working on sending Coyotes to Winnipeg? – Crazy stuff, though it seems unlikely now.
Mike Green’s case for the Norris Trophy – 1. He scores a bajillion points. 2. He allows me to use the term “faux-hawk.”
Duncan Keith blames his skates for the poor play – I blame my keyboard for my weak jokes.
Report: Coyotes to Winnipeg rumors false – Moving the Coyotes to Winnipeg makes about as little sense as possible. (No offense ‘Peggers, but it doesn’t make sense to move a small market to a smaller market.)
Mike Ribeiro to sit out for ‘disciplinary reasons.’ – This fails to shock me.
Shane O’Brien has made Alain Vigneault very angry – Those O’Brien folks are real ruffians.
Kaleta out two weeks after thumb surgery – I resist the urge to make a Siskel and Ebert joke.
Odd bounces: Eaves, Playfair provide bloopers – That Playfair clip is fantastic.
Danny Briere frustrates Flyers fans – Great stuff from Flyers Goal Scored By.
Atlanta Thrashers are the masters of frustration – And He-Man is the master of the universe.
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 11
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 36
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 17
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 29
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 10
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 18
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 34
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 58
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)