Mar 29, 2010, 11:50 PM EDT
We put a lot of content on this blog each day, and we understand it can be a bit tough to keep track of everything. So at the end of the day we’ll put up a nightly recap of all of that day’s news. Presenting the Pro Hockey Talk Nightcap:
Goal of the Night: Rene Bourque - Seriously, check that goal out. It’s fantastic.
Save(s) of the Night: Thomas Greiss - Nice work by the Sharks’ backup here.
Red Wings best team in the West? - It’s hard to name a true favorite.
Capitals fans need a reality check - Don’t we all?
Should Dan Carcillo be suspended for high stick? - Oh, Dan “CarcilLOL” you’re such a scamp.
Flyers targeting young goaltender this summer? - Does this mean my twisted fantasy of Turco in Philadelphia won’t ever happen? Darn.
Mike Modano could return Friday- In other news, his wife is extremely attractive.
Senators sign UNH’s Bobby Butler - One of the coolest things about the Frozen Four is seeing unsigned or non-drafted players get scooped up by NHL teams.
Injuries put Rangers’ playoff hopes in doubt - Somehow Marian Gaborik is not involved.
Don’t forget about Henrik Sedin and the Canucks - Sedin is the least-ballyhooed 100 point getter in quite some time.
NHL working on sending Coyotes to Winnipeg? - Crazy stuff, though it seems unlikely now.
Mike Green’s case for the Norris Trophy - 1. He scores a bajillion points. 2. He allows me to use the term “faux-hawk.”
Duncan Keith blames his skates for the poor play - I blame my keyboard for my weak jokes.
Report: Coyotes to Winnipeg rumors false - Moving the Coyotes to Winnipeg makes about as little sense as possible. (No offense ‘Peggers, but it doesn’t make sense to move a small market to a smaller market.)
Mike Ribeiro to sit out for ‘disciplinary reasons.’ - This fails to shock me.
Shane O’Brien has made Alain Vigneault very angry - Those O’Brien folks are real ruffians.
Kaleta out two weeks after thumb surgery - I resist the urge to make a Siskel and Ebert joke.
Odd bounces: Eaves, Playfair provide bloopers - That Playfair clip is fantastic.
Danny Briere frustrates Flyers fans - Great stuff from Flyers Goal Scored By.
Atlanta Thrashers are the masters of frustration - And He-Man is the master of the universe.
- Wild hoping last change can help turn the tide versus Avs 0
- Wild changes: Kuemper starts, Brodziak sits, Heatley draws in 2
- No hearing scheduled for Richards after Couture spear 8
- Kings’ Dustin Brown: ‘We got our [expletives] kicked’ 14
- Feeding frenzy: Sharks devour Kings to take 2-0 series lead 25
- Canadiens push Lightning to brink of elimination with 3-2 win 31
- WATCH LIVE: Los Angeles Kings at San Jose Sharks (Game 2) 0
- Bruins handle Red Wings 4-1, tie series 1-1 41
- Flyers overcome two-goal deficit to finally win at MSG 68
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes 91
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (152)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (116)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (112)
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes (96)