Mar 29, 2010, 11:50 PM EST
We put a lot of content on this blog each day, and we understand it can be a bit tough to keep track of everything. So at the end of the day we’ll put up a nightly recap of all of that day’s news. Presenting the Pro Hockey Talk Nightcap:
Goal of the Night: Rene Bourque - Seriously, check that goal out. It’s fantastic.
Save(s) of the Night: Thomas Greiss - Nice work by the Sharks’ backup here.
Red Wings best team in the West? - It’s hard to name a true favorite.
Capitals fans need a reality check - Don’t we all?
Should Dan Carcillo be suspended for high stick? - Oh, Dan “CarcilLOL” you’re such a scamp.
Flyers targeting young goaltender this summer? - Does this mean my twisted fantasy of Turco in Philadelphia won’t ever happen? Darn.
Mike Modano could return Friday- In other news, his wife is extremely attractive.
Senators sign UNH’s Bobby Butler - One of the coolest things about the Frozen Four is seeing unsigned or non-drafted players get scooped up by NHL teams.
Injuries put Rangers’ playoff hopes in doubt - Somehow Marian Gaborik is not involved.
Don’t forget about Henrik Sedin and the Canucks - Sedin is the least-ballyhooed 100 point getter in quite some time.
NHL working on sending Coyotes to Winnipeg? - Crazy stuff, though it seems unlikely now.
Mike Green’s case for the Norris Trophy - 1. He scores a bajillion points. 2. He allows me to use the term “faux-hawk.”
Duncan Keith blames his skates for the poor play - I blame my keyboard for my weak jokes.
Report: Coyotes to Winnipeg rumors false - Moving the Coyotes to Winnipeg makes about as little sense as possible. (No offense ‘Peggers, but it doesn’t make sense to move a small market to a smaller market.)
Mike Ribeiro to sit out for ‘disciplinary reasons.’ - This fails to shock me.
Shane O’Brien has made Alain Vigneault very angry - Those O’Brien folks are real ruffians.
Kaleta out two weeks after thumb surgery - I resist the urge to make a Siskel and Ebert joke.
Odd bounces: Eaves, Playfair provide bloopers - That Playfair clip is fantastic.
Danny Briere frustrates Flyers fans - Great stuff from Flyers Goal Scored By.
Atlanta Thrashers are the masters of frustration - And He-Man is the master of the universe.
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 31
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 29
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 64
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 27
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 32
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 14
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 21
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 37
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Sabres announce Pat LaFontaine resigns as president of hockey operations (66)