Mar 29, 2010, 11:50 PM EDT
We put a lot of content on this blog each day, and we understand it can be a bit tough to keep track of everything. So at the end of the day we’ll put up a nightly recap of all of that day’s news. Presenting the Pro Hockey Talk Nightcap:
Goal of the Night: Rene Bourque – Seriously, check that goal out. It’s fantastic.
Save(s) of the Night: Thomas Greiss – Nice work by the Sharks’ backup here.
Red Wings best team in the West? – It’s hard to name a true favorite.
Capitals fans need a reality check – Don’t we all?
Should Dan Carcillo be suspended for high stick? – Oh, Dan “CarcilLOL” you’re such a scamp.
Flyers targeting young goaltender this summer? – Does this mean my twisted fantasy of Turco in Philadelphia won’t ever happen? Darn.
Mike Modano could return Friday- In other news, his wife is extremely attractive.
Senators sign UNH’s Bobby Butler – One of the coolest things about the Frozen Four is seeing unsigned or non-drafted players get scooped up by NHL teams.
Injuries put Rangers’ playoff hopes in doubt – Somehow Marian Gaborik is not involved.
Don’t forget about Henrik Sedin and the Canucks – Sedin is the least-ballyhooed 100 point getter in quite some time.
NHL working on sending Coyotes to Winnipeg? – Crazy stuff, though it seems unlikely now.
Mike Green’s case for the Norris Trophy – 1. He scores a bajillion points. 2. He allows me to use the term “faux-hawk.”
Duncan Keith blames his skates for the poor play – I blame my keyboard for my weak jokes.
Report: Coyotes to Winnipeg rumors false – Moving the Coyotes to Winnipeg makes about as little sense as possible. (No offense ‘Peggers, but it doesn’t make sense to move a small market to a smaller market.)
Mike Ribeiro to sit out for ‘disciplinary reasons.’ – This fails to shock me.
Shane O’Brien has made Alain Vigneault very angry – Those O’Brien folks are real ruffians.
Kaleta out two weeks after thumb surgery – I resist the urge to make a Siskel and Ebert joke.
Odd bounces: Eaves, Playfair provide bloopers – That Playfair clip is fantastic.
Danny Briere frustrates Flyers fans – Great stuff from Flyers Goal Scored By.
Atlanta Thrashers are the masters of frustration – And He-Man is the master of the universe.
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 0
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 1
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 28
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 32
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 13
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 78
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 5
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Ruff blasts Dallas for playing ‘garbage hockey’ vs. Flyers 7
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)