Mar 29, 2010, 11:50 PM EST
We put a lot of content on this blog each day, and we understand it can be a bit tough to keep track of everything. So at the end of the day we’ll put up a nightly recap of all of that day’s news. Presenting the Pro Hockey Talk Nightcap:
Goal of the Night: Rene Bourque – Seriously, check that goal out. It’s fantastic.
Save(s) of the Night: Thomas Greiss – Nice work by the Sharks’ backup here.
Red Wings best team in the West? – It’s hard to name a true favorite.
Capitals fans need a reality check – Don’t we all?
Should Dan Carcillo be suspended for high stick? – Oh, Dan “CarcilLOL” you’re such a scamp.
Flyers targeting young goaltender this summer? – Does this mean my twisted fantasy of Turco in Philadelphia won’t ever happen? Darn.
Mike Modano could return Friday- In other news, his wife is extremely attractive.
Senators sign UNH’s Bobby Butler – One of the coolest things about the Frozen Four is seeing unsigned or non-drafted players get scooped up by NHL teams.
Injuries put Rangers’ playoff hopes in doubt – Somehow Marian Gaborik is not involved.
Don’t forget about Henrik Sedin and the Canucks – Sedin is the least-ballyhooed 100 point getter in quite some time.
NHL working on sending Coyotes to Winnipeg? – Crazy stuff, though it seems unlikely now.
Mike Green’s case for the Norris Trophy – 1. He scores a bajillion points. 2. He allows me to use the term “faux-hawk.”
Duncan Keith blames his skates for the poor play – I blame my keyboard for my weak jokes.
Report: Coyotes to Winnipeg rumors false – Moving the Coyotes to Winnipeg makes about as little sense as possible. (No offense ‘Peggers, but it doesn’t make sense to move a small market to a smaller market.)
Mike Ribeiro to sit out for ‘disciplinary reasons.’ – This fails to shock me.
Shane O’Brien has made Alain Vigneault very angry – Those O’Brien folks are real ruffians.
Kaleta out two weeks after thumb surgery – I resist the urge to make a Siskel and Ebert joke.
Odd bounces: Eaves, Playfair provide bloopers – That Playfair clip is fantastic.
Danny Briere frustrates Flyers fans – Great stuff from Flyers Goal Scored By.
Atlanta Thrashers are the masters of frustration – And He-Man is the master of the universe.
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 47
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 7
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 20
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 35
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 16
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 5
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 2
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 11