Mar 29, 2010, 12:40 PM EDT
With New Hampshire finishing up their NCAA tournament a bit
prematurely, the Ottawa Senators have signed winger Bobby Butler. According
to Don Brennan of the Ottawa Sun:
native of Marlborough, Mass., is a Hobey Baker Top 10 Finalist
and helped lead the UNH Wildcats to the Hockey East season
championship. The 6-foot, 185-pounder was captain with the Wildcats this
season. He was signed as a free agent.
the NCAA with 27 goals this season, and lead Hockey East with 41 points
in the regular season.
He could join the team Thursday against
the Carolina Hurricanes, and should help add some much-needed scoring
depth to an Ottawa Senators team that looks to have finally pulled out
of post-Olympics slump.
- Report: Flyers will buy out Briere, Bryzgalov another story (Updated) 24
- Report: Flyers, Ducks talking about Bobby Ryan 48
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 80
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 9
- Datsyuk announces three-year, $22.5 million extension with Red Wings 12
- Bruins go ‘above and beyond’ to take 2-1 series lead 47
- Chicago’s powerless power play — it’s a problem 4
- Discuss: Bruins smother ‘Hawks, take 2-1 series lead 92
- Marian Hossa won’t play in Game 3 11
- Report: Flyers, Streit agree to four-year, $21 million deal 39
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- CSN: Patriots' Hernandez questioned in murder investigation
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- HBT: Mets' Wheeler goes six scoreless in MLB debut
- Lolo Jones' attempt at humor backfires