Mar 29, 2010, 12:40 PM EDT
With New Hampshire finishing up their NCAA tournament a bit
prematurely, the Ottawa Senators have signed winger Bobby Butler. According
to Don Brennan of the Ottawa Sun:
native of Marlborough, Mass., is a Hobey Baker Top 10 Finalist
and helped lead the UNH Wildcats to the Hockey East season
championship. The 6-foot, 185-pounder was captain with the Wildcats this
season. He was signed as a free agent.
the NCAA with 27 goals this season, and lead Hockey East with 41 points
in the regular season.
He could join the team Thursday against
the Carolina Hurricanes, and should help add some much-needed scoring
depth to an Ottawa Senators team that looks to have finally pulled out
of post-Olympics slump.
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 0
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 12
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6