Mar 29, 2010, 12:40 PM EDT
With New Hampshire finishing up their NCAA tournament a bit
prematurely, the Ottawa Senators have signed winger Bobby Butler. According
to Don Brennan of the Ottawa Sun:
native of Marlborough, Mass., is a Hobey Baker Top 10 Finalist
and helped lead the UNH Wildcats to the Hockey East season
championship. The 6-foot, 185-pounder was captain with the Wildcats this
season. He was signed as a free agent.
the NCAA with 27 goals this season, and lead Hockey East with 41 points
in the regular season.
He could join the team Thursday against
the Carolina Hurricanes, and should help add some much-needed scoring
depth to an Ottawa Senators team that looks to have finally pulled out
of post-Olympics slump.
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 7
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 21
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 7
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 53
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 1
- Report: Hextall ‘in the mix’ for Vancouver GM job 25
- Fuel, meet fire: Torres to return for Sharks-Kings Game 1 11
- FYI: Hartnell and Voracek have black beards now 39