Mar 29, 2010, 8:00 PM EDT
Every once in a while, we’ll come across stories that are just too strange to pass up. Sometimes we’ll get a tip from an e-mail; sometimes we will stumble across something bizarre on a hockey site. Either way, this might not be the most “pertinent” information but it certainly will be strange, funny or a bit “off.”
There have been a lot of hilarious and lame moments in the last week and we’d hate for you to miss out on all of them. Here’s a quick gallery of some “d’oh” moments from around the NHL.
- Jim Playfair probably wishes he could go back to being known as the moderately unsuccessful former coach of the Calgary Flames right about now. In case you haven’t seen the hilarious outburst (one stick wasn’t enough! ONE STICK IS NEVER ENOUGH.), check out the video here. I’d hate to see how he reacts when dinner is burnt or his dog poops on the carpet.
- Patrick Eaves’ aborted shootout attempt was something else, but at least he was willing to poke fun at himself (something tells me Patrik Stefan lacks the same funny bone). Helene St. James got this quote from him for the Detroit Free Press.
No one laughed faster than Eaves, though.
“I was dying laughing,” he said. “It was hilarious. There is no other way to describe it. I just got caught in a rut or something and toe-picked it, went airborne and slid into the corner, laughing. When I got back to the bench, it took everyone a second to stop laughing. There was a big celebration when I got back to the bench and in the locker room – we probably celebrated more about that than if I would have actually scored. It was pretty funny.”
- Patrik Berglund might need to get a new alarm clock. The Blues forward had to apologize to teammates after sleeping through a practice and therefore having to miss Sunday’s game against Edmonton, according to the St. Louis Post-Dispatch.
- Let’s not be all negative though. Abel 2 Yzerman and other Detroit blogs got together to bring a Brazilian Red Wings fan to a game at Joe Louis Arena. Check out all the inspiring details here. Kudos to A2Y and Co. for doing something truly great.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 52
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 42
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)