Mar 29, 2010, 6:33 PM EST
Well, if Patrick Kaleta did throw himself into the boards — as Mike
Fisher alleges — it came with a hefty price.
The Buffalo Sabres
winger will miss at least two weeks after having surgery on his thumb
today, reports the Buffalo Sabres (via their Twitter feed).
a tough break for the Sabres, but it most likely puts to rest any
thoughts that Kaleta intentionally took a dive while being ‘shoved in
the back’ by Mike Fisher. Still, I’m not certain it was anything more
than Kaleta just losing an edge and ending up awkwardly falling into the
Once again, and I’ll say this every time these injuries
come up: when will the NHL learn that no-touch icing is just as
effective at protecting the players as knee jerk rule changes?
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 3
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 17
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 4
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11
- Video: Coyotes defeat Oilers with 0.3 seconds remaining in OT 3
- It’s ‘unlikely’ Duncan Keith has the mumps, says Blackhawks coach 3
- Bjugstad scores the winner as Panthers, Capitals make history with 20-round shootout 21
- Yep, Beau Bennett has the mumps 24
- (Video) PHT Extra: Would the Oilers really trade Taylor Hall? 11
- Russia’s economic crisis causing big trouble for KHL 56