Mar 29, 2010, 6:33 PM EDT
Well, if Patrick Kaleta did throw himself into the boards — as Mike
Fisher alleges — it came with a hefty price.
The Buffalo Sabres
winger will miss at least two weeks after having surgery on his thumb
today, reports the Buffalo Sabres (via their Twitter feed).
a tough break for the Sabres, but it most likely puts to rest any
thoughts that Kaleta intentionally took a dive while being ‘shoved in
the back’ by Mike Fisher. Still, I’m not certain it was anything more
than Kaleta just losing an edge and ending up awkwardly falling into the
Once again, and I’ll say this every time these injuries
come up: when will the NHL learn that no-touch icing is just as
effective at protecting the players as knee jerk rule changes?
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 6
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 35
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 16
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 52
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother (Updated) 31
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 30
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 54