Mar 29, 2010, 6:33 PM EST
Well, if Patrick Kaleta did throw himself into the boards — as Mike
Fisher alleges — it came with a hefty price.
The Buffalo Sabres
winger will miss at least two weeks after having surgery on his thumb
today, reports the Buffalo Sabres (via their Twitter feed).
a tough break for the Sabres, but it most likely puts to rest any
thoughts that Kaleta intentionally took a dive while being ‘shoved in
the back’ by Mike Fisher. Still, I’m not certain it was anything more
than Kaleta just losing an edge and ending up awkwardly falling into the
Once again, and I’ll say this every time these injuries
come up: when will the NHL learn that no-touch icing is just as
effective at protecting the players as knee jerk rule changes?
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 18
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 60
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 20
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 36
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 16
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 5