Mar 29, 2010, 6:33 PM EDT
Well, if Patrick Kaleta did throw himself into the boards — as Mike
Fisher alleges — it came with a hefty price.
The Buffalo Sabres
winger will miss at least two weeks after having surgery on his thumb
today, reports the Buffalo Sabres (via their Twitter feed).
a tough break for the Sabres, but it most likely puts to rest any
thoughts that Kaleta intentionally took a dive while being ‘shoved in
the back’ by Mike Fisher. Still, I’m not certain it was anything more
than Kaleta just losing an edge and ending up awkwardly falling into the
Once again, and I’ll say this every time these injuries
come up: when will the NHL learn that no-touch icing is just as
effective at protecting the players as knee jerk rule changes?
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 19
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 11
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 9
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 5
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 18
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 25
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 18
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 54