Mar 27, 2010, 12:30 AM EDT
We put a lot of content on this blog each day, and we understand it can be a bit tough to keep track of everything. So at the end of the day we’ll put up a nightly recap of all of that day’s news. Presenting the Pro Hockey Talk Nightcap:
Goal of the Night: Mikhail Grabovski
Save of the Night: Cristobal Huet: No, that’s not a typo.
NHL Playoffs Update: Calgary’s hopes dwindle: Apparently this year’s Battle of Alberta will be staged on a golf course.
Mueller doing just fine in Colorado: Perhaps the man prefers skiing to dry heat?
NHLPA could use a man like Donald Fehr: Again, I approve of whatever will help avoid another lockout.
Ovechkin’s slump nearing catastrophic proportions?: I doubt it.
NHL & Sweden come to new transfer agreement: Apparently, Swedes barter with money rather than attractive people. Who knew?
Thrashers hold ‘closed-door meeting‘: Did someone steal Chelios’ adult diapers again?
Malkin out on Saturday, Gonchar questionable: I get the feeling that the Atlantic will go to New Jersey once again.
The debate over head hits continues: The song that never ends …
Iginla: “It’s good that there’s change.”: Jarome Iginla is happy to see some changes.
David Booth’s season likely over: I don’t see why the Panthers would try to rush him back, anyway.
Just a day off, and Luongo is ready to go: I guess that is what one would expect from a “captain.”
Who is Nashville’s most frustrating player?: Jason Arnott is the unanimous choice.
Looking back at Pat Burns’ coaching career: A snapshot of the ailing ex-coach’s fantastic 14-year run.
Buffalo’s ‘source of frustration': Has nothing to do with Scott Norwood or Brett Hull’s foot, oddly enough.
- Big money: Tarasenko signs eight-year, $60 million extension with Blues 64
- Blackhawks extend TVR through 2017-18 3
- Good start: McDavid scores five in Oilers scrimmage 29
- Caps ink Kuznetsov to two-year, $6 million extension 9
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 12
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 15
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 37
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 15