Mar 27, 2010, 12:30 AM EDT
We put a lot of content on this blog each day, and we understand it can be a bit tough to keep track of everything. So at the end of the day we’ll put up a nightly recap of all of that day’s news. Presenting the Pro Hockey Talk Nightcap:
Goal of the Night: Mikhail Grabovski
Save of the Night: Cristobal Huet: No, that’s not a typo.
NHL Playoffs Update: Calgary’s hopes dwindle: Apparently this year’s Battle of Alberta will be staged on a golf course.
Mueller doing just fine in Colorado: Perhaps the man prefers skiing to dry heat?
NHLPA could use a man like Donald Fehr: Again, I approve of whatever will help avoid another lockout.
Ovechkin’s slump nearing catastrophic proportions?: I doubt it.
NHL & Sweden come to new transfer agreement: Apparently, Swedes barter with money rather than attractive people. Who knew?
Thrashers hold ‘closed-door meeting‘: Did someone steal Chelios’ adult diapers again?
Malkin out on Saturday, Gonchar questionable: I get the feeling that the Atlantic will go to New Jersey once again.
The debate over head hits continues: The song that never ends …
Iginla: “It’s good that there’s change.”: Jarome Iginla is happy to see some changes.
David Booth’s season likely over: I don’t see why the Panthers would try to rush him back, anyway.
Just a day off, and Luongo is ready to go: I guess that is what one would expect from a “captain.”
Who is Nashville’s most frustrating player?: Jason Arnott is the unanimous choice.
Looking back at Pat Burns’ coaching career: A snapshot of the ailing ex-coach’s fantastic 14-year run.
Buffalo’s ‘source of frustration': Has nothing to do with Scott Norwood or Brett Hull’s foot, oddly enough.
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 31
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 40
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 18
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 31
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center 45
- Eric Staal has surgery to repair ‘core muscle injury’ 6
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 16
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 12
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 63
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (42)
- New Caps regime plans to keep Ovechkin at RW (for now) (42)