Mar 27, 2010, 11:00 AM EDT
Another quiet night in the NHL, but a couple of games that had direct impact on the playoff race. At this point, no update is too short.
The game that mattered:
Buffalo Sabres 2, Ottawa Senators 4 - Well, I guess the Senators won’t be finishing off that historic collapse to fall out of the playoffs. Ottawa also gets that much closer to challenging the Sabres for the division title again.
Detroit Red Wings 6, Minnesota Wild 2 – Ok folks, the Red Wings are healthy and they are getting hot. They now have a six-point lead over the 9th place Flames and could even challenge to jump all the way to 5th in the next week or so.
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 5
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 43
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 18
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13