Mar 27, 2010, 11:00 AM EST
Another quiet night in the NHL, but a couple of games that had direct impact on the playoff race. At this point, no update is too short.
The game that mattered:
Buffalo Sabres 2, Ottawa Senators 4 - Well, I guess the Senators won’t be finishing off that historic collapse to fall out of the playoffs. Ottawa also gets that much closer to challenging the Sabres for the division title again.
Detroit Red Wings 6, Minnesota Wild 2 – Ok folks, the Red Wings are healthy and they are getting hot. They now have a six-point lead over the 9th place Flames and could even challenge to jump all the way to 5th in the next week or so.
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 37
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 56
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 17
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 34
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 12
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 50
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 51
- Jordan Leopold’s daughter may have orchestrated the Minnesota trade 17
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 67
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 49
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (169)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (69)