Mar 27, 2010, 11:00 AM EDT
Another quiet night in the NHL, but a couple of games that had direct impact on the playoff race. At this point, no update is too short.
The game that mattered:
Buffalo Sabres 2, Ottawa Senators 4 – Well, I guess the Senators won’t be finishing off that historic collapse to fall out of the playoffs. Ottawa also gets that much closer to challenging the Sabres for the division title again.
Detroit Red Wings 6, Minnesota Wild 2 – Ok folks, the Red Wings are healthy and they are getting hot. They now have a six-point lead over the 9th place Flames and could even challenge to jump all the way to 5th in the next week or so.
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 13
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 2
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 3
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 26
- Here’s the latest on coaching searches in Buffalo, San Jose and New Jersey 3
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 9
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 19
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 17
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 75
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)