Mar 27, 2010, 11:00 AM EDT
Another quiet night in the NHL, but a couple of games that had direct impact on the playoff race. At this point, no update is too short.
The game that mattered:
Buffalo Sabres 2, Ottawa Senators 4 - Well, I guess the Senators won’t be finishing off that historic collapse to fall out of the playoffs. Ottawa also gets that much closer to challenging the Sabres for the division title again.
Detroit Red Wings 6, Minnesota Wild 2 – Ok folks, the Red Wings are healthy and they are getting hot. They now have a six-point lead over the 9th place Flames and could even challenge to jump all the way to 5th in the next week or so.
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 13
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 11
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 33
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 110
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 30
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 77
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7