Mar 27, 2010, 11:00 AM EDT
Another quiet night in the NHL, but a couple of games that had direct impact on the playoff race. At this point, no update is too short.
The game that mattered:
Buffalo Sabres 2, Ottawa Senators 4 – Well, I guess the Senators won’t be finishing off that historic collapse to fall out of the playoffs. Ottawa also gets that much closer to challenging the Sabres for the division title again.
Detroit Red Wings 6, Minnesota Wild 2 – Ok folks, the Red Wings are healthy and they are getting hot. They now have a six-point lead over the 9th place Flames and could even challenge to jump all the way to 5th in the next week or so.
- It’s Detroit Red Wings Day at PHT 4
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 26
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 28
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (44)