Mar 27, 2010, 7:30 PM EDT
Earlier this week, the great logo and jersey-obsessed blog Icethetics shared news that 11 teams could introduce new alternate or primary sweaters for the 2010-11season. Teams that might be making some changes are Anaheim, Buffalo, Calgary, Columbus, Dallas, Nashville, New York Islanders, New York Rangers, Philadelphia Flyers, Pittsburgh Penguins and Toronto Maple Leafs.
The post got me thinking: which teams’ jerseys need a makeover the most? Let’s take a look at some of the league’s more lackluster uniforms.
I really dislike the huge “Vancouver” on the front of the jerseys and the whale logo never really worked for me either. I’d be really happy if the Canucks went back to their sharp Pavel Bure-era duds. Check out those beauties. That’s an Anna Kournikova-worhy sweater, folks.
Anaheim Ducks/Dallas Stars
Both teams have inoffensive yet bland jersey designs. The Ducks’ “logo” seems more like a font than anything else. I know they want to distance themselves from the Mighty Ducks jokes, but a little personality would be nice.
For the Stars, I guess anything’s better than the “Mooterus” but their jerseys seem pretty non-committal too. Would it be too insulting to Minnesota fans to look into a design that mimics those old North Stars designs?
My main beef is that the logo is lame. It’s a classic example of the trend of making emblems look quasi-futuristic and “tough.” I also don’t like the fact that the bird dwarfs the hockey stick. How large are Thrashers, really?
Come on, everyone wants the sweet “Buffalo with two sabres” logo to come back. Stop teasing us by making that design their third jersey and get rid of the “Buffaslug” once and for all.
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Without Shea Weber, Predators can’t contain Hawks in Game 3 8
- Video: Tavares, Islanders take 2-1 series lead with OT win 19
- Watch Live: Predators at Blackhawks 0
- Watch Live: Capitals at Islanders 3
- Sens turn to Anderson for Game 3 5
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 13
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 84
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 70
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 167
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (167)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (84)