Mar 26, 2010, 12:30 AM EDT
We put a lot of content on this blog each day, and we understand it can be a bit tough to keep track of everything. So at the end of the day we’ll put up a nightly recap of all of that day’s news. Presenting the Pro Hockey Talk Nightcap:
NHL Playoffs update: Don’t blame Carey Price: Just because Jaroslav Halak has been fantastic doesn’t mean that Carey Price is a bust.
NHLPA approves modified rule for hits to head: And already, there’s been a hit to the head. It will be interesting to see if there are any changes to the Wheel of Justice.
Video: The types of hits that are now illegal: Headline says it all.
Pucktales: Matt Cooke has friends, after all: Our weekly comic strip.
Quick hits: Reviewing ‘Hockey-tar’, Pens’ struggles: A roundup of some of the league’s news.
College hockey player faces charges after alleged hit on ref: Does anyone have footage of this hit?
Will Donald Fehr, NHLPA cause a lockout?: Fehr’s not exactly a name that encourages confidence
Tonight’s best: Atlantic, Pacific races take spotlight: A preview of the night’s games.
NHL teams who depend most (and least) on home cooking: Some interesting anomalies here.
How does Mike Green compare to the greats?: Green compares favorably to some of the league’s all time highest scoring defensemen. At least in their first three seasons …
Booth knocked out of another game: Rough year for the promising winger.
LA Kings should bring back Gretzky-era jerseys: That is how I feel, America.
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 3
- Avs’ Parenteau (knee) likely out for remainder of regular season, playoffs unclear 0
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 14
- NHL postpones Blue Jackets-Stars game following Peverley’s collapse 17
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 13
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 7
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 22
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 35
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 38
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 15
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (70)
- Report: Flyers table ‘substantial offer’ for Kesler, also inquiring about Edler (59)