Mar 26, 2010, 10:50 AM EDT
I have to admit, when the Phoenix Coyotes traded Peter Mueller to the Colorado Avalanche for Wojtek Wolski, I thought the Coyotes got the better end of that deal. Mueller had gained a reputation as a problem child with an attitude problem, and I questioned whether he would be able to fit into a tight and successful locker room in Denver.
Turns out, he’s doing just fine according to Adrian Dater of the Denver Post.
Mueller, 21, is kiddingly called “Savior”
in the Avalanche dressing room. But he believes the Avs have rescued
him more than he has the team.
“Like I’ve said, it’s a great situation where you feel like the team
has confidence in you,” Mueller said. “It’s been a good change for me. I
just want to keep contributing and do as much as I can to help us win.”
Mueller has 15 points in 11 games with the Avs, and is two points away from equaling his total with the Coyotes before he was traded. It’s certainly case of a new environment working out perfectly for a troubled player.
I’m not certain whether Mueller will work out in the long run, but it’s great to see a young player with great potential finally find success. I can’t agree with whining your way off a team just because you couldn’t make it work, but the move was beneficial for both teams so it’s just water under the bridge at this point.
- Holtby outduels Lundqvist as Caps take series lead 31
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Capitals 3
- Red Wings’ Devellano calls Mantha ‘very, very, very disappointing’ 52
- End of an era in New Jersey as Shero replaces Lamoriello as GM 25
- Once again, Rick Nash isn’t scoring in the playoffs 24
- Video: U.S. stays unbeaten at Worlds with win over defending champs Russia 9
- Andersen shuts out Flames as Ducks stay perfect in playoffs 6
- Wild can’t contain ‘Hawks star forwards in Game 2 43
- Prust blasts referee Watson after getting tossed from Game 2 29
- Stamkos, power play comes alive as Lightning take 2-0 series lead vs. Habs 29
- Niklas Kronwall suspended for Game 7 vs. Tampa Bay (116)
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (103)
- Lightning’s Bishop silences Red Wings in hard fought Game 7 (81)
- Babcock won’t discuss future yet, but sees challenges ahead for Wings (78)
- ‘You can’t win,’ ex-NHL ref Fraser says of Prust incident (77)