Mar 26, 2010, 10:50 AM EDT
I have to admit, when the Phoenix Coyotes traded Peter Mueller to the Colorado Avalanche for Wojtek Wolski, I thought the Coyotes got the better end of that deal. Mueller had gained a reputation as a problem child with an attitude problem, and I questioned whether he would be able to fit into a tight and successful locker room in Denver.
Turns out, he’s doing just fine according to Adrian Dater of the Denver Post.
Mueller, 21, is kiddingly called “Savior”
in the Avalanche dressing room. But he believes the Avs have rescued
him more than he has the team.
“Like I’ve said, it’s a great situation where you feel like the team
has confidence in you,” Mueller said. “It’s been a good change for me. I
just want to keep contributing and do as much as I can to help us win.”
Mueller has 15 points in 11 games with the Avs, and is two points away from equaling his total with the Coyotes before he was traded. It’s certainly case of a new environment working out perfectly for a troubled player.
I’m not certain whether Mueller will work out in the long run, but it’s great to see a young player with great potential finally find success. I can’t agree with whining your way off a team just because you couldn’t make it work, but the move was beneficial for both teams so it’s just water under the bridge at this point.
- Video: Kings denied a goal after quick whistle 7
- Tweet from L.A. Kings Twitter account stirs controversy 17
- Discuss: Sharks take Game 4, even semifinal series against Kings 10
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead 52
- Video: Callahan gets away with high-sticking Chara 21
- Playoffs Tonight: Kings look for ‘killer instinct’ against Sharks 10
- Brother says Patrick Roy will be Avs’ head coach 21
- Video: Controversy colors Blackhawks goal, disallowed score 56
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago 88
- Video: Viktor Stalberg returns after head-first sprawl into boards 2
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (88)
- Bryzgalov thinks Stalin did a good job, wishes Philadelphia wasn’t so old, and believes poor people don’t want to work (80)
- McPhee says lack of power plays ‘didn’t feel right’; Torts says Washington is ‘whining’ (70)
- Penner blasts refs for having ‘gall to guess’ on goalie interference call (64)
- Sharks pull even with Kings
- PBT: Cavs win NBA draft lottery, will pick No. 1
- PBT: Nick Gilbert again Cavs' good luck charm
- PBT: Grizzlies figuring out Spurs after Game 2
- PBT: Spurs survive Grizzlies' late run, win in OT
- PHT: Bruins rally in third, put Rangers in 3-0 hole
- PFT: Jim Harbaugh to drive Indy 500 pace car