Mar 26, 2010, 10:50 AM EDT
I have to admit, when the Phoenix Coyotes traded Peter Mueller to the Colorado Avalanche for Wojtek Wolski, I thought the Coyotes got the better end of that deal. Mueller had gained a reputation as a problem child with an attitude problem, and I questioned whether he would be able to fit into a tight and successful locker room in Denver.
Turns out, he’s doing just fine according to Adrian Dater of the Denver Post.
Mueller, 21, is kiddingly called “Savior”
in the Avalanche dressing room. But he believes the Avs have rescued
him more than he has the team.
“Like I’ve said, it’s a great situation where you feel like the team
has confidence in you,” Mueller said. “It’s been a good change for me. I
just want to keep contributing and do as much as I can to help us win.”
Mueller has 15 points in 11 games with the Avs, and is two points away from equaling his total with the Coyotes before he was traded. It’s certainly case of a new environment working out perfectly for a troubled player.
I’m not certain whether Mueller will work out in the long run, but it’s great to see a young player with great potential finally find success. I can’t agree with whining your way off a team just because you couldn’t make it work, but the move was beneficial for both teams so it’s just water under the bridge at this point.
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 56
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 26
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? 45
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 31
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 10
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 41
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 26
- Pressing question: Can the Blues get back on track? 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension 91
- Sabres, Panthers have best odds for 2014 NHL draft lottery 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers (61)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- Halak’s agent ‘bewildered’ by Oates’ remarks prior to Blues game (51)