Mar 26, 2010, 10:50 AM EDT
I have to admit, when the Phoenix Coyotes traded Peter Mueller to the Colorado Avalanche for Wojtek Wolski, I thought the Coyotes got the better end of that deal. Mueller had gained a reputation as a problem child with an attitude problem, and I questioned whether he would be able to fit into a tight and successful locker room in Denver.
Turns out, he’s doing just fine according to Adrian Dater of the Denver Post.
Mueller, 21, is kiddingly called “Savior”
in the Avalanche dressing room. But he believes the Avs have rescued
him more than he has the team.
“Like I’ve said, it’s a great situation where you feel like the team
has confidence in you,” Mueller said. “It’s been a good change for me. I
just want to keep contributing and do as much as I can to help us win.”
Mueller has 15 points in 11 games with the Avs, and is two points away from equaling his total with the Coyotes before he was traded. It’s certainly case of a new environment working out perfectly for a troubled player.
I’m not certain whether Mueller will work out in the long run, but it’s great to see a young player with great potential finally find success. I can’t agree with whining your way off a team just because you couldn’t make it work, but the move was beneficial for both teams so it’s just water under the bridge at this point.
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 6
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 19
- Leafs deny rift between Kessel and coaching staff 10
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 8
- Selanne rips Boudreau in book 17
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? 36
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 11
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 20
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 24
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 25
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (54)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)